• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB: Snow Cat in Colorado > Any Snow Tracs or Snow Masters?

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=13

Type in key words such as snow cat, snocat and snowcat in the search as your results will vary. All so type in more specific names/brands and that may pop up something you may like. There are several listed but shop carefully. Many are for sale for a reason?

Check out Craig,s List via a search engine by using the key words in your search: http://www.searchtempest.com/

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Be vigulant and check often... Snow Trac's do come up for sale occasionally. When you find one don't mess around. Last year there were several others looking for one. My guess is there are people who don't post WTB that are silently lurking and looking too.

Not that many for sale around, and the reason is that they are such a good machine. Time tested and proven.... Unbelieveable performance for a 50 year old machine, even in todays world. Lightest machine out there too.

Regards, Kirk

the old trucker

Not that many for sale around, and the reason is that they are such a good machine. Time tested and proven.... Unbelieveable performance for a 50 year old machine, even in todays world. Lightest machine out there too.
Regards, Kirk
--------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the weight of a snow trac, fully ready for snow :unsure:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Regards, Kirk
--------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the weight of a snow trac, fully ready for snow :unsure:

Factory literature says 2,200lbs. I think one could be "wet" at about 2,300 to 2,400 lbs.

It is said that it is the only Cat that can be air lifted with a single rotor heliocopter.

Regards, Kirk

Fishin' Fool

A little heavier than that. Kerb weight on a Snow Trac is 3196#, 4300# total and a Snow Master is 3748#, and 4850# total.

Thanks.....mttopper for reminding of ksl.com. Timing was good as I found a Thiokol IMP 1404 STD machine that I liked and bought. It needs belting/tires. Does anyone have any good leads on belts (or complete tracks) for this machine? I am in Colorado and am also looking for someone with experience working on these machines that someone would recommend. I am time challenged with work and family. Thanks for any recommendations on parts or a mechanic for my new Toy. It looks good next to the Tank Killer.

Attachments

• IMP_TK1.jpg
    IMP_TK1.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 233
  • IMP_TK2.jpg
    IMP_TK2.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 242
  • IMP_TK3.jpg
    IMP_TK3.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 246
  • IMP_TK4.jpg
    IMP_TK4.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 233

cloudcap

GOLD Site Supporter
Congratulations on your new Imp -- nice looking machine.

A few years ago I traded email with the folks at RV Specialties in Salt Lake City about a new set of tracks for my 1404 and they said that they could provide "a complete conversion consisting of all new cleats, belting, backing plates, grade 8 hardware, sprockets and new front idlers for 10,280.00." This was more than I was willing to spend, but if you have more money than time then this would quickly give you a set of tracks that would last for years. Note that this would not be Thiokol tracks -- it would be their own after-market version. Here's their contact information:

Kevin Smith
R V Specialties, Inc.
928 W. South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84104
(801) 355-4171
litefootsnowcats@aol.com
www.snowcattracks.com

I've never done business with them so I can't vouch for the quality of their work, but Kevin was responsive and knowledgeable via email. It might be worth your while to drop them a note.

Ron

rdynes01

Try Ed at Snow Vehicles Services in Castle Rock. He's forgotten more about snowcats than most guys will ever know. Good guy. 303 514-8621

Cloudcap...thanks for the reply....that's way more than I can spend on tracks etc. Rdynes01...I have called Ed a few times and sent emails. No response. I bought a turn key IMP 1404 STD flatbed from him that he had restored. He does excellent work. Hopefully he will read this and reply. :^)