• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ST4 580029

vintagebike

Work has begun on one of the only Friction Drive SnowTracs still with the original track system in North America. It had a 1972 VW 1600 twin port engine and hope to find a period correct Porsche 1600S. So far the only impossible to find original track cleats, 5 of them, were located in Sweden and thankfully shipped to me for Christmas.:w00t2: It will be in McCall, up on stands for most of this year.
IMG_9093.jpg
IMG_9094.jpg

nwerring

Looks good:clap: Will be nice to see it completed.
My grandfather owned 58006 with was one of the original first four delivered to Norway. I´ve been trying to track it down, but no luck so far...
Attaching a short video of it here from aprox 1959/60. The tracks have already been modified.

Attachments

• ST R2.mpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 96

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I may be able to help you with the Porsche motor. I have quite a few parts being in the Porsche repair business since 1982. It would be nice if they went to a good home and to a great project like you have! Send me a note with your needs. If I don't have it I may be able to source it.