• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Growing Old!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I have come to the conclusion that growing old is not so bad. After all, not everyone is given the privilege to do so.

I contemplate the days gone by and how much more simpler life was in the sixties and seventies. Times today are just so hectic. It's like trying to watch a movie on fast forward and keep up with it. But life is good and if we have our health, we have it all boys & girls.

For some reason two songs come to mind. Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf and Teach Your Children Well by Crosby, Stills and Nash.

Have a good day!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Growing Old sucks

Maybe for you. In your intro you stated that you are a glass half full person. Well, that is the attitude I have taken about growing old. One either grows old or dies young. The Good Lord has decided to allow me to grow old and I plan on making the best of it with a positive attitude and a great outlook on life. (Except when it comes to dealing with idiots on the left). We call them liberals, I believe you call them by the misnomer Labour. We all know the left never labours.

Attitude. Life is all about attitudes and how we deal with adversity. Best of luck to you.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I'm 61 and don't feel a day over 80........:yum::yum::yum:

Seriously, Being old is really just a state of mind. There is nothing to fear about it. Even though I have severe arthritis I don't feel my age and will not let it stop me from doing what I want.