• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kristi KT7 restoration

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Type F is what the trackster hydro's require. I believe it had to do with the temperature and viscosity. Mostly at low temps?

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Bruce went to the scale with his trailer I borrowed empty. His trailer scale weight was 1900 pounds making for a total weight on the Kirsti KT7 of 3920 with a half tank of gas.

Im trying to buy a 7000 pound deck over tilt bed with ram and dual axel might have to get one built….

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
The Ford / Mercury Capri had V-4 engines like that too I think. Is this the same as was used in 1404's ?

Ford Motor Company never marketed a V-4 in an automobile in North America.

Ford had two automotive variations in Europe, British and German made engines.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Irongoat,

One thing to remember don't ever try to tow the vehicle if it's not running unless you pull the tracks it can damage the hydros! Most newer machines have a way to disengage ether the drive hubs or a way to let fluid recirculate so not to damage things. Which brings me to the block you have between the hydro pump and motor. Does the machine definitely have low and high? Or it that block actually the bypass if you need to pull the machine that's where it would be located. Could it be the bad performance as Al drove it in what he thought was high was actually in bypass mode ? I have searched for that block in manuals and all I can find is bypass scenarios
In that location. It could be that they have something special but it's worth considering.

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Irongoat,

One thing to remember don't ever try to tow the vehicle if it's not running unless you pull the tracks it can damage the hydros! Most newer machines have a way to disengage ether the drive hubs or a way to let fluid recirculate so not to damage things. Which brings me to the block you have between the hydro pump and motor. Does the machine definitely have low and high? Or it that block actually the bypass if you need to pull the machine that's where it would be located. Could it be the bad performance as Al drove it in what he thought was high was actually in bypass mode ? I have searched for that block in manuals and all I can find is bypass scenarios
In that location. It could be that they have something special but it's worth considering.
Brad if they are the same motors as the trackster than that is a bypass for towing I have a copy of the original manual and cushmans were equipped with a bypass for towing.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Brad if they are the same motors as the trackster than that is a bypass for towing I have a copy of the original manual and cushmans were equipped with a bypass for towing.

Actually not the same the tracksters were a u shaped pump/motor combo what the KT7 has is inline. The tracksters were little nubs that would keep the reliefs off of there seat so it could bypass.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Pulled the old mechanical fuel pump 2- 1/2" bolts after removing the charge pump bracket (2 - 9/16" & 1- 1/2" bolts. That charge pump bracket is a three piece bracket UGG !

The old fuel pump when I got it out for a looksie blowing oil out the weep hole.Now we know why Al installed the electrical fuel pump.The rod looked good almost no wear. Im going to plate off the mechanical fuel pump. That will give a tad bit more room down in there to replace the oil pressure sending unit. (VDO # 701-1827 ) Napa$30 bucks. I'm in there so its getting replaced. Might replace the wire all the way back to the oil gauge also.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
fuel oil

Attachments

• DSC03382.jpg
    DSC03382.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC03385.jpg
    DSC03385.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC03390.jpg
    DSC03390.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 237

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
more photos

Attachments

• DSC03392.jpg
    DSC03392.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC03393.jpg
    DSC03393.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC03396.jpg
    DSC03396.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 239

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Napa will have my block off plate for the mechanical fuel pump I removed today. I will check for leaks tomorrow. Hope rewiring and replacement of the oil pressure sending unit will get me some oil pressure tomorrow.Otherwise Im heading to the oil pump….

Attachments

• DSC03397.jpg
    DSC03397.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC03399.jpg
    DSC03399.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC03401.jpg
    DSC03401.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 239

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Pulled out the label maker tracing out all the wire bundles and labeling the harness for the next time I get into the dash counsel.

Attachments

• DSC03372.jpg
    DSC03372.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC03373.jpg
    DSC03373.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 236
  • DSC03375.jpg
    DSC03375.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 233

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Pulled out some lousy fasteners and repaired a mounting block I'll pre drill that block so as not to crack it. The block take a screw to old up the dashboard with all the gauges.

Attachments

• DSC03371.jpg
    DSC03371.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC03383.jpg
    DSC03383.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 232

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter

Makes sense because the fuel pump and oil pressure sending unit are German Well the oil pressure sending unit was German ~ I just changed it.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Tonight I bought a tilt bed trailer. Hells Bells the guy that was selling it drove three hours to my house tonight and delivered it ! What the heck I want my pudding too. lol… That was amazing he was really hard up for the money, wanted it bad enough to deliver. I asked him why he did it and he told me going to pay some bills… Wow thank you 16' tilt bed Deck over 7'6" with 2-new 5k axels and brand new brakes 4 brand new 1920PSI tires C… At the price I paid I just kept my mouth shut on the C tires.(We all want E rated tires). Delivered for $2400. bucks :w00t2: Delivered !!!!!:wow:

Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Tonight I bought a tilt bed trailer. Hells Bells the guy that was selling it drove three hours to my house tonight and delivered it ! What the heck I want my pudding too. lol… That was amazing he was really hard up for the money, wanted it bad enough to deliver. I asked him why he did it and he told me going to pay some bills… Wow thank you 16' tilt bed Deck over 7'6" with 2-new 5k axels and brand new brakes 4 brand new 1920PSI tires C… At the price I paid I just kept my mouth shut on the C tires.(We all want E rated tires). Delivered for $2400. bucks :w00t2: Delivered !!!!!:wow:

What the heck, no pictures yet:whistling:you have all this extra time since you didn't have to drive anywhere :flowers:hopefully the sheriff won't come and collect it tomorrow :sad:no,if he had a title I'm sure it's legit.:unsure:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
now that you have a trailer when I go to Leavenworth next week i'll tell burt you have something special for him to ride in.
jim

Last edited:

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter

The engine manual I bought on Ebay showed up last night. Time for some engine reading.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
What the heck, no pictures yet:whistling:you have all this extra time since you didn't have to drive anywhere :flowers:hopefully the sheriff won't come and collect it tomorrow :sad:no,if he had a title I'm sure it's legit.:unsure:

Oh my I don't want the law showing up ! I will up load photos after work tonight. I need to get a hydraulic ram on it and I might try to sell the tires on it and up grade them from 1920 C to an E tire. The way that trailer came to me I'm not going to complain much about anything.

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
now that you have a trailer when I go to Leavenworth next week i'll tell burt you have something special for him to ride in.
jim

Bert will get a kick out of that ! It's like no other that's for sure. Have Bert check his email. I sent him a ton of photos of him but didn't hear back from him.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
buy the manual? it took some time but I found a dorset manual for free on the web and down loaded it. funny how Thiokol used all those weird European engines

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
The V4 has an internal balance shaft that is gear driven at engine speed by the crankshaft which reduces vibration at all speeds giving a smoother flow of power

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Changing out the oil pressure sending unit and the conductor back to the gauge did the trick I have oil pressure.

Now onto the hydro

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
This is the radio I'm going to try and patch into my head set in the cat.

It's a good weekend. Oil pressure in the cat and finished the sauna.

Attachments

• IMG_1297.jpg
    IMG_1297.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 264

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
hey, you could put kristy on the door of that. it looks neat. I want one.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I think the door will need to be bigger for the KT7 to fit in. But on the other hand
After a good sauna your should jump in some cold water ( now I don't see a pool
But he just brought home the tub):doh:

Glad you now have oil pressure :biggrin:and a trailer :brows:hey:dancing:portable hot tub:shifty: