• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

40 Weaver Lane

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought a house to fix up, rent and eventually sell when the market recovers sufficiently. It needs some work but nothing I can't handle. It's located on a hill and has decks that look out over the river, as well as on small deck that is actually extend out into the river.

There is property on the opposite side of the river that I purchased also, and there is a private walkway bridge that connects the house property and the property on the adjacent side. It's actually a small park but it's been unattended for 2 years and is in need of maintenance.

Here are some pictures.

House

latest%2520006.JPG

latest%2520007.JPG

The front door is awesome, with a stained glass window in the top and a brass letter slot for mail. It will require quite a bit of rehab but once again, nothing that I can't handle.

clyde%2520004.JPG

clyde%2520006.JPG

Here are some pictures of the garage, which is a separate building away from the house. The garage BTW is where I found the piano posted in another thread.

clyde%2520013.JPG

clyde%2520143.JPG

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Pictures of the river from the garage.

clyde%2520014.JPG

clyde%2520144.JPG

Pictures of the river from the house.

clyde%2520042.JPG

clyde%2520112.JPG

View of the private bridge and the park.

clyde%2520040.JPG

clyde%2520064.JPG

clyde%2520066.JPG

This is the gazebo in the park.

clyde%2520088.JPG

clyde%2520092.JPG

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
And here are some pictures of the inside of the house.

clyde%2520023.JPG

clyde%2520027.JPG

clyde%2520029.JPG

clyde%2520035.JPG

clyde%2520036.JPG

clyde%2520048.JPG

clyde%2520049.JPG

clyde%2520050.JPG

Last edited:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice ambiance! A little TLC and that will be one sweet place.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very NICE!!!!!!! When the time comes I bet you have no trouble at all selling that.

round here we'd call that a creek not a river. :poke: :D

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You need to get trimming some trees. Garage roof is about gone from lack of sun. Neat location and grounds. Should turn into a good deal if the structure is sound.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Fix up ... rent out .... sell ........... my butt. That looks like the ideal summer get-away place for me and mama.

It looks to be in pretty good shape. Congrats on the purchase.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Squerly,

Supose it all goes as well as you hope....

What kinda return are you hoping for as a percentage of your purchase price, and for how long to you intend to keep it for sale??

Just curious I guess...Nice place by the way!

Regards, Kirk

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
A little bleach and water in a hudson sprayer will kill that moss on the roof ! Very nice !

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Squerly,

Supose it all goes as well as you hope....

What kinda return are you hoping for as a percentage of your purchase price, and for how long to you intend to keep it for sale??
Regards, Kirk
Return is really strong Kirk. The man who owns the place is dieing and his estate is being sold quickly. All the homes in the area have sold for $275K and up. (And they don't have a private bridge going to a private park!) I got this one for the almost unbelievable price of $75K. That's a 2,000 sq ft house, 1.6 acres of land on the river (creek) private bridge to the park, ownership of the park, seperate garage, and a slew of things that I'm sure I forgot to mention. (And a piano...)

:smile:

I expect to put $50K into it and sell for $300K. Will rent for $900.00 weekly when summer comes along.

All in all, a good day's work.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Return is really strong Kirk. The man who owns the place is dieing and his estate is being sold quickly. All the homes in the area have sold for $275K and up. (And they don't have a private bridge going to a private park!) I got this one for the almost unbelievable price of $75K. That's a 2,000 sq ft house, 1.6 acres of land on the river (creek) private bridge to the park, ownership of the park, seperate garage, and a slew of things that I'm sure I forgot to mention. (And a piano...)

:smile:

I expect to put $50K into it and sell for $300K. Will rent for $900.00 weekly when summer comes along.

All in all, a good day's work.

WOW. That is insanely unfair.
The rich guys get all the easy breaks right?:yum:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Tore out a bunch of the old landscaping and started the lower decks. There will be a large deck that goes across the front of the house and wraps a round the side. Then there will be an upper deck, the same size as the lower deck, with access from the upper rooms of the house.

When possible I try to incorporate any available trees into my decks, it just looks cool! Anyhow, here are the pictures.

Attachments

• tn_Weaver 002.JPG
    tn_Weaver 002.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 143
  • tn_Weaver 003.JPG
    tn_Weaver 003.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 142
  • tn_Weaver 005.JPG
    tn_Weaver 005.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 140
  • tn_Weaver 007.JPG
    tn_Weaver 007.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 142
  • tn_Weaver 009.JPG
    tn_Weaver 009.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 142
  • tn_Weaver 012.JPG
    tn_Weaver 012.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 135
  • tn_Weaver 017.JPG
    tn_Weaver 017.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 140

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My luck would be a heavy rain would take out the bridge... It isn't very high above the water in the pictures. Around here it would not be high enough over the creek. Is the park on the other side accessable by the public on the other side? If so, do you really have a private park? In my state if some one has been using it for I think 7 years, they have an automatic easement to your land...

Very cool property. To bad for the money it couldn't be moved out this way...

Regards, Kirk

Kane

Pretty neat, squerly. A qwirky (in a good way) house on a funky (in a good way) lot. And you're taking this on while building your big house on the mountain? Busy man. You must have one leg growing longer, going up and down the hills all day.

You have my salute! ... (and my envy).