• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

work on my sv250

Smiler

I have been working on the interior and the engine… I have been replacing most items that I believe may go out:
Starter
Alternator
Regulator
Water pump
Belts
Radiator hoses
Heater hoses
Transmission cooling hoses
Transmission filter
Fuel lines
Fuel filter
Switched to eclectic fuel pump
All electrical switches

I have also been working on the cosmetics:
New seats
New insulation
Carpet as a headliner
Rubber floor mats
New dome light
Interior paint

I still need to finish a few items on the interior, but thought I would post some pictures of the progress.

Attachments

• 000_2158[1].jpg
    000_2158[1].jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 677
  • 000_2159[1].jpg
    000_2159[1].jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 672
  • 000_2160[1].jpg
    000_2160[1].jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 661

J5 Bombardier

Very nice, what did you use on the walls and ceiling [carpet, what kind] ? Looks great, keep the pics coming !
J5 Bombardier

snowbird

So that's where the hydraulic controls go on a factory installation! My SV200 didn't have hydraulics and I only added a dual control for the trail groomer (to adjust the front and back of it) and I put my controls up on the "console" behind the hinged lid. Nice work.:clap: I should add carpet and insulation such as you have.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the pictures ! It looks really nice and sounds like you are very thorough.
That looks just like the carpet I used in my SV252. Did you put insulation behind it ? What kind of glue ?

What did you use for the rubber floor mats ? I can't find much that is lighter than a truck bed mat and heavier than cheap, plastic-y stuff.

Smiler

To attach the carpet I used the same high temp spray adhesive I purchased from JC Whitney for the insulation around the engine. I found the mat material at a place called Blue Collar in Sacramento. They mostly sell nuts and bolts by the pound, but also have remnants of all sorts.

I also replace all 3 master cylinders, and I’m now working on new brake lines all the way back. Next on my list are new tires and rebuilding my tracks. I have 41 inch tracks which makes my width over 9 feet, so I plan on getting a one day wide load permit as a test to see how long and difficult they are to obtain. If the permit is too much of a pain I will be forced to do the unthinkable.

Sylvain

Site Supporter
Where did you find the master cylinders ? I will need some for my Bombi, put the driver on left side.

dep6113

I have not torn down mine yet to check the bore size but i saw sowmwhere these will fit www.rockauto.com 1965 dodge w200 truck
Dave

DORMAN Part # M36063
MoreInfo.gif
{First Stop #1829401, 2230495, 2275371, 5461355}
w/Manual or Power Brakes; Bore = 1-1/8"; 4WD
getimage.php

$69.79$0.00$69.79
AddToCart.gif

Sylvain

Site Supporter
Thanks dep, Do you have an idea where I could find small cylinders ( on the diff. ) ?

Thanks again

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just for you guys information, I repaired the clutch master cylinder with a brake cylinder hone and $4 for a piston seal cup. It took all of a half an hour once I got the master cylinder out. This was on a 252 SKi Dozer.:whistling:

Regards, Kirk

Sylvain, you might consider modifying your existing steering levers when you move the drivers seat. I always wanted to do the same on the Bombie I had and it would be very easy to fab up a horizontal turn on the levers to make this work. I would probably build a whole new set once I had a prototype with the old ones. You could always support them with some carrier type bearings too. It would seam to be an easier and cheaper fix.

dep6113

Kirk is right, you can get rebuild kits---they are listed on rock auto also. No info on the slave cylinders except bogie said he has rebuild kits---when he gets back in town i will order some

timandkim

wow nice job on the interior inspires me on doing mine i plan on putting arbor flex 2 inches thick a material we use for industrial insulation on cold lines as well as sound proofing then covering that with carpet bull grip is a really goood adhesive but takes time to set .
tim

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a Heads up if anyone is looking for Door or Window Trim this is a great site with hundreds of options: Steele Rubber Products. They specialize in seals and parts. www.steelerubber.com