• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Land Rover Half Track prototype on eBay.uk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If this was in the USA it would end up in my garage for restoration :hammer:

Damn I want this :smile:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182011430249
It is P6 or prototype 6. It went over to Iraq in early 1980 for trials with the new country’s leader (Sadam H). It was never returned and remained in his private collection.

In 2005 I found it in a scrap yard in Kuwait and with the aid of LRM returned it to the UK. (LRM did a 4 page article on it.)

Since then it has been on loan to a military technical museum that has recently relocated and decided they no longer wanted to display the vehicle.

I’ve now been forced to sell.

The good bits:

· The Chassis is straight and has no corrosion

· The track, road wheel rear suspension and sprockets are in good order

· The rear axle (driving the rear sprockets) is complete and in good working order

· The front end is just a standard Stage 1 so parts are readily available

· The Exhaust pipes although missing where standard Jaguar XJ6 silencers

· I have a copy of all the prototype design paperwork (without blue prints)

· I have a dvd copy of the original advertising video

· I have the original advertising pamphlets

· A photo history of it’s journey back to the UK.

The bad bits

· The radios were stolen but the clansman tuning box is still there

· The wings, dash, bumper, rocker covers, SU Carbs, seats, windows, front suspension springs, hangers and Left Hand Drive axle and steering rods need replacing

· There are a few ventilation holes (bullet) and a rocket propelled grenade hole at the back (all cosmetic)

· The rear floor plate is missing (a sheet of 3mm aluminium tread plate)

· The Fuel tank is missing.

· It could probably do with a lick of paint.

· Moving it will require a slide-back with a winch or a 20ft ISO container (which it fits into quite nicely)

· The condition of the engine is unknown, there is a bullet hole in one of the rocker covers although the engine is known to be very low mileage.

· Probably a lot of other bits and bobs, nothing too much though.

I’m more than happy for this to be taken abroad but the bidder will take full responsibility for the collection, export etc.

A deposit of 10% is required within 12hrs of the completion of the auction. The Vehicle must be removed from its current location in Swindon, Wiltshire, England by the 29th Feb 16 and will be released only when payment is complete.

The vehicle is listed elsewhere so I reserve the right to end the auction however I’m open to negotiations.

Feel free to contact me by email at MDSF359@GMAIL.COM if you wish to view the Centaur.

Attachments

• $_57-1.jpg
    $_57-1.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 143
  • $_57-2.jpg
    $_57-2.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 143
  • $_57-3.jpg
    $_57-3.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 145
  • $_57-4.jpg
    $_57-4.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 145
  • $_57-5.jpg
    $_57-5.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 151
  • $_57-6.jpg
    $_57-6.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 142
  • $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 141

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I would love to have it too. what I would really like to see is what weatherby could do to it