• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

3PH Auger on hills

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is it safe to use a 3PH auger on a hill? If so which way should the tractor face, along the hill sideways or up or down the hill?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:
Is it safe to use a 3PH auger on a hill? If so which way should the tractor face, along the hill sideways or up or down the hill?

Never sideways !!! Always up or down . I just finished putting in a new horse pasture for my nieghbor and none of it was flat .We dug every hole with a 9" auger, 3 feet deep .

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
AFAIK, it is always best for the tractor to be pointed up/down hill no matter what you are doing. The wheel base is greater than the width, and less prone to tipping.

If I were to run a 3PH augher on a hill, I would do it with the nose of the tractor down hill.