• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today is going to be one of those busy ones.
Well, later in the day.
I've got meal train delivery for my cancer recovering friend Roberta + flowers.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Going on a day road trip with my friend, her sister and their mother. It's always fun. The mother, who is 90, talked about a house on the border of Pottawattamie and Mills counties. She told us the history of how people would go there to drink during prohibition. It the cops showed up at one county, they would walk to the other side of the house and continue drinking.....Interesting, huh?

Then we will check out Pacific Junction, Iowa to see how the rebuilding is going since the 2018 Missouri River flood that put it under about 10 foot of water....the government can't control the dams but they want to control our guns. :(

Then a drive through the hills and a state park. Usually the trips are 150 to 250 miles. Always pleasant.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I was at the doctor's office at 8:30 for lab work and our usual BS session. I've known her for a long, long time and we trade insults like old friends. :clap:

I came out of the office and it was dinging down. I almost aborted my shopping mission but decided that I really didn't want to come back in to town later to do it. I got my new battery for the Cadillac from the GM dealer. I crossed the road and got a new Optima yellow top for the truck, I already had one. I'll get round to putting all three of them in when the weather turns a bit nicer. It's almost 11 o'clock and it's still pouring.

I can see a nap in my future.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, my son and I made this work cabin trip. I got the other 2- holes dug ( chipped ). These 2- the dirt was hard pan, you can see in the picture of the bottom of one hole. The white mark is from the shovel like when you scrape concrete. I was able to get them 30" deep and 18" in diameter and gave up. I also started my trench from the cabin to the container for the electrical and gas line to be buried. The bottom pictures are of my sons project converting the old bath house to a mini cabin. He got his stone hearth about 75%. Also he got about 75% of the insulation in that was left over from the cabin. His next trip will be to finish the hearth, install the wood stove, finish the insulation and start the wall board over the insulation, with a goal to have it livable by the time the snow flies.

Attachments

• IMG_0956.jpg
    IMG_0956.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0954.jpg
    IMG_0954.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0957.jpg
    IMG_0957.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0958.jpg
    IMG_0958.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 76

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It stopped raining long enough this afternoon to sucker me outside then it started pouring again. We need the rain but not the severe winds thunder and lightning they're calling for. It's a welcome break from the extreme heat. I haven't done much today. Did take the oldest boy to the city this morning to run a few errands.

We moved the sectional couch and chair back into the livingroom. This morning I tackled the large entertainment unit. It's not bad as it comes in 4 pieces. Even the sectional all comes apart. Looking forward to the new dining room table to get delivered on Thursday.

Shopping for curtains for the big window in the family room. It's 9ft wide and currently has the vertical plastic blinds but they're sunbaked and cracking. Time for new ones.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That's very nice of you!

Thanks Lenny.
She and the family were very happy.
Made my heart feel good.
After that Jules and I went to eat dinner .. so she could pick up her new glasses in Archbold (green) lol
But you already know that.
I didn't know she took that picture of me in the restaurant :hammer: :yum:
(Facebook post)

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
The gym this morning and into Council Bluffs this evening for a county GOP meeting. I've been talking with a lady who is a Veteran and works for President Trump's Veterans For Trump campaign group. She and I are going to have lunch Friday but she is coming to the meetings this evening. I'll introduce her to the people there (about 60) and Friday, she and I will go over strategies. I want to emphasize female Veterans who have been sexually assaulted in the Military and are being overlooked. I want to suggest ways President Trump can encourage them to come forward to get the help and disability benefits they deserve. I also want to talk with her about yard signs that say something like "Veterans For Trump/Pence 2020". We'll see how it goes.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Drove to the city with the flat deck trailer to pick up a load of busted pallets for the fire pit. Went to physio. Phone appointment with the bank. Dump run this afternoon. Gonna be a hot one again. Muggy after rain yesterday and last night.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Nada!
Nothing.
Nowt.
Too hot out there.

"Nowt"! Now that's a word that I haven't heard in a long time.

During a break in the rain late yesterday afternoon I got the battery installed in the Cadillac. It was a lot easier going in that it was coming out. It's up and running. I also put two new yellow tops in the truck. That 21-year old truck is now starting and running like a youngster.

Woke up to more rain today. It's shaping up to be a lazy one.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Refurbishing, replacing, upgrading the film rollers on our #1 line for chicken labels. Also adding a new forming tool which makes the bag.

Setting up a second line for the disposable face masks we are making for the airlines industry. According to our customer, we can ramp up to 10 million a month. Right now we can only do about 1 million. To put that into perspective, the MY PILLOW guy is shooting for 1 million per month.

If we can acquire enough people, plans are to have three lines going. Thanks to President Trump, wages are up and everybody around here seems to have a job. However, some industries are still only partially running. So chances aregood we will be able to recruit what we need.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So dad showed up to do some work on his truck camper he has stored here. He picked up an old ac unit off a scrap camper and wanted to install it on his.

While he was doing that, I looked at the trail going to the back of the property that was becoming overgrown with ferns so I grabbed the stihl brushsaw and got to work clearing brush.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Back to work today on the 12.
Tomorrow morning at 7am I'm going in to get covid tested.
The entire facility is.
National Guard medics, Ohio Department of Health and some from the area hospital will be present to conduct the tests.
They will be in total PPE and will have 2 stations set up for this.
I am looking forward to it.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was paperwork day:smileywac Today I have to go to the veterinarian and pick up some ear medicine for dads little boy. Also need to stop at the grocery store on the way back. Then it will be too hot to do anything else.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up this morning and it had been raining overnight. Everything is soaked again. Loaded the trash on the Gator and took it down to the front gate. My wife took the Labradoodle to the groomer but it seems that I have to pick her up. And that folks pretty much sums up my day. It's nothing to do with Covid-19, I just have a really boring life! ... and I like it like that. :thumbup:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is ONLY 88 degrees with 77% humidity (looking for mid-90's later) so while it is still cool I ventured out with a chain saw to work on a semi-fallen dead tree.

The tree was hanging over a well used path and held up by dead grape vines. Cut the tree and all of a sudden there was a 1/2 of a tree hanging over the path by the grape vines. Started in on the grape vines I could reach and got the rest of the tree down, mostly by pulling. Tree is now cut up into nice pieces, perfect for the fire pit.

Another dead tree is also connected to the same vines, cut the trunk of that one and the tension on the grape vines actually pulled that tree trunk up and it was then swinging over the path!

Mercifully I ran out of gas in the chain saw and the gas can was up in the garage. Honestly I doubt I was out there for more than 30 minutes and my shirt was completely soaked through. Safe bet is that I will be recovering for then next hour or two.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Back to work today on the 12.
Tomorrow morning at 7am I'm going in to get covid tested.
The entire facility is.
National Guard medics, Ohio Department of Health and some from the area hospital will be present to conduct the tests.
They will be in total PPE and will have 2 stations set up for this.
I am looking forward to it.

That seems promiscuous to me. Are there a lot of positive tests in the area? I'm wondering what their reasoning is.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That seems promiscuous to me. Are there a lot of positive tests in the area? I'm wondering what their reasoning is.

So far yes, there have been.
Not in the immediate area.
I have fellow nurses/friends in other counties who work in facilities where some have been testing positive, and they have been asymptomatic.
Yesterday many of us were full of question about this.
Guess we'll find out more today.
I'm up and getting ready for it.
This has been such a THING since last March.
I'm very curious to see how this pans out for our area.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you Spc. Valentine US Army National Guard for the kind and gentle testing. :smile:
2 cm up each nostril/ 10 seconds each in a swab swirl.
Eyes watering like a sonofa*****.
Results in 24-48 hours.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Thank you Spc. Valentine US Army National Guard for the kind and gentle testing. :smile:
2 cm up each nostril/ 10 seconds each in a swab swirl.
Eyes watering like a sonofa*****.
Results in 24-48 hours.

I hope everyone tests negative.

Interesting. I have it done prior to my cataract surgeries. She did it in one nostril for about 3 seconds.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope everyone tests negative.

Interesting. I have it done prior to my cataract surgeries. She did it in one nostril for about 3 seconds.

We knew ahead of time that it was going to be in both nostrils.
I hope we do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.