• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bannedjoe

I finished the basic construction of the south porch.
There's some structural/visual details still left to do, but the roof sheathing is on.
My original plan was for tin, but I had to change races in the middle of the horse do to a screw up, or design mistake, if you will.

But, mistakes are only opportunities for solutions, right?

We decided to go with the same method we used for the addition roof, which is plywood sheathing, polyester tape over the seams, then a good coat of rather expensive 100% silicone elastomeric.

The error had to do with not being in full communication with the stucco guy, and the fact that he was so fast, he had things done before we could discuss some on the finer details.

Long and short of it, the tin wouldn't meet up straight with the wall above the ledger due to the randomness of the thickness of the stucco.

I have almost two weeks into this project, almost all by myself, except for one day of the wife helping dig the post holes.

Next up will be the porch on the west side, which most likely will be built the same way.

Attachments

• IMG_2438.JPG
    IMG_2438.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2439.JPG
    IMG_2439.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2440.JPG
    IMG_2440.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 60

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks great!

Apparently this week we are packing up the dining room and livingroom and moving the furniture over to the family room.

We had planned on getting the hardwood floors refinished starting in April but covid put a damper on that. So next week they will be stripping sanding and refinishing them. In order to do that, we need to get everything out.

Next week, we plan on staying at camp for the week while they do th floors.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Got out there early and unloaded the Tucker snow cat from the hauler, took some pictures and put it up for sale in the snowcat section, now its too hot to do anything else.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
At he Doctor's this morning. Annual physical.

A big list of blood tests. I didn't study but,,,; I aced them.

Only issue is I weighed in at 195 LBS at 6'2" so according to his BMI calculator, I am overweight!!!

BY ONE FRICK'IN POUND!

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
At he Doctor's this morning. Annual physical.

A big list of blood tests. I didn't study but,,,; I aced them.

Only issue is I weighed in at 195 LBS at 6'2" so according to his BMI calculator, I am overweight!!!

BY ONE FRICK'IN POUND!

You can't go with that calculator shit, I'm 5'-9" 205# by that calculator I would be obese, Waist is 34" without a dickie doo

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
You can't go with that calculator shit, I'm 5'-9" 205# by that calculator I would be obese, Waist is 34" without a dickie doo

I'm down from 210 Lbs last year and from 38" waist to 34"
I had to buy all new pants.

I have lost 30 Lbs in the last two years.

Some BMI calculators come in with better numbers, so maybe the BMI sh!t is just BS.

I was married 51 years ago at 6' 2" 145 Lbs where the chart says I should be. I remember the camera man at our wedding told me to turn because I was so thin he could not see me in profile. Truth be told I was a puny guy with very little muscle. As firefighter, I bulked out from the body building routines to 185 Lbs. No Arnold Schwartz Inger, but fairly buff.

Still am but with a little bit of a pouch. It'll be gone next by year's physical but I'm betting I'll be at 185, no less.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm down from 210 Lbs last year and from 38" waist to 34"
I had to buy all new pants.

I have lost 30 Lbs in the last two years.

Some BMI calculators come in with better numbers, so maybe the BMI sh!t is just BS.

I was married 51 years ago at 6' 2" 145 Lbs where the chart says I should be. I remember the camera man at our wedding told me to turn because I was so thin he could not see me in profile. Truth be told I was a puny guy with very little muscle. As firefighter, I bulked out from the body building routines to 185 Lbs. No Arnold Schwartz Inger, but fairly buff.

Still am but with a little bit of a pouch. It'll be gone next by year's physical but I'm betting I'll be at 185, no less.

6'-2" - 185# 34" waist at our age is something to be proud of, those numbers are better that 75% of the snowflakes running around out there.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
6'-2" - 185# 34" waist at our age is something to be proud of, those numbers are better that 75% of the snowflakes running around out there.
Thanks.

I will get there, to 185.

I do not have the stamina or limberness of when I was in my thirties but, I'm as fit as ever otherwise.

If only I could remember my name.....:unsure:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
After a somewhat hellish weekend, I got through my short day at 2pm this afternoon.
Lunch time meds down, all the required charting and report given.
Bye! Lol
Got home, changed, relaxed a little and waited for the kids to come.
We had an early dinner.
Kasey loves the Ninja restaurant, so Nana said let's go!
She's leaving Wednesday to stay with her Grandpa Bob in Akron for a week.
This girl has been through so much crap.
She knows I adore her.
So me, Superman and she had dinner and talked about everything under the sun.
They left not long ago.
I look like hell in the photo, but I don't care.
Like Marty said, getting old ain't for pussies lol

20200622_154952.jpg

20200622_162000.jpg

20200622_182804.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went back to physio for the first time since March. I can lift my arms again. Yay.

Went to look at a used dining room set but decided to pass.

Packing up all the small stuff in the living room and dining room. Moving the furniture out on Thursday and Friday. It'll be nice to get the floors refinished. The living room and hall aren't in bad shape overall but a few spots have wood slivers that snag on your socks so those pieces will be replaced before they refinish it.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the truck yard and picked up my solar panels to be mounted on the container, then to the Cabin.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Took the day off from honey do projects at home and went to work for a change.
Boring

My Doctor called about my test results. Glucose is elevated from my norms. From 95 to 113. It's well within normal range but he wants me to take another test.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Jim.
I did have a very restful night's sleep.
It's cooler this morning.
Got up at 4:45am and have been toodling around the apartment.
Bring it on!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Finally got the a/c fixed and now that whole side of the house, where the bedrooms are, is wonderfully cool. My wife said that she the best nights sleep that she's had in a week. The warmer temperatures didn't bother me much but I must admit that I slept better last night. Coincidence?

Yesterday it rained all day. I did fix the sprinkler between showers. How idiotic is that? I went down to the barn to finish maintenance on the mower. All I had left to do was grease everything. I found that one of the grease guns in the bucket had leaked and there was red grease everywhere, covering everything. I gave up and went back to the house. I guess that I'm going to have to clean up that mess today. It's too wet to do anything else and more rain is forecast.

With the spike in COVID-19, Gov Abbott is recommending people stay home so I'll be making my last run to Cowburners for Wings Wednesday for a while by the look of it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I went to the city to pick up a few things for camp.

Gassed up the truck. Fuel prices are climbing again. 1.29 a liter.

I stopped by a gun shop. A nice Remington 870 sportsman field 20 gauge followed me home. In and out in 15 minutes. Of course I had to pick up a brick of shells, a new case, and a shell sleeve that slides over the stock to hold 5 rounds.

The in laws should be here soon.

I plan on washing the truck later.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Went down to the shop early and cut 2- 7' pieces of 4"X4"X1/4" square tube for posts to support the container above ground, at 12.4 pounds per foot it wasn't that much fun wrestling a 25' tube off the ground into the band saw, thats 310# I'm too old for that shit but there was too much to move to get the fork lift in there. The posts will go 3' in the dirt leaving 4' out to set the container on and weld. The plan is this trip, dig and concrete in 2- rear posts and finish my electrical termination at the panel. Also I bought a pressure tank for the water system. I will put that in line when I get there to minimize the pressure pump cycles. Next trip I plan to bring the container, weld the 2 rear posts to the container then chain it to a tree so not bend the posts when I drive the truck out to the end, jack it up a little and support with dunnage. When the truck is out of the way I can put the front posts in and weld it on when the cement cures. I want it up the 4' due to the snow in the winter. Its suppose to be 104 here in the valley for the next 3 days. Up there it will still be around 90 in the afternoon, but there is always a breeze.

Bannedjoe

I think I've got about two weeks into this project.
Imma put a feather in this bitch, and call it macaroni.

Obviously, before and after.

Attachments

• IMG_2418.JPG
    IMG_2418.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2448.JPG
    IMG_2448.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 69

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Man, that's looking GOOD.

What he said!:applause:

It's been a beautiful day here I the neighborhood. I tore out the last 48 feet of old fencing and started to burn it. About two days fuel for the 6' fire pit.
I reinforced the old post on the sill plate with metal strapping and screws. Got them plum and stable for the 8' X 5'4" cedar fence panels. I'll bring the last five of them home from work tomorrow. Have to go in to the plant because we seem to have landed a nice job. Packaging a disposable face mask and two sanitizer pouches into a package for the airline industry. It has to be hermetically sealed and the current producer cannot get the air out of the pouch. I patented a system years ago that does it inline with no moving parts or operator interference. It's been our "secret sauce" for over 28 years now.

The patent is out but,,,; No one has been able to duplicate it.

We just rebuilt a packaging line and it will be dedicated to this product. So, four of our eight lines are sold out for the year. Thanks Donald J Trump!!!:clap:

Contract goes until December and puts five new employees on the floor. They are gonna be hard to find as everyone is now back to work in Missouri.

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
After yesterday, it's very nice knowing I'll now have 6 days off.
:thumbup:
Around 9p last night I said to a coworker, girl I can't take much more of this shit.
We just hugged not having to discuss it further.

Bannedjoe

Man, that's looking GOOD.
Thank you.

What he said!:applause:

It's been a beautiful day here I the neighborhood. I tore out the last 48 feet of old fencing and started to burn it. About two days fuel for the 6' fire pit.
I reinforced the old post on the sill plate with metal strapping and screws. Got them plum and stable for the 8' X 5'4" cedar fence panels. I'll bring the last five of them home from work tomorrow. Have to go in to the plant because we seem to have landed a nice job. Packaging a disposable face mask and two sanitizer pouches into a package for the airline industry. It has to be hermetically sealed and the current producer cannot get the air out of the pouch. I patented a system years ago that does it inline with no moving parts or operator interference. It's been our "secret sauce" for over 28 years now.

The patent is out but,,,; No one has been able to duplicate it.

We just rebuilt a packaging line and it will be dedicated to this product. So, four of our eight lines are sold out for the year. Thanks Donald J Trump!!!:clap:

Contract goes until December and puts five new employees on the floor. They are gonna be hard to find as everyone is now back to work in Missouri.

Thank you as well.
Sounds like you have a case of the good news, bad news.

After yesterday, it's very nice knowing I'll now have 6 days off.
:thumbup:
Around 9p last night I said to a coworker, girl I can't take much more of this shit.
We just hugged not having to discuss it further.
6 days???
Whatever shall you do with yourself?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Up and at em at dawn's crack. I'm wide awake at 6am every day. Lay in bed for another hour then get up to let the dogs out.

Heading to the city to pick up a cooler stand for the fire pit area. We'll be moving furniture later today. The worst is disassembling the sectional to move to the other room.

Next week will be a mess. The family will be staying at camp while I drive back and forth as the oldest boy has to work. So we'll be staying home during the floor resurfacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.