• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The best store bought Chicken you ever ate ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
So which do you like best ? I always thought Kentucky fried was pretty good until I tried Chester chicken . I like it better . I love the Gizzards !!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Church's Chicken. And I love chicken livers, gizzards are too chewy.

OH GOD !!!! Livers are gross !!!!!:w00t2::w00t2:I just can't seem to acquire a taste for them . My father use to love them when he was alive .

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I prefer Popeye's chicken over KFC. I get the hot cajun blend.
Most of our KFC's quit selling gizzards and livers. There is one in town that still does, but I haven't found out which one it is.

mak2

Yea, they are gross, send them to me. A little mashed potatoes and gravy and chikcen livers. Yum yum.

Oh yea, and a simvistatin for dessert.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My real favorite is the local grocery, Krogers. We seem to be able to get it fresh out of the pressure cooker most of the time.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
My real favorite is the local grocery, Krogers. We seem to be able to get it fresh out of the pressure cooker most of the time.
Ditto on the local grocery , We have one that the local farmer has owned & run for 50 years or so , He buys the best quality stuff you can & will not let anyone carry out their own grocerys , thats perty hard to find these days IMO .

Plus they also offer delivery to the rural areas for a very fair price . It may cost a little more but personall service is something that is few & far between these days . They also have a bakery, Deli with homestyle made foods & one heck of a meat section that include their own smoked meats . :biggrin:

BamsBBQ

depends on what part of the country i am in..

in Flint Michigan its Popeyes

in Dallas Texas it's a place called Pope's Fried Chicken - love their corn fritters...a run down place in a not so good part of town but well worth it.

also like Churches all over.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't had KFC in a few years now. A buddy of mine has a small corner store in town. He makes fresh chicken & wedgies daily. There's no comparison to KFC. KFC brought a butter knife to the fight. My buddy brought a machine gun. No comparison. His chicken is one of the best I've had. A local grocery store also does bbq'd rotisery chicken fresh every day. It's good stuff.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
KFC is crap. My favorite chicken is from an Italian deli at their take-out counter. Location will be kept secret, because it takes too long to get service as it is. I also like Church's, but they shut down the one at E55th St because it kept getting robbed. If Big Al eats at KFC, he'll never have to take a stool softener. In 20 minutes he will be cleared out like "greased lightning," with no need to wipe...super slick-um. I stopped eating at that swill parlor over 10 years ago because of that mysterious reaction on my intestines. Did you ever see how many pimply faced teenage boys work in there, and they always seem to be picking at their faces. It's not a sanitation problem, though, because they're wearing those super sized food service poly gloves...the same ones they wear to the rest room so they don't get anything on their hands.:brows::brows::brows:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
My late father had an addiction to bacon wrapped chicken livers. The thought still makes me shudder... Blech.

Mak-- You can have my share too.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Boston Market Rotisserie Chicken is very tasty. For fried chicken the best by far is made right at home. My wife uses her Grandma's recipe and it is simply awesome.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I was never a big fan of chicken until the other week when my wife brought home some chicken from Safeway, I had skipped lunch and was starving - best damn food I had ever had. Kind of like the lemonade the farmer's wife used to give us after haying when I was a teen - best lemonade ever. Or the ice cold beer I used to get in Mexico where you could push a piece of ice into the neck of the bottle and watch the beer freeze.

I think perhaps it's circumstances surrounding the food that defines it's greatness.

;)

loboloco

The local Pricewise here does a roasted chicken I love. Fried chicken, never met a commercial fried I could enjoy. Rotisserie, a small market in Fuerth Germany made them and they were beyond fantastic. Here, none.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There used to be a Hong Kong restaurant in Columbus that made the best ever Schezwan Chicken, this gets my vote for best ever store bought chicken. ummmm was it ever good, and they gave a huge portion. They've been closed 10 years or more but they were great. I moved away and when I came back they were closed so I don't know what happened to cause them to close. They were always busy and had great food.

mak2

There used to be a Hong Kong restaurant in Columbus that made the best ever Schezwan Chicken, this gets my vote for best ever store bought chicken. ummmm was it ever good, and they gave a huge portion. They've been closed 10 years or more but they were great. I moved away and when I came back they were closed so I don't know what happened to cause them to close. They were always busy and had great food.

You sure that was chicken?:unsure: