• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
This is what happens when my business slows down just before Christmas...

P1020316.jpg

P1020315.jpg

P1020319.jpg

P1020320.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice sourdough loaves there Joe, and the Kolachkys.. oh my!!!!!!
Ya meatloaf and red skins ain't bad either.. :D

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I cut the bread about 9 p.m. and have eaten three pieces with butter already. God, I love this bread. It is so filled with flavor, and the crumb is amazingly soft. Just a bit of butter and a glass of Vernors, and I'm in heaven. Urp!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It was what was for lunch today, then the leftovers went to work with me.

Vegetarian Egg Rolls

1 pkg egg roll wraps
1 c sliced mushrooms
1 green onion
peanut oil
1 t chopped garlic
1 sm pkg coleslaw mix
1/3 c chopped peanuts
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t sugar
2 T soy sauce
---
Chop mushrooms into small pieces and set aside.
Rinse and chop green onion and set aside.
In large pot, heat 2 T of the peanut oil on high heat and add garlic, stir frying til slightly browned.
Add slaw mix and mushrooms, frying until slaw is softened.
Add green onion, peanuts, pepper, sugar and soy sauce and stir fry for a minute longer.
Remove from heat.

Lay wrappers out, fill with 4 T filling, roll gently and seal with wet fingers.

Heat peanut oil in a large pot or pan, to 350 degrees.
Submerge egg rolls and fry for 3 minutes.
Remove with slotted spoon and drain.
Serve with sauce of your choice, I used a sesame ginger sauce.
----

Shrimp Lo Mein

1/3 c vegetable broth
1/4 c soy sauce
1 1/2 T cornstarch
1/4 t ground ginger
6 oz spaghetti
1 t sesame oil
1 T vegetable oil
1 small pkg small shrimp
1 clove garlic-chopped
handful of snap peas
1/2 c julliened and chopped carrots

Whisk together broth, soy sauce, cornstarch and ginger in a small bowl.

Cook pasta and toss with sesame oil

Heat fry pan or wok on high heat. Add 1 T vegetable oil. Add shrimp and stir fry til pink.
Remove with slotted spoon.
Add remaining oil to pan, then add garlic, peas and carrots.
Cook for 1 minute.
Add shrimp and pasta to pan, and cook til heated through for a minute longer.

Makes 3 servings

attachment.php

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Chicken goujons (leftover chicken breast pieces) dipped in ranch dressing, then coated in Ritz cracker crumbs (baked in the oven).. cheesy bacon taters, and peas, if you please...:D
That dip is a mayo/bbq sauce concoction..
2009-12-19 16-29-40.633.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I was going to do the Reuben meatloaf today, but I got sidetracked with shopping, so I stopped at a little joint called The Hickory Pit and got some ribs and cold veg salad to go.. however, I could only eat half of what is plated, as I scoffed down 3 of Jev's sticky buns that arrived in the mail earlier this afternoon.
They are FABULOUS!

2009-12-21 18-33-08.593.jpg

2009-12-21 22-30-45.870.jpg

Just refer to me as fat ass come New Years.:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, it was going to be Betty Crocker's recipe for skillet lasagna, but I am working on oven fried chicken and a creamy macaroni salad, that is, if I can stay off the damn forum long enough to get it done... that AND my laundry... tsk tsk..

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't feel like eating anything tonight. Think I got me a flu on the horizon. Maybe a Hot Brandy Coke n Honey is on the agenda. Got me all the ingredients ready to go. I will be in the sack by 9:00. No I don't even think I am going to watch the Bears manhandle the Vikings tonight.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope you don't have anything like that coming on Steve.

I nixed the lasagna in favour of something less spicy since my stomach was rolling just a few days ago.

Hopefully with the chick not being deep fried, it'll be kind to my tummy..

Wanna pickle? lol

2009-12-28 18-04-33.128.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Breakfast!

Over easy eggs on buttered 12 grain toast, center cut bacon and bakey beanies...

Beans???? For breakfast ??? That just seems wrong .

Are you a Commumist or something ? Thats against every American belief !

Last edited by a moderator:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Beans???? For breakfast ??? That just seems wrong .

Are you a Commumist or something ? Thats against every American belief !

The best breakfast out there is beans, hash browns or fried tators and sausage. And you mix them all together like your out on a camp fire or trail ride.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yea and the gas you will produce will make everybody around you wish to God you were out on the Trail and a long ways from them !!!!:fart2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I have just knocked up a comfort dish for my wife....

In a bowel it has....

Salad ,lettuce,cucumber, tomato, spring onion ,beetroot....crispy fried bacon roughly chopped and freshly cooked prawns dressed in mayo and seafood dressing.....all tossed together in one bowel and she loves it.

The simple things are the best.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Italian Wedding Soup...

WeddingSoup.jpg

and some no-knead sourdough bread.

P1020185.jpg

Just basic comfort food.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The best breakfast out there is beans, hash browns or fried tators and sausage. And you mix them all together like your out on a camp fire or trail ride.

murph, you and I must have been raised in the same house :clap:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Turkey. Mother in Law got me one of them turkey deep fryers for Christmas so I am going to try my luck. They recommend Peanut oil which is dang expensive. It is $17.00 per gallon and I figure I will need about 4 gallons. You can re-use the oil but can only keep it for about 60 days. Vegetable oil much cheaper I found on the internet you can use that also but you may want to keep the temperature down some with it.

Will post pics as I go.

murph

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ground Chicken lettuce wraps . I love these things !!!!!:w00t2:Super low fat and great tasting !!!

Attachments

• f33f9158976087a2.jpg
    f33f9158976087a2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 81

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I made vegetable and cheese stuffed lettuce wraps a while ago Al.
They are very good.
What all did you have in yours besides the chickie?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I made vegetable and cheese stuffed lettuce wraps a while ago Al.
They are very good.
What all did you have in yours besides the chickie?
I like mine simple . The spicy chicken is all we used . I love the crunchy texture of the lettuce with the sweetness of the spiced Chicken . It just makes the meal come together very nice . A good glass of wine would even make it better ,but that ain't on my list of approved drinks to have .

Who says you have to eat crap with low calorie foods !!!:clap:I ate less than 200 calories in that whole meal !!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I like mine simple . The spicy chicken is all we used . I love the crunchy texture of the lettuce with the sweetness of the spiced Chicken . It just makes the meal come together very nice . A good glass of wine would even make it better ,but that ain't on my list of approved drinks to have .

Who says you have to eat crap with low calorie foods !!!:clap:I ate less than 200 calories in that whole meal !!!
:flowers:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Changing the subject PG , but your new Avatar is a dead wringer for my ex wife . Thats scarey !!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I cram mine with swiss cheese sticks, celery, carrot and onion, then wrap them up like burritos and drizzle with honey mustard vinaigrette.
They are low fat too, sloppy and fun to eat lol

2009-12-14 16-59-41.587.jpg