• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Finishing up the kitchen this week

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
All that's left is to eliminate the countertop shims and have the all glass back-splash made. It will be a light grey behind 1/4" thick glass. The back-splash has been template'd and is being water-jetted out now, then being sent for tempering, then painting with Glass Coat two part epoxy, and then glued up.

Attachments

• 100_3345.jpg
    100_3345.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_3346.jpg
    100_3346.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_3347.jpg
    100_3347.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 103

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
:wow:Thats one mighty fine looking kitchen there waybomb. Lightings amazing as well . Thanks for sharing the pics . :clap:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's a few, now that it is dusk, with the LEDs in various colors and brightness.

Attachments

• 100_3348.jpg
    100_3348.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_3350.jpg
    100_3350.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_3351.jpg
    100_3351.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_3352.jpg
    100_3352.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_3353.jpg
    100_3353.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 98

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ooh Fred, looks awesome with the lights on!
God, I wouldn't want to cook in there, I'd just stand back and look at it lol

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Waybomb: I love the way the snackbar top is suspended above the countertops..Is that granite or solid surface.(tops)..also like the wine cooler and compactor tucked under the stairway..Do you have a link or info on your under cabinet lighting...Looks Great...Byron..:wow:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Waybomb: I love the way the snackbar top is suspended above the countertops..Is that granite or solid surface.(tops)..also like the wine cooler and compactor tucked under the stairway..Do you have a link or info on your under cabinet lighting...Looks Great...Byron..:wow:
The granite is Blue Choral. It is black with silver and blue chips in it. The compactor is not a compactor; it is a 50 pound a day ice maker.

I was going to buy the LED's in the states, but then I found ebay user "Tubelight" in China, same items, 1/3rd the price, received within 7 business days of ordering them.

His name is Ling, email is chinaszmaster@gmail.com
They are sold by the meter. I bought the IR remote control units - 44 colors plus white, dimmable, and programmable to flash and do all sorts of goofy things. He laso sellls a module that will make the LEDs oscillate to music.

Below is a better pic of the granite, installed at the liquor bar

I was going to have my kid make the brackets that hold up the bar, but then I found them at Ikea, of all places, for something like $16 a pair. Couldn't even buy the material for that.

Attachments

• 100_3344 (Medium).jpg
    100_3344 (Medium).jpg
    84 KB · Views: 94

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for that info...on the lighting...Now i see the flakes and flex..in the granite ..Thanks.. Still :wow:..B,

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Double :wow::wow:I never seen any lighting before like that , I can beleive how it changes the mood in the room . Hell, I cant even beleive I just typed that :yum: .

Absolutelly fantastic . Thanks for adding those pics :applause:

norscaner

Sweet Kitchen .

Is that a Groeh faucet and if so what is your opinion on it....I just purchased one from faucet direct and was waiting until after the holidays to install it

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Fred, Do your macaws drive you nuts when you cook? Mine are so spoiled they holler as soon as the toaster pops up in the morning. The lights are pretty cool. My wife would like something like that . She just made me an apple pie and the birds got their own birdie corn bread with peas and veggies in it. I like the open areas to the other rooms. We have a corner like that with a big baking area that lets you look into the living area.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
All that's left is to eliminate the countertop shims and have the all glass back-splash made. It will be a light grey behind 1/4" thick glass. The back-splash has been template'd and is being water-jetted out now, then being sent for tempering, then painting with Glass Coat two part epoxy, and then glued up.

I know you won't respond to me but you will see this since I quoted you. Nice job on the kitchen regardless.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Sweet Kitchen .

Is that a Groeh faucet and if so what is your opinion on it....I just purchased one from faucet direct and was waiting until after the holidays to install it

It is an American Standard. Retail about 400; bought on ebay for less than $100 new, from a Plumbing Supply house. I'm guessing was a sales sample?

Guaranteed for life. Before I installed it, I had it laying on the floor. My kid accidentally stepped on the head and snapped it off. So I went to buy one, and found I could not - not available as a spare part. So i wrote to American Standard, explained what happened, and they told me I could not buy it, but they would send me one. I insisted I pay since I broke it. Nope, no way - it is guaranteed for life. Anything goes wrong, they replace it.

Wow!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Fred, Do your macaws drive you nuts when you cook? Mine are so spoiled they holler as soon as the toaster pops up in the morning. The lights are pretty cool. My wife would like something like that . She just made me an apple pie and the birds got their own birdie corn bread with peas and veggies in it. I like the open areas to the other rooms. We have a corner like that with a big baking area that lets you look into the living area.

You should hear them in the morning while making breakfast - they want to eat, now! When the phone rings, Poncho yells "hello", When the doorbell rings. Poncho yells "Close the door" and sometimes adds "asshole". Now, that bird knew that BEFORE we got him. Made us laugh the first time he said that. The birds eat anything we do.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
It is an American Standard. Retail about 400; bought on ebay for less than $100 new, from a Plumbing Supply house. I'm guessing was a sales sample?

Guaranteed for life. Before I installed it, I had it laying on the floor. My kid accidentally stepped on the head and snapped it off. So I went to buy one, and found I could not - not available as a spare part. So i wrote to American Standard, explained what happened, and they told me I could not buy it, but they would send me one. I insisted I pay since I broke it. Nope, no way - it is guaranteed for life. Anything goes wrong, they replace it.

Wow!
Wow is right , dont here of that happening much these days , Good for them . :smile:

BTW I made the mistake of showing the pics to my wife , She loved it & said to tell you great job & ask you where you got the lights, countertop , cabinits , appliances . :sad: Well You get the Idea , Thanks alot :yum:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I did the whole thing for less than 12k including the KitchenAid appliances and the JennAir stove and micro.

Whirlpool's HQ is in Benton harbor across the river, and they have an outlet store.

The counter top was done by a guy my kid works with - water-jetted the top out. He's also doing my glass back-splash. He made a template (you can see the vertical line at the stove, which is where the two halves will meet). He's getting the untempered plate galss (1/4" thick) and water-jetting the shape and electricals out, then sending out for tempering, bring back to the shop, and coating the back side with GlassCote epoxy paint.

I did all the rest of the work myself, and I bought items a little at a time, to maximize my dollars - I love ebay!

The one item I splurged on, which is not very well represented is the T-Track Element lighting. That track light, with the fixtures and pendants cost me over $1,200.00. But lighting is what makes a kitchen, so it was worth it. The LEDs were bought from an ebay seller in China and cost me 106 for the hardware and 18 for EMS shipping.

The base cabinets and lower cabinets are the ones that were in the condo when we bought it. I found the top cabinets at Menards (Schrock) that are pretty darn close to original base and wall cabinets. The garage door cabinet above the micro is actually a wall cabinet that I turned sideways and installed some European garage door hinges (bought at Ikea). I hand made the soffit etc.

So, what are you waiting for - start buying stuff!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I did the whole thing for less than 12k including the KitchenAid appliances and the JennAir stove and micro.

Whirlpool's HQ is in Benton harbor across the river, and they have an outlet store.

The counter top was done by a guy my kid works with - water-jetted the top out. He's also doing my glass back-splash. He made a template (you can see the vertical line at the stove, which is where the two halves will meet). He's getting the untempered plate galss (1/4" thick) and water-jetting the shape and electricals out, then sending out for tempering, bring back to the shop, and coating the back side with GlassCote epoxy paint.

I did all the rest of the work myself, and I bought items a little at a time, to maximize my dollars - I love ebay!

The one item I splurged on, which is not very well represented is the T-Track Element lighting. That track light, with the fixtures and pendants cost me over $1,200.00. But lighting is what makes a kitchen, so it was worth it. The LEDs were bought from an ebay seller in China and cost me 106 for the hardware and 18 for EMS shipping.

The base cabinets and lower cabinets are the ones that were in the condo when we bought it. I found the top cabinets at Menards (Schrock) that are pretty darn close to original base and wall cabinets. The garage door cabinet above the micro is actually a wall cabinet that I turned sideways and installed some European garage door hinges (bought at Ikea). I hand made the soffit etc.

So, what are you waiting for - start buying stuff!

Damn , I'm with You on doing everything yourself , I'm really surprised at what you spent though , much much cheaper then I expected and sure not out of line for what you made of it . Thanks for the info, I may not be waiting as long as I had planned :wink: