• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Years Eve Eats

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Are you going to be eating anything special this evening?
Well, I had intended to make a Cuban shrimp dish for an ethnic thing we have going on NCT.
That can wait until next week.
I'll be making sloppy joes....Mmmmmm!
Haven't had them in a long time and it sounds good, thanks to Joec :flowers:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We are having tilapia and whatever else she wants to make. Need a change from red meat. Might make an ice cream sundae for desert.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We'll PROLLY have some hot wings and loaded potato salad. You know, stuff that's good for you. Then sit back and nod off before the New Year arrives.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We're taking Spinach Dip w/ Hawaiian sweet bread to the party at my bro's. Everyone brings a different dish so we'll have lots to munch on. Should be fun. Jerry, you and Phyl should drive on over, I'll guarantee you'll be awake long after midnight. LOL. Seriously, you could drive over and still get there at the start of the party. 7:30 is the 'official' start time which allows everyone to arrive fashionably late at 8. :D You have my number.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
:brows:

2010-12-31 17-49-26.419.jpg

2010-12-31 17-47-45.684.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks great PG. We decided to go with haddock filets and they are baking in the oven right now. Baked sweet potatoes and corn with our home made apple sauce for desert.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks great PG . :flowers:

I aint decided what were having for sides but were going to have broiled orange roughy fo the main part , cant think of what sounds good to go with it yet . :unsure:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I just put in a Tator-Tot Hot dish. Hamburger, corn from the garden, tator tots and a can of Cream of Chicken Soup. Trying to bake some home made corn bread. Will see how that turns out.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
ummmm looks good PG. :thumb: We got da stuff and will be trying Joe's recipe Sunday, it would have been Saturday but DW says sloppy joes are not part of the 'traditional' New Years day dinner. :pat: I told her it should be. :hide: :yum:

snow dog

ummmm looks good PG. :thumb: We got da stuff and will be trying Joe's recipe Sunday, it would have been Saturday but DW says sloppy joes are not part of the 'traditional' New Years day dinner. :pat: I told her it should be. :hide: :yum:

Dam good football food, add a couple of brews and it's a game:whistling:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, no pictures as everyone was busy eating and fussing over the baby, and I flat out fergot. We had fillet mignon grilled to perfection by the son-in-law, baked potatoes with butter 7 sour cream, corn off the cob and a lovely garden salad made by the wife. dessert was assorted flavors of cheesecake and coffee. Not too sure who's gonna make it to midnight, as the new parents haven't been getting too much sleep (How well I remember the first kid). Grandma & Grandpa are going to take the night shift is need be, so the kids can get some rest.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
had grilled steak (despite the temps in the low teens and moderate breezes), twice baked potatoes, and brussel sprouts in garlic butter.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
:flowers:Corn beef cabage blackeyed peas cornbread and a beer or two and a big cheese cake to push it all down....then after midnight curl up with the lady and.....well.......maby sleep:smile:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Leftover rare elk roast mashed spuds beets and strawberry rubarb with whip cream ,Large gatorade