• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

hot vw magazine has snow trac

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
jeff and I have our snow tracs in hot vw magazine. I haven't seen it yet. so no pictures
jim

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
this is intended as sick humor...

"well there goes the snow trac market......
all you attention whores just can't let a good thing alone.

Why can't you folks be normal and get your attention by sending naked selfies to your significant others.....

Now the parts rigs and engine-less snow cats are going to be monsternized like all the orange branded rigsss...

damn it."

misguided rant over.

very cool, air cooled VW is a culture onto itself. glad to be part of it

luvthemvws

Congratulations!!
I haven't subscribed in YEARS, but I will definitely pick up this issue!
Hopefully, at the blistering speeds of a Snowtrac, the photos won't be a blur!

Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
sshhhhhh!!!!

the uber rare Kristi club with their superior abilities will be likely featured next...

then the last affordable snow cat outlet would be ruined as well......

Log live the air cooled snow cat.....

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
sshhhhhh!!!!

the uber rare Kristi club with their superior abilities will be likely featured next...

then the last affordable snow cat outlet would be ruined as well......

Log live the air cooled snow cat.....

well,they must not have read the January 1997 issue of hot vw's because mine was also in that one. maybe mine was crap and didn't inspire any interest?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
bought the magazine today I even had the hand crank in mine.
DSC00293.jpg

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I had a Belsaw portable sawmill powered with a VW pancake industrial engine !:clap: and my buddy has a vw powered zamboni in his junkyard,that should at least qualify as a snow,ice mobile !!:clap:

luvthemvws

Which VW event were those photos taken at?
If the next one is sometime next year I should have my Kristi in presentable condition. I could be easily persuaded to bring it out to display next to yours and that of Pontoon Princess'.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I was a guest and the details were set up by someone else but I think this is the club that puts on the show.
http://www.cascadekombis.org/homehttp://www.cascadekombis.org/home

jimmy

ah-ha, all signed up,

jimmy, you and your fellow snow track owners are now members of the VW snow cat club, go ahead and sign up under VW snow cat club, lets make it a party, see ya there jimmy and friends

and Cider Tommy, we can caravan up to the show, going to be fun, if you want we can put your machine on the big trailer and drive up together

also, I will bring the tucker bbq trailer, we will eat well...

Attachments

• DSC_0317.jpg
    DSC_0317.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Nah, everyone knows that the aircooled vw runs hot. usually that is the biggest issue.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
it would be great if you got your stockholm syndrome mafia together and lots and lots of vw powered snow cats come out

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it would be great if you got your stockholm syndrome mafia together and lots and lots of vw powered snow cats come out
we have five that are going. me,jeff,earl and seth has two. is that almost great??

Stockholm syndrome mafia ,I had to look that up.

Stockholm syndrome refers to a group of psychological symptoms that occur in some persons in a captive or hostage situation
i'll get ya for that.
jimmy vt

Last edited:

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter

From JimVT's link it looks like perfect Snow Trac conditions: low elevation and no snow. :clap: :thumbup: :clap:

Just kidding, JimVT, et al. I do hope to meet youse guys at a snowcat meet-up. Call it a character flaw, but I just can't resist poking the Snow Trac bear...

I may have mentioned it previously, but when forum member Utah Wilson listed his Snow Master for sale a few years ago, my snowcat buddy Scott and I went to look at it. I needed to think about it for a couple of days and in the interim reached out to Lyndon for guidance/wisdom/advice (Very helpful, by the way). When I called Utah Wilson back to buy it, someone else had made a purchase agreement. So...I came "that close" to being part of the Snow Trac Mafia (though the VW engine would have been history).

(But my Snow Trac mafia membership probably would have been denied because of my allegiance to all things Tucker.)

The Utah Wilson for sale link:
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=74369&highlight=Utah+wilson

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
From JimVT's link it looks like perfect Snow Trac conditions: low elevation and no snow. :clap: :thumbup: :clap:

Just kidding, JimVT, et al. I do hope to meet youse guys at a snowcat meet-up. Call it a character flaw, but I just can't resist poking the Snow Trac bear...

I may have mentioned it previously, but when forum member Utah Wilson listed his Snow Master for sale a few years ago, my snowcat buddy Scott and I went to look at it. I needed to think about it for a couple of days and in the interim reached out to Lyndon for guidance/wisdom/advice (Very helpful, by the way). When I called Utah Wilson back to buy it, someone else had made a purchase agreement. So...I came "that close" to being part of the Snow Trac Mafia (though the VW engine would have been history).

(But my Snow Trac mafia membership probably would have been denied because of my allegiance to all things Tucker.)

The Utah Wilson for sale link:
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=74369&highlight=Utah+wilson

I think you could own one in a heart beat....

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
we have five that are going. me,jeff,earl and seth has two. is that almost great??

Stockholm syndrome refers to a group of psychological symptoms that occur in some persons in a captive or hostage situation
i'll get ya for that.
jimmy vt

jimmy vt

I will bring the tucker ale, hopefully that will remove the need to get me...

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

i'll get ya for that.
jimmy vt

Jimmy VT, I understand Patty Hearst has a Snow Trac for sale....

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Jimmy VT, I understand Patty Hearst has a Snow Trac for sale....

Well Played!!!

PP, with regard to your comment: "I think you could own one in a heart beat...."

I'm quite sure you've heard the saying "Things work out for the best". Well, my near Snow Master purchase was during the summer of 2016. Three months later a Tucker 1643 showed up on ksl.com. I PM'ed a new forum member about it, and told him if he didn't buy it, I very well might. He passed on it... and I jumped.

That is the Snowzilla project machine.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Well Played!!!

PP, with regard to your comment: "I think you could own one in a heart beat...."

I'm quite sure you've heard the saying "Things work out for the best". Well, my near Snow Master purchase was during the summer of 2016. Three months later a Tucker 1643 showed up on ksl.com. I PM'ed a new forum member about it, and told him if he didn't buy it, I very well might. He passed on it... and I jumped.

That is the Snowzilla project machine.

oh, I strongly believe you are very wise man with a great capacity to try all snow cats, and I know you guys in the snowzilla shop have more than one none tucker I the stable, I see a "Swedish meatball express" project in your future and speaking of the future, it is full of "things working out for the best"

and in your heart, you know you will have a snow trac much sooner than later, it is meant too be...curiosity will get ya

long live the stockholm syndrome mafia

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

i'll get ya for that.
jimmy vt

yes, Jimmy VT, that is great to have so many snow tracs signed up, now, only if we could only find a Kristi to sign up, where could we find a Kristi?

and the Patty Hearst snow trac is still available

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
I registered. I will be trekking North Friday night before.

Does our klub have a logo?