• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just want to introduce myself.

Dutch-NJ

EQUIPMENT & TOOLS

I own a whole bunch of attachments (some unusual) to make maintaining my property easier. Since I don’t like to stop what I’m doing to switch attachments, I own several Simplicity (Allis-Chambers) garden tractors.

I also own a Case 580 w/ FEL & BH for heavier and construction work.

I have many tools that I have acquired over the years. I do most all my own mechanical, welding, body and painting work. I do my own construction, carpentry, plumbing and electrical work.

BACKGROUND

Born & raised in Brooklyn, NY. Moved to South Jersey (rural then - suburbia now).

Born 1942, semi retired. Worked for corporate America (heavy trucks). Owned my own business (buying, selling, exporting heavy trucks and equipment). Legislative aide for state government. Teacher of computer science at local college. “Associate” (orange apron) at Home Depot. Landlord (tenants all automotive related).

FAMILY

Married to same woman for 44 years (43-½ happily - unhappy days add up over the years). Three grown / happily married daughters. Six grandchildren.

PERSONALITY (my opinion)

Rational, have common sense, believe that history holds important lessons, believe in basics (don’t like to re-invent the wheel), open minded to new sensible ideas and concepts.

I am very opinionated.

I love America. I am patriotic. But I welcome immigrants and enjoy their customs and traditions.
However, I believe all Americans should have a common language and common values.

I believe in God. I believe Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. However, I believe others have the same right to their beliefs.

I am intolerant of many things including stupidity, laziness, hypocrites, and bigots.

I believe one of America’s most challenging threats at this time is Political Correctness.

As Margaret Thatcher said, “To me, consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies. So it is something in which no one believes and to which no one objects.”

PERSONALITY (others' various opinions)

Intelligent, street smart, suspicious, polite, eccentric, humorous, puritan, bull headed, interesting, resourceful, overbearing, domineering, trustworthy, faithful, cheap, generous.

WHY I USE THE INTERNET

I’m NOT an internet forum or blog junky. Mostly use the internet for research, entertainment, relaxation.

Enjoy learning about others and communicating with those from different parts of America and the world, and how others do things, and what equipment they use.

WHERE I’VE BEEN (internet)

I like to help others (if I can), share and compare life experiences, learn from others.

Have participated on:
GW - Too many repetitive basic questions - brand bashing - juvenile attitudes.
TF - Has great possibilities, but sparse user base.
MTF - Great members and user base, but hyper-sensitive to even slightly controversial discussions.

WHY I’M HERE

I consider Internet forums to be like peoples’ homes. I am a guest. The only freedom of speech that exists in a private forum is what the administrator permits. I understand and agree with that.

The main reason I am posting here is because I want to discuss tractors. However, I don’t have my head stuck in the sand. I realize there are other issues in this world.

America is at war. There are terrorists that want to blow up my tractors. My tractors need fuel. The cost of fuel is skyrocketing. Politics may be the cause or solution to the fuel crisis.

I’d really like to know others’ opinions on these issues, and be able to share my opinions.

This website (Forums Forums) seems to satisfy what I’m looking for.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to FF Dutch! Stick around, participate, argue, get disgusted with some of us :D and enjoy the usually intelligent discourse.

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Dutch, g'day and welcome!

I am on those sites you mentioned too, same thoughts here. GW especially is a waste of time.

What, 1 hour and only 1 post? You gotta have 10 posts before you get your free pint from Bob! :D

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dutch,
Welcome to FF. We have a few members from TF, MTF, and TBN that come here. I suppose some from GW come here too.
Doc and probably others started this forum so people could discuss issues along with tractors without getting bashed and censored. Here you'll find that we like to see what's on other people minds instead of squelching their thoughts. So come in, sit down and chat a spell.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome! I'm the resident undesirable jerk. I'm happy to see you here. Your thoughts and concepts seem to line up with what some other sites consider undesirable jerks' thoughts. You're home!! :tiphat: :thumb:

Dutch-NJ

PBinWA said:
What? Those freakin terrorists want to blow up my tractor?!!!!
Yes they do............ With you on it.

They also want to blow up your wife, your kids, and your mother.

And your neighbor who talks about a kinder, gentler world........... They want to blow him up too.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Dutch-NJ said:
And your neighbor who talks about a kinder, gentler world........... They want to blow him up too.
Ach, they can do in any nieghbour I have like that! No loss to the real people.
Welcome again Dutch, sounds like you'll fit right in. But I've already a question for you. How can you be opinionated? You said you were married, married guys don't have opinions, do they?:yum::tiphat::beer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome Dutch! Yours is the best introduction to date here on FF. Nicely done. :thumb:
Sounds like you'll fit right in here. We are very open here. From your intro I really think you'll like it here and fit right in.
The majority here like to talk tractors. Many of us came from TBN, another tractor forum, so you'll find plenty of folks to discuss tractoring with! :D

Be sure to post a pic of your tractors in the tractor forum. We have a thread set up just for showing off what you got.
I hope you enjoy it here! :beer:

Dutch-NJ

johnday said:
.... I've already a question for you. How can you be opinionated? You said you were married, married guys don't have opinions, do they?:yum::tiphat::beer:
I neglected to mention in my profile that I'm also a chauvinist.

I seldom voice my opinions at home, since my opinions are not open to family debate.

I also learned that it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like a resume to replace a moderator. Shall we have a poll and vote on which one?????? Definitely have the qualifications.........Opinionated!!!!
:whistle: :yum: :pat: :coolshade :beer: :eek:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
mtntopper said:
Looks like a resume to replace a moderator. Shall we have a poll and vote on which one?????? Definitely have the qualifications.........Opinionated!!!!
:whistle: :yum: :pat: :coolshade :beer: :eek:

Alex?! Is that you?! :yum:

HGM

Wow, that was quite a resume....:a1: Kinda makes the rest of us look lazy though...:rolleyes: .... Oh, BTW, I think you'll be right at home here since youre a chauvanist(?).. We can have :5boobs: :boobies: some fun here....

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Welcome to FF................. I don't like anyone from NJ..... I am from NJ....... I like you because you are originally from Brooklyn........:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome!! Looks like a perfect fit........Mith and JD wanna know if you have any sheep???

:jumpingSm:thewave:

Dutch-NJ

Junkman said:
Welcome to FF.................:thumb: :thumb: thumb:
Thanks................

Junkman said:
I don't like anyone from NJ.....
I know how you feel. Some days I don't like anyone. Not even myself.

Junkman said:
I am from NJ.......
Stop right there. I'm not here to listen to your problems. Enjoy your "government."

Junkman said:
I like you because you are originally from Brooklyn........
Don't try and smooth talk me.

Dutch-NJ

Big Dog said:
Welcome!! Looks like a perfect fit........
:jumpingSm:thewave:
Time will tell.........

Big Dog said:
Mith and JD wanna know if you have any sheep???
Nope....... The newcomers convinced our local politicians to outlaw sheep (the baa baa kind).

The only sheep around here now are the citizens.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dutch-NJ said:
Nope....... The newcomers convinced our local politicians to outlaw sheep (the baa baa kind).

The only sheep around here now are the citizens.

Yeah the baa baa kind...

Well if ya did and allowed them a visit, you would have earned rep points from those two...........:yum:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Dutch-NJ said:
Stop right there. I'm not here to listen to your problems. Enjoy your "government."

Don't try and smooth talk me.

OK....... the Honeymoon is over......... all that reside in NJ are idiots...... I am glad that I left 35 years ago. Youts undastan dat?????? Knuckles:applause:

Dutch-NJ

Junkman said:
OK....... the Honeymoon is over......... all that reside in NJ are idiots...... I am glad that I left 35 years ago. Youts undastan dat?????? Knuckles:applause:
I undastan dat loud and clear.

Thank you. That is the nicest thing anyone has said to me today.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Dutch-NJ said:
Mith, did ya see this? And I was all set to buy ya plane ticket!:pat: One more fantasy on hold, eh?:whistle:
:tiphat::beer::beer:

Dutch-NJ

Junkman said:
wen u waz a yuts....... did we pla togeta?????:yum: :whistle:

Yous don't look so familia.

Is dis yous current pitcha?
junk_man.jpg
I'm sure I wooda remembud.

I was brung up in Bay Ridge & Bensonhoist. Where was it you was brung up?