Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Agriculture & DIY Forums > DIY Forums > DIY Plumbing Forum

Old 07-12-2013, 07:22 PM

papichuloy2k is on a distinguished road
Default Help-Water Softener Error 3 Whirlpool WHES40

Hi everyone, I am on a tight budget and my water softener broke down. It's a Whirlpool WHES 40 with an error message 3 and Service message. I followed the manual and cleaned the venturi, and all that section that the manual calls. I plugged back in and the same error code.

The switch appears to open and close, the sprocket or top gear rotates, I can hear a noise as if water is entering but I am not able to see if water is actually entering. The water softener seems to cycle thorugh, but the message is there. Before ordering the seal package #18 that costs $43.00, and the switch, Is there anything else that I need to clean to rule out as the cause?

Thank you in advance for your help.