• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What rear end is this ?

Aaron Tucker

What type of rear end is this? ? Its on a 62 thiokol trackmaster

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160929-183604.jpg
    Screenshot_20160929-183604.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 231

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: What rear endnis this ?

These machines have a "Power divider" and thus what appear to be two diff's and two drive shafts. Those rears are not mechanically coupled. They are each driven by the power divider, and that is what accomplished the turning on these machines.

There is a member here in Colorado who posted up a complete over haul of his power divider in his Track Master a couple of years back.

Regards, Kirk

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: What rear endnis this ?

Looks like high pinion Spicer 44s to me. Like the ones Ford used in front axles. There are thousands out there and live well. Never seen an arrangement like that with them married.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Search "shop guy" here and in his posts are all you need to know about these power divider set ups.

That said, the manufacturer went away from that and to the O/C type steering differentials.

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
power dividers are expensive and difficult to set up the real problem with the 4-t is drive sprockets can be difficult to get relined and about impossible to find. one member recently found some one to do his I would bet the 4t also suffers frome the same weakness the 601 does with the weak spindle on the front axle as for the rear end that would be the least of my worries. that system however does have a ton of u-joints to fail.