• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SNOW TRAC for sale: Another Chance for you guys to be just like me!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Another Chance for you guys to be just like me!

B_Skurka said:
Another Chance for you guys to be just like me!
Bob,
Many of us are going to need more than a Snow Trac to be just like you... :tiphat:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

You can find Hawaiian shirts on eBay too!!!

BadAttitude

bczoom said:
Bob,
Many of us are going to need more than a Snow Trac to be just like you... :tiphat:
I'll say...

Tough enough trying to get 1 of everything, never mind 2!:whistle:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

OK guys, this is not a Snow Trac, but it is probably the most collectable of all the snow machines I know of. A Tucker Snow Cat. It is for sale. Its in the upper midwest. Asking price was $6000 but the snowmobile club now is looking for offers. I'd think you could have it for about $5000.

Attachments

• Copy of massey 031.jpg
    Copy of massey 031.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 144

Archdean

Originally Posted by B_Skurka
Another Chance for you guys to be just like me!

:drama: :3_7_11v:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Dean, buy yourself a couple dozen silk Hawaiian shirts, buy, restore & play with equipment that is both antiquated and has no real use in your area (I believe I am the only private owner of a snow cat in Indiana), have a wife who thinks you are basically insane:D, and have enough hair implants on your back to look like the dominant gorilla in the pack :puke1:, and you too can be like me! :tiphat:

As for this Tucker unit, it is from 1965 and it has the steel tracks. Those are pretty collectable Snow Cats. Tucker owners even have their own club like the antique tractor clubs. The most collectable of the Tuckers seem to be the steel track units. This one, being that it has a rear seating area, should be fairly desireable. They had a smaller unit called the Snow Kitten. And larger units that were like panel trucks. Tucker is one of the few American companies that made these.

Another very interesting brand is the Kristi snow cats. They were made in Colorado and was a small company, I believe they went out of business after an accident killed the company president. But the Kristi KT3 and KT4 units are great snow cats also. One of the great things about the KT3 and KT4 is that they can go anywhere a modern UTV can go, and can probably go a lot of places where a UTV would get stuck.

My snow cat is an Aktiv Snow Trac and was in production from 59 to 81. I have an enclosed cab version, but they were also available with an open cabin and I know of them being used in Texas oil fields as they were great on the sand. There were also grooming versions with short cabs and even wider higher floatation tracks.

Snow cats are great in swamps, sand dunes and snow. No reason why they can't be used on the farm too!

Last edited:

BoneheadNW

B_Skurka said:
have enough hair implants on your back to look like the dominant gorilla in the pack
Hair implants? Does this mean you spent money to grow back hair? Beware of disgruntled employees packing duct tape!

As far as needing a snow trac is concerned, it is on my list right below an electric cooled pony harness with fuel injection (that was for those Zappa fans out there).
Bonehead

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Bone,

Re: back hair implants?

No, I didn't pay for the back hair; I am a donor. In fact many zoos have come to me to help out their balding gorillas.

Re: "needing a snow trac"

Nobody actually NEEDS one. It is more a matter of irrational desire.

BoneheadNW

B_Skurka said:
No, I didn't pay for the back hair; I am a donor. In fact many zoos have come to me to help out their balding gorillas.
I wonder what the statistics are on guys that wear Hawiian shirts who have "excessive" back hair. Seriously. These type of guys also tend to wear the speedo style of bathing suits (no Bob, I don't want to know)
Bonehead

Archdean

"Dean, buy yourself a couple dozen silk Hawaiian shirts, buy, restore & play with equipment that is both antiquated and has no real use in your area (I believe I am the only private owner of a snow cat in Indiana), have a wife who thinks you are basically insane:D, and have enough hair implants on your back to look like the dominant gorilla in the pack :puke1:, and you too can be like me! :tiphat:"

Been there done that Bob!!

Used Snow cats in Black Rapids AK when I was the Excutive Officer for the USA's Northern Warfare Training Center, '78 ish!!

What I finished restoring and converted to a duel seat version (The only one in the world) TTBOMK!!! 1940 (Early) and have been to Hawaii several times but just not fat enough to wear a Hawaiian Shirt, silk or otherwise!!

No need for a wife /have young G/F!! Hair implants not needed either!! :tiphat:

Dean

Attachments

• Farmall B duel seat completed 004 (WinCE).jpg
    Farmall B duel seat completed 004 (WinCE).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Farmall B duel seat completed 003 (WinCE).jpg
    Farmall B duel seat completed 003 (WinCE).jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Farmall B duel seat completed 001 (WinCE).jpg
    Farmall B duel seat completed 001 (WinCE).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Farmall B duel seat completed 002 (WinCE).jpg
    Farmall B duel seat completed 002 (WinCE).jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 138

Archdean

"have a wife who thinks you are basically insane"

More importantly Bob! What do you think? If that was a typo, no need to respond, I well understand how sometimes written thoughts can appear as not intended!!:D

Dean