• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

UPS "Delivery"

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I ordered a refurbished laptop. Yesterday I checked the delivery status and it said it was now in glorious Phoenix. I stayed close to home because the delivery date was projected to be 1/11 or sooner.

I live in a small house. Star Trek reruns come on at 4:00 PM here.
I fell asleep, in a recliner, after the good part was over. Kirk getting it on with cute alien chick. (Who gives a crap about Klingons?)
I woke up at 5:38 PM. (I know because I looked at a clock on a table next to recliner.)
The recliner is about 10 feet from the front door and maybe 20 (or less) from the kitchen door.
There is just an entry way from the living room to the kitchen.
The kitchen door opens onto the carport.
I got out this laptop and logged on line at 6:00 PM on the dot.
Less than 15 minutes after this I checked the UPS delivery status.
I saw this:
Delivery attempted - Signature is required or unable to find secure location.
So I started to freak out. There is NO customer service number listed there. So I have to fumble around on line to look it up.(This really only takes about 5 minutes). I call UPS.
Go through the computer mumbo jumbo. On hold 5 minutes (?) 10 maybe.
Try not to freak out on girl (sounds like she is about 12). I'm finally told that the delivery service closes at 6:00 PM.
So I apologize and tell her that I'm sorry because she isn't the one who delivers (or in my case doesn't deliver) the stuff.

Theories?
Driver had wrong house?

My theory:
The driver is on his way to deliver my package. He looks at his watch. He see it's 5:47 PM. This is close to 6:00 PM, quitting time. So driver just blows off making the delivery and hustles back to the shop and 5:47 is written down as:
Delivery attempted.

k-dog

Not sure about UPS but FedEx will leave a note on your door stating delivery was atteempted and the reason why it couldn't be completed.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure about UPS but FedEx will leave a note on your door stating delivery was atteempted and the reason why it couldn't be completed.
UPS has left an attempted delivery slip saying sig is needed at my place. Lately it's rare that a sig is needed.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty sure UPS leaves a note on the door.

For me, the absolute worst is USPS. She is so lazy, she won't drive down the driveway and deliver the package. She automatically sticks a pink slip in the mailbox that says "sorry we missed you". Has been going on for years. Prior to that, she would pull down the drive then toss the package out her window.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

For me, the absolute worst is USPS. She is so lazy, she won't drive down the driveway and deliver the package. She automatically sticks a pink slip in the mailbox that says "sorry we missed you". Has been going on for years. Prior to that, she would pull down the drive then toss the package out her window.

UPS leaves a note on my door when necessary. I've had good luck also with USPS. The problem with USPS generally is figuring out whether the package is on the truck or at the PO.

We've had the same USPS driver for 20 years. She knows where the unlocked door is on most neighborhood houses, and has been known to place cases of wine and boxes of cigars inside.

I don't want to kbow how the delivery notice gets signed.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Never had a problem with UPS. I have had delivery's as late as 8 o'clock at night. If by chance they do miss me they always leave a note. I know the driver too and he has stopped me on the street to tell me I have a package coming. Nice guy.

And USPS has always been great here. If I'm not home and a package is to be delivered they drop it off at the office for me and leave a note in the box.

FEDEX on the other hand sucks, 'nuff said.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
If you use fedx or ups often you will eventually be disappointed. Hope it wasn't addressed wrong...you will never see it again. Maybe she was out of little slips.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter

Yep,that's what must have have happened. I didn't notice it last night. I did see that notice this morning.
After I checked on line and saw that it hadn't been delivered, I wanted to double check. I went out the side door, walked to the end of my carport, looked to the left where my front porch and front door is. I didn't walk over to look on the screen door.
I didn't open the front door at that time to look on the screen door.
It's a small house and I usually go out the side (kitchen) door. We always did that at my parent's house. The carport is on the side of the house. I no longed have a car but it's natural just to get out of a car and go in that way. Usually packages are left there where they are less visible from the street.
The front also has a screen door and I don't even bother carrying a key for it. It doesn't help that the jackass that put the door in screwed it up and now I need to jury rig it.
When I opened the door this morning I saw the notice.
Any way I just looked out my big picture window (left the blinds wide open to see out) and saw the UPS truck. Went out (shoe less) and got my package and came back to finish my rant.
Thank you for putting up with me and my rants!

I haven't even opened the box. If the Laptops smashed to bits, well that's another rant.