• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 1202B

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Here is a few pictures of the Thiokol my friend Bob Pierce found. I am working on the deal now to bring it to a new home. Thanks Bob! :thumb:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Here are a few pics. More to come of the inside.:thumb:

Attachments

• DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 476
  • DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 466
  • DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 467
  • DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 449

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Could some of you Thiokol experts tell me what we are looking at here? I know she is a Thiokol 1202B. She has what apperas to be an OC-12 diff. The cab looks to be in great shape. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I can see in the pics that the rear Diff housing has dirt coated oil. I dont know if this is a leaky housing or sloppy filling of the case. MTNTOPPER pointed out that the case does not have the drop axle guards which became standard on later models. He also said the drop housings are not strong and could be damaged by rocks ect. This so far is my only area of concern.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry, no interior pictures worth posting. I took a couple of crappy pictures through the windows because no one was there and I wasn't going to open the door(s) without the owners permission. It would have probably been OK, but it's one of those lines I don't cross. Meanwhile, my last exterior picture...

Attachments

• DSC00005a.JPG
    DSC00005a.JPG
    289.9 KB · Views: 452

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
No never. My Snow Master is still far superior to any and all Snowcats out there to this day. NEVER!!!!!!!!! Ok so my Snow Master doesnt run but I still would never sell her. I will be in it Friday for a test run. Then I plan to load her up and back down the highway I go!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
She is just going to get a very detailed cleaning. Then all the fluids will be drained and flushed. Only the best lubes will go back in. Then the greasing will begin. Need to find an Owners manual. HHHmmm Hey Bob got any Thiokol owners manuals? Need to find all the zirks.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Deleted post that Mikey is replying to...
Mikey just scored this, and how! Did you trade your snow master as a down payment?

Last edited:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I will be leaving here Friday Morning at about 4 am. I should be back home Friday night with my new Snowcat. Saturday will be cleaning and picture day!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
OK here is some boring info but never the less its all in a days work to get my Thiokol.

Trailer is all checked out ready to go. Airpressure checked, spare tire checked, deck swept off, Lights all work. Now I am itchen to go.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
3 pics

Attachments

• DSCF0002 24.JPG
    DSCF0002 24.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 388
  • DSCF0003 25.JPG
    DSCF0003 25.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 394
  • DSCF0004 19.JPG
    DSCF0004 19.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 392

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Will that Dodge pull that big trailer with a real snow cat on it? :poke: BigAl might loan you his Ford truck if you need real horsepower and you agree to be his bi*ch. :4_11_9: Does it have ramps or is it a tilt bed? Post some pics of how you end up tying down the cat down on your trailer. Good luck and drive careful....:thumb:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
No I am selling my Dodge. I am actually getting ready to build my new Ford Superduty 4x4 crew cab diesel dually! Sold my truck and will put that down on my new Ford. BUT until I get the money I will be using my old mans 2008 Ford Superduty 4x4 diesel crewcab ect ect. The Dodge is great. The Power Wagon option is unbelieveable but I need a 1 ton Dually now.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
That trailer does not have ramps and it is NOT a tilt bed. I will place some jack stands under the back then add my wooden ramps and pull the cat on. I will post tons of pics!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
When I talked to the place that had it today they told me that all the manuals and other assorted paper work is inside the cab. So Thats another bonus!

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
You may want to rethink the dually with using it on snowy and icy mountain roads as they have a tendency to hydroplane. Yes they will pull more weight, but will you really need the dual wheels. My F350 single wheel King Ranch does a great job with my heavyweight LMC 1200 on the trailer. :thumb: I think a goose neck trailer would be your better bet with the single wheel truck and then you really do not need the dual wheels. I looked at both and decided single wheel would be more efficient for slick roads. Hey BigAl do you have any opinions that I want to here or do I want to know?:yum:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
HMMM. My plans are to run studded snow tires on the front and rear. I was planning on drilling and studding them to my pattern. I like the dual wheels since it gives so much more stability especially side to side. I will most likely go with a goose neck trailer (maxey tilt deck) since that will place the weight just forward of the rear axle giving me much better traction. AND Ive always wanted a Dually! But please go on.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I spent about $1200.00 for four studded tires to go all the way round for the F350 as they are very wide and tall to begin with (275/70-R18). :4_11_9: Not many tire companies currently make the tires to fit these newer Ford trucks and those that that do get premium prices. The F350 gets around good in most conditions but these tires are wide compared to our F250 super duty with 16 inch tires. We got about 3 foot of very wet new snow this past weekend. I chained the F250 on all 4 and still could not drive into my home. I use my vehicles for some tough 4X4 conditions and I am sure the dual wheels would not work for me and our snow conditions as well as single wheels. The F350 is parked at home (probably stuck) and we are back on our snow machines again for a few days. We loaned our new Jeep Grand Cherokee to some neighbors that drove their suburban in last Friday and can not get back out to the main road even with chains on. We have 4 foot plus drifts in places again.:snow2_smi: I spent today working at cutting trees out of the roads and digging out my 4 wheelers that are a waste in this much snow. I can actually say I am damn tired of all the late season snow.:puke1:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Yah I am in the same boat. This late winter season sucks! BUT its starting to warm up "again". My plans are now to get a FordFX4 dually 4x4 diesel with black leather interior. I think I will still get the dually since I will be towing two snowcats at times. BUT I need to get paid for my truck first.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey BigAl do you have any opinions that I want to here or do I want to know?:yum:
My 2006 F2504x4 diesel King Ranch is the best hauling truck I have ever owned and that includes the Dodge 350 4x4 turbo Diesel dually I owned before this Ford .
I like it so much I decided to pick up the 100000 mile extended warranty and keep it forever . It can tow something like 16,400 pounds !!!!! The braking transmission is incredible in hill country .

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Well I go down to my Ford dealer in the morning to give him my order. I printed it out from the Ford website after I built it. They are telling me 6 to 8 weeks to get it after its ordered. I have driven the 3 big manufacturers 1 ton 4x4 diesel duallies and no one comes even close to the quality behind the Ford product right now. I know some people are brand loyal and I use to be one of them but now my hard earned money goes to the best regardless who it is! 2nd runner up I would say would be the GMC.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Good luck with the new Ford. I hope their new diesel is better than the last one. (And yes, for the record the 6.0 was and is a lemon.) If it isn't here's the best fix.

As a side note: For anyone considering a dually, but would prefer single tires in the rear, check this out.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I Agree with Bill we have pulled some very heavy loads in the summer and winter with our F350 one load weighed in at 29,000 pounds from New York to Minnesota four machines at once only two flat tires and seemed to miss alot of scales.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Boggie,
You also prefer the sigle rear wheels? I have had bad experiences with a blow out and a fully loaded trailer. Thanks god I go slow when towing at least. Anyway I do like the 19.5 " tires though as seen above in av8trs post. (Thanks). Anyway I just placed my order today. Or at least started the process. They will call me to get some more info but I should be getting a new truck here in a few months.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I am leaving Thursday morning at 4 am to get her. Will post pics.

Have a safe trip Mike , wherever you are headed . Wish I was riding "Shotgun" with you . I could entertain you with glorious wonderful stories of Kristi SnowCats and just how superior they really are over those Snot Tracs and Snot Masters .