• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

...and an antenna for 440mhz

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I was listening to a local net tonight, and after checking in I was listening and built this in 20 minutes. Radiator is 6.38" and radials are 6.70". This little ground plane is a screamer, and locks in the local 440 repeater about 7 miles away with no problem. I'll try it in the morning and see how many repeaters I can hit while folks are going to work. Oh, SWR is 1.1:1 across the band without any trimming, even with the hanging eye on the radiator. I just left it rather than screw it up.

440mhzgroundplane-1.jpg

440mhzgroundplane-3.jpg

I hung the 2 meter big brother to this one in the attic today, and I need to get some coax and a bag of PL259s tomorrow to run 3 antennas from the attic to the basement office that will be my shack. Then I need to build a 10 meter inverted "V" dipole so I can start using my Ten-Tec Omni D. I plan on starting out by building the dipole on the 5/12 trusses in the garage attic.

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
for 10 nmeter you can just chop a little bit off a cb antennaand get some great preformance ,i know it's not much fun that way your little ground planes look like my 10 meter antenna which is a surplus military 292 you might also want to shop around for a nvis anntenna just a suped up diapole they work great and can be tuned to any frequency and set up in different configurations to take advantage of ground wave or sky wave. you are checking in to net' have you discovereed irlp yet i'm telling you you don't know what you are missing out on. the alaska reflector host's several nets the biggest one being the morning net starting at 9 am alaska time and there are several other large ones on the west coast i have also checked in on what fun.