• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

MAGAZINE ARTICLE: Snow-Trac ST4s featured in: "hot VWs" magazine

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In January 1997, the magazine "dune buggies and hot VWs" ran short article about Snow Tracs.

I've obtained an original copy of the magazine and converted the cover, plus the article into downloadable .pdf files. While the magazine cover is full color, all the photos of the Snow Tracs are black and white images and the pages of the magazine had yellowed with age so I converted the images to black and white and enhanced the contrast a bit to make it easier to read.

There is also contact information about the Snow Trac Club on the first page of the article.

EDIT: updated PDF files.

Attachments

• 1Hot VW Jan'97.pdf
    113.3 KB · Views: 247
  • 1HotVW article pg1.pdf
    236.8 KB · Views: 251
  • 1HotVW article pg2.pdf
    168.2 KB · Views: 220

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: ARTICLE: Snow-Trac ST4s featured in: "hot VWs" magazine

It was on EBAY

It is a short article, but it provided some new information that I was not aware of before so it was well worth the $1.50 it cost me to buy plus the $2 for s/h!

I just purchased another one which should arrive sometime next week? Unfortunately the only way I could get this one was to buy an entire year of the magazine, so I guess I'll end up selling off 11 issues and keeping just the one I need with the Snow Trac article in it.

There is also a Swedish magazine that I am aware of that is supposed to have an article in it about a Snow Trac, but I've never been able to track down a copy of that magazine or even confirm the article exists.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
If you ever see another VW article or magazine on Ebay you have already let me know and I will pick it up. I just got that one mag from England yesterday. Great little article!