• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

10 Meters is lighting up.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I've noticed since returning from vacation that the traffic on 10 meters has really picked up. Hearing lots of chatter coming from all three coasts in my little shack. I've tried to make contact but to no avail. Some of these California guys sound like they are right in my shack! They must have some pretty big guns to boom in here like that, and I can't get a contact on the next street over. Such is my life... ONTOH, I've made some nice contacts on 2 meters with local guys, and will be participating tonight with a SSTV group. I downloaded MMSSTV and one of the guys on the Thursday night 2 meter Net walked me through the setup checklist. We'll see how it all pans out when it kicks off at 8:30.

HamShack3-4-11.jpg

The shack is filling up with "stuff" as you can see. I picked up a pair of JBL Pro speakers for $7.99 at the Thrift Store before vacation. They sound perfect, and are much better than the 20+ year old internal speaker on the Ten-Tek. I also have a dedicated Toshiba notepad computer ($229+ Tx) just for ham software, along with a new headset for talking on EchoLink. It's coming together slowly but surely. There are a couple of hamfests coming up in March and April that I will attend with a couple of the local guys I met, just so I can see what's out there on the used market. I got in a bunch of studying for my General license while on vacation, but I'm still only less than half way through it. I was hoping to test in March, but might have to wait a little longer.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
glad you have projected a time to test that will give me a target time for me to upgrade 1 thing i learned about 11 meter skywave is that alot of times it only works one way but is it ever cool when it goes both ways i used to shoot into ca, alberta ca,and austrila with fair regularity best of ll was one night when i turned the quad north and made contact with denmark over the pole