• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

laser from china

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
my neighbor bought a laser on ebay that came directly from china.
I pointed it on a shoelace of a guy sitting next to me and about 3 seconds it started smoking.
is this laser legal to have?

jim

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't know but can I get a link to the e-bay place that's selling them? Would like to get one before they do get banned.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
That looks pretty cool!!!

I agree it'll get banned fairly soon. It won't be long before some idiot points it at a plane. Now there's a thought. The next time my neighbor's loopy son flies his drone over my place I won't threaten it with a shotgun, I'll just point the laser at it. That'll work!!!! :yum:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
How far away was the shoelace? Do you know if it could burn farther away than just a few feet?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have pointed it at a dry leaf about 8ft and it smokes and turns black. I haven't seen any flames on anything that I pointed at.
the shoe lace was about the same distance. any farther it is just a laser light. we tried some ether in a bottle and nothing happened but I didn't want to push my luck and didn't try hard.
but if you think about it ,they have engravers and cutters with more powerful lasers.
lets hope they aren't shipping by air because it comes with lith batteries
jim

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
lets hope they aren't shipping by air because it comes with lith batteries
jim
I'm guessing they are. At the bottom of the ad, it says 65% of USA orders have a shipping time of 11-15 days. It can't make it from China to your door in that amount of time by boat.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm guessing they are. At the bottom of the ad, it says 65% of USA orders have a shipping time of 11-15 days. It can't make it from China to your door in that amount of time by boat.

It could have been shipped by boat before, then orders are re-shipped (from a warehouse in the USA) to fill consumers orders. That way it would make it to one's door by ground in 11-15 days.
Or maybe the batteries are added in the USA.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was under the impression that a container ship took 10 days to seattle.