• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Democrats admit no AWB will pass, so why the crazy gun prices?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've seen priced come down on AR15s and other premium guns that happen to exist on Diane Feinstein's Assault Weapon Ban List . . . seems like either the market is stabilizing, or people realize that there is very little chance for a new Assault Weapon ban.

But still we have some individuals offering up some crazy prices in the classifieds, over on Armslist, etc.

I'm a serious buyer, but with no ban coming, I'm not paying a super-premium-crazy-azz price for something that I can get new, from the factory, if I just wait for the supply to catch up.

Now ammo, that is something I don't get. I'm betting its hoarding that is driving up those prices. But guns, seriously, little to no reason to pay crazy prices.

Am I wrong?

Did I miss a memo?

Is there some reason to pay $1200 for a used M-forgery built of average parts?​

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like you trust politicians! ......... and BTW, the government is hoarding the ammo.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think everyone is hoarding ammo.

But its gun prices that I find odd. I am involved with a shooting group in NWI, we meet in person, but also meet on the internet at an Indiana gun website. On that website is a 'classified' section and people are asking $2000 for homebuilt Doublestar AR15s, and other foolishness. WTF?

Then go over to ARMSLIST and you see $700 used Glocks and crazy crap like that.

If there is virtually ZERO chance of an assault weapons ban then why are the prices still inflated? Oh, I've seen them come down a bit from their higher-than-crazy prices, but seriously WTF?

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Another thing, a gun ban isn't really what people are fretting ........... it's the background checks and registration. Thanks to Coburn those laws still are a issue. The gun you have now will still be just as valuable because it won't be in a database.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
There are lots of proposed bills in the state systems. No one is resting easy until these bills are 100% dead.

We should get a definitive answer on Colorado's magazine ban today (I think). That could set off another wave of buying if that bill becomes a law.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
What about the chance that O-slimmy will EO it even if all the proposed laws are voted down??

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
What about the chance that O-slimmy will EO it even if all the proposed laws are voted down??

Correct.

Gun sales and gun prices will stay high as long as Fearless fosdick is in the White House.

Salesman of the year for five years running!

Kane

What I detest is the price gouging on guns and ammo by the established retailers. Some do not raise prices to an unreasonable level, but some do.

CheaperThanDirt (who is supposed to be one of the good guys) seems the worst. I bought Federal Gold Match .308 from them three months ago for $1.19/round, and now the same .308 is over $2/round. Bastards.

Guess it's time to get a Dillon press off of eBay. Of course it's just as hard to find powder and primers. Dirty, rotten, greedy bastards.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cheaper Than Dirt has NEVER been "one of the good guys" and has a long history of f***ing the gun owning community.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Some folks try and keep enough on hand all the time. I buy by the case lot, and right now I am in no hurry to buy at these prices. My hope is that this too will pass.....

In the mean time it's interesting to see the rush by those who don't have. I guess if I were one of them, I'd be buying and bitching too. Thank the lord for keeping lots on hand, all the time.

In reality how much ammo can one expect to need anyway?? How long would the mayhem last? If you ask yourself these questions, it becomes pointless to have 10K rounds for each gun. You won't live long enough to shoot that up.

At the curent rate of new ammo production, there are no primers going into reloading supplies. None...I wonder if I should load up and P dog shoot this year, as it may be tough to replace the ammo components to load them again. I hope this doesn't last.

Regards, Kirk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The AR parts I have sold recently I have opened the bidding at around the MSRP the part would sell for if it was available. Then I let the bidders take it wherever they wanted it to go. I was rarely dissapointed. However, they picked the price. They bid it, so I guess they had no problem with it.