• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Went for a two mile walk around the property on a chilly, but sunny day. Then came back into the house to the aroma of a roasting turkey. After a shower, a nice cup of Hot Chocolate, put on a sweater and sat out on the deck with the dog. Wife is taking a nap upstairs. Her back has been a titch finicky.

Things are what one makes them to be and I gotta say, this house arrest thing ain't half bad today. :th_lmao:

Bannedjoe

I have things to do.
As a matter of fact, I have many things to do, but I just don't feel like doing anything.
I'm getting pretty tired of reading and hearing about this damn crises, and it's not affecting me per se, and I'm trying not to let it, but it's taking a bit of a toll on my psyche.

I got a pot of 15 bean soup going with some hot Italian sausage about to go in.
The house is smelling good.

It's partly sunny, and 69º, so I gotta go outside and do something!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I also have many projects to which I need to address. A retaining wall repair, Cherry Tree that needs dead wood pruning, Or finishing the trim around five skylights in the loft. Clearing the study of Christmas decorations that should go into storage.

However, the number one thing one can do toward off this virus is a high immune system. That means lots of rest. So I'm prepping today for next week.

Slept until 10:00 today. Now I'm just loafing. Some Laundry and cook dinner is all I have on my plate.

Bannedjoe

My shop looks like a bomb went off over the winter.
I...just...can't...bring...myself...to address it.

I kinda have an urge to set up the Lee Loadmaster, but it's pandemonium in there.
I have some more tractor work to do around the new addition, but my hip is still a little sore from bouncing around on it last week doing some grading work.

The wife says, if you don't feel like doing anything, then don't.
I'm like...okay.:smile:

I'm sure motivation will happen when it happens.

I think I'll hop on my trail bike and take the dogs for a run.
That always gets my juices flowing.

Here's Abby sitting on her bike thinking it's a grand idea.

Attachments

• IMG_3843.JPG
    IMG_3843.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I know how you guys feel but it's the freekin' rain that is keeping me inside. Ten days straight now and flood warnings all over the county.

Still, tidying up the shop did lead to finding that pack of toilet paper so that's a bonus.

It's probably going to be at least Wednesday before I can run mowers and tractors over this waterlogged ground.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, my son and I made the work cabin trip, the Suzuki did real good in the deeper snow. Details in the tracked 4x4 section. We installed the security door today along with some shooting and hiking around. Not many animal tracks this trip but last night a very big Coyote or wolf came around because this morning there were tracks over ours. Headed home in the morning.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 88

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like winter is finally losing its grip here. It's snowing now but right at the freezing mark. And during the day temps are forecast around +8 celcius during the day for the next week.

Tomorrow's task is working on my son's car changing the inner rear bumper. I'm having a hard time getting the nuts off due to 21 years of rust and undercoating. The grinder will take care of that.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Today is Day 11 of house arrest. Getting exercise, cooking and reading and trying to limit my time in front of the tube.

Anxious to get cutting wood, but supposed to rain and snow all week so that will be a no go.

Attitude, attitude, attitude. :thumbup:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm just going take a wild guess that this whole self quarantine social distance thing is going to last a lot longer than the 14 days. If you're going stir crazy now, just think of how things will look if we're into july and this is still going on.

For me, I'm also trying to limit my time in front of the tv doing projects around the house. I used to say that my honeydo list was written on toilet paper but that stuff is too valuable now. Lmao. I just have my own list of projects to keep me going. A regular routine also helps to combat the craziness that would take over.

Time to do my workout routine then head out to the garage to tinker on the car.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have three employees out today because St louis County, where they reside, went on Lock Down. Rumor has it the entire state may go on Lock Down at 5:00 tonight.

My wife and I have made arrangements to live a the plant, if required, in our mini house camper. The two of us can operate at least one of the critical lines for our clients.
My son lives less than 1/4 mile from the plant. Our CSR a bit over a mile. So we could have, theoretically, two lines going.

The house is well stocked so the kids can survive at home for about two weeks. Assuming we cannot travel, our neighbor will look in on them.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm heading east to the next county to meet the father of my Godson. He has no ammo. NONE.

Giving him 2 boxes of 12ga shells.

On the way home I'm stopping at the grocery store. The on-line grocery order I placed early this morning is available for pick up at 2pm. They bring it out and put it in your trunk for you. No interaction with a human, don't even have to get out of the car. Just pull into a special parking spot, click the "I'm Here" button on their smartphone App and they bring it out to your car!

I'm just going take a wild guess that this whole self quarantine social distance thing is going to last a lot longer than the 14 days....

I think it sort of depends upon where you are in the world.

New York is so far behind the curve on this virus they probably will be in lock down for 30-45 days.

Nova Scotia, Canada and Benton County, IN on the other hand, probably can manage 14 days pretty easily. Both are probably very safe places. (I didn't check Nova Scotia, but I'm betting)

But if someone from a "safe" place travels to a "hot zone" place then the "safe place" will no longer be safe after that person returns. This is where the problems lie. We have a very very mobile society. That mobility will kill a lot of people.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
But if someone from a "safe" place travels to a "hot zone" place then the "safe place" will no longer be safe after that person returns. This is where the problems lie. We have a very very mobile society. That mobility will kill a lot of people.

I sure wish that shopping app had worked for us but a 9-day wait is a bit extreme. In fact it's more than extreme, it's useless. I don't know how Walmart's app is working. My wife had to go to town this morning to drop off some stuff and said that our little town is deserted except for the grocery store car park which she said was full. She changed her mind and didn't go in. She said that Walmart's car park was equally busy. I suppose that she is going to do without her salad stuff, fresh veg and lemons.

My S-I-L is coming home from Georgia starting today. She said last night, "I'm so looking forward to seeing you guys again". I told her as long as she looks from the opposite side of the front gate she's perfectly welcome. She's pissed at me again. That's nothing new. She spends half her life at least semi-pissed at me. We still don't have any cases in our county so I think that it's probably perfectly safe but the point is that you just never know. We're not testing around here until you show symptoms, feel sick and go to your doctor who refers you for testing. To me that's 'way too late. They could have been infectious for days before that and spreading joy and happiness all over the place.

We're in to day 8 of hunkering down. The rain is supposed to have quit until Friday but it was really foggy this morning. It's still dull and dreary right now.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
After 12 hours at work, I feel like I've been there for two days.
When I got home last night, I found it very hard to fall asleep, so I'm up and running on 3 hours of sleep.
I've got 2 days off now.
I foresee a nap this afternoon.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
As a result of COVID-19, we set up new protocols starting today.

Only one entrance for all persons coming into the plant. They must wear a Temp monitor on site has show no fever.

All employees possess a company letter certifying their occupation at a critical need manufacturing facility.

No delivery drivers allowed in the plant.

A log is kept of all persons who enter the plant certifying their absent fever condition.

Our County is now on lock down except for critical industries.

Cathy and I may be living at the plant 24/5; taking two days off to check on the kids and bring home groceries and supplies. I hope it doesn't get that drastic.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Got all the groceries put away from our early morning foray to the supermarket during senior citizen hour. The stuff for the main Frig and pantry got wiped down with Lysol wipes. The stuff for the secondary frig and freezers got put directly in. Same with the stuff that goes in the disaster pantry or as we call it, "The Morman's Larder" LOL. That stuff will not be used during the 3 day or so half life.

Great to replenish what we have used these past two weeks and actually add to our supply. Expecting the Governor to call a lockdown any day now. I am sure one can still go to the grocery store or pharmacy in such a situation. I mean seriously, what are folks going to do.

Checkout lady said that they may soon stop accepting cash. CC only. Wow, the times they are a changin".

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
MY WIFE LOVES TO FLY SOUTHWEST. THEY ARE CURRENTLY RUNNING A SALE ON TRAVEL. CAYMAN ISLANDS FOR $175 ST. LUCIA FOR $189 AND SO ON.

I REMINDED HER THAT IF WE WENT WE COULD NOT RETURN BECAUSE OF THE TRAVEL BAN.

SHE ANSWERED QUICKLY,,,"SO WHAT'S YOUR POINT!

Bannedjoe

The sun is out, the temp is currently an almost acceptable level of 57º.
Motivation is returning, but mostly by necessity.
The wife went out to start the spare car, and apparently the mice have attacked again.
The 2000 Grand Cherokee turns over but doesn't fire.
The last time this happened, it took a very good mechanic well over a week to find the chewed wires and cost me a small fortune in labor.
I'm getting a 320 code which translates to no signal from the CPS.
I replaced it not all that long ago, so I know how, and I'm hoping that maybe that's all they chewed.

My burn pit needs dug out again too.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Still cold here. Snow on the ground.

But the garden planning is taking shape. Soon as it warms up enough I'll be cleaning out the old beds and getting them ready for new tomatoes, peppers, onions, etc.

Going to get the tiller started up and ready in advance. It's a little Honda, works great inside raised beds.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The sun is out, the temp is currently an almost acceptable level of 57º.
Motivation is returning, but mostly by necessity.
The wife went out to start the spare car, and apparently the mice have attacked again.
The 2000 Grand Cherokee turns over but doesn't fire.
The last time this happened, it took a very good mechanic well over a week to find the chewed wires and cost me a small fortune in labor.
I'm getting a 320 code which translates to no signal from the CPS.
I replaced it not all that long ago, so I know how, and I'm hoping that maybe that's all they chewed.

My burn pit needs dug out again too.

Yeah mice, and rats, can really make a mess of a Jeep.
My 96 Grand Cherokee was parked on my Ozark ranch for a whole summer. They not only chewed the wiring but the brake lines. Not something you want to find out in hill country.

After fixing all of that, we came to the property to find a flat tire. Something had literally chewed thru the rubber on the sidewall.

We got some mean critters in the Ozarks. Chiggers that carry chainsaws and Skeeters so big they have numbers on the side.

Bannedjoe

Yeah mice, and rats, can really make a mess of a Jeep.
My 96 Grand Cherokee was parked on my Ozark ranch for a whole summer. They not only chewed the wiring but the brake lines. Not something you want to find out in hill country.

After fixing all of that, we came to the property to find a flat tire. Something had literally chewed thru the rubber on the sidewall.

We got some mean critters in the Ozarks. Chiggers that carry chainsaws and Skeeters so big they have numbers on the side.

The little bastards chewed it down within a fraction of an inch of the stycast on the sensor.
If you know anything about stycast, you can't dig anything out of it without destroying what you're going after.

Using my mil-spec rework skills, I managed to get ahold of the last little bits left behind on the unit, tin them and attach some new wires, that I then shrink tubed and wrapped the crap out of.

Finishing up a little break, I'm now out to see if my Macgyver skills will save me a trip to town.
These things are a bitch to get out, a 6 angry crack whores to get back in.

Attachments

• IMG_2269.JPG
    IMG_2269.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 70

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I have two neighbors who both last year got new cats that wander the fields around our houses looking for mice and the occasional rat from the river.

Well, lo and behold, this winter, I caught a grand total of one mouse in the garage with the DeCon never touched. Traps baited and charged, not touched.

Never underestimate the power of a predator. :th_lmao:

Bannedjoe

Farkin' A doodah!!!!
It worked.

I love my Jeeps, but I hate Chrysler engineers.

They could have easily designed these Jeeps with nice little removable access covers for things like this, and the in tank fuel pump etc.
Money grubbing lazy bastards.

Cats aren't a very good solution here in the desert.
Their odors, and their shit buried everywhere attracts coyotes, which in turn gets them eaten.

We tried that once before, and in one week, the cats all disappeared.

The only tried and true way of keeping critters out of the engine compartment is to leave the hoods open so it's not a safe protected spot.
I hate rodents.

I just thank the lord this was the only damage this time.
Then I asked him to please take his mice somewhere else.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You have my sympathy. Rats and mice were a constant problem at the farm until we got outside cats.

Today was a good day apart from losing water but that only lasted for about 4-hours.

The sun broke through about noon and the temperature got up to 80°F. Magic. I actually put on work clothes. I've lived in my sweats for the past 4-days. I went outside. The dogs loved it. They ran and scampered around for about 30 minutes and then flopped.

I planted some replacement asparagus in my bed. They're the only vegetable that we grow these days. I treated the ant mounds that have sprouted over the last 2 wet weeks. I sprayed a little around the house and I piddled around big time.

My wife went in to the grocery store at 7:30 pm, 30 minutes before they close and found the place almost deserted. That's probably because there wasn't much on the shelves to buy but there was produce which was what she was looking for. She came home happy and we are good for at least the next two weeks as far as salad things are concerned. I can actually have lettuce and tomato on my hamburger now and we have K-Cups for another month. We have all the staples except that she couldn't find lemons and she dearly wanted those. She eats a lot of shrimp.

TOMORROW WE MOW!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
About the only productive thing I did yesterday was 2 dump runs. Other than that it was a sweats day for me too. Today won't be much different. I might haul the oldest boy out to the garage to work on his car for a bit. I'm also thinking about a full workout. I have everything here to do it. Just a matter of kicking myself in the a$$ to do it.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
today is go out day, a customer is bugging me for an estimate which means I have to go there, grocery trip and my buddy Robert talked me into dropping the frame from his truck to get custom SS brake lines put on it. The only condition I had was when get there I'm not getting out of the truck or meeting anyone and they agreed.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Farkin' A doodah!!!!
It worked.

I love my Jeeps, but I hate Chrysler engineers.

They could have easily designed these Jeeps with nice little removable access covers for things like this, and the in tank fuel pump etc.
Money grubbing lazy bastards.

Cats aren't a very good solution here in the desert.
Their odors, and their shit buried everywhere attracts coyotes, which in turn gets them eaten.

We tried that once before, and in one week, the cats all disappeared.

The only tried and true way of keeping critters out of the engine compartment is to leave the hoods open so it's not a safe protected spot.
I hate rodents.

I just thank the lord this was the only damage this time.
Then I asked him to please take his mice somewhere else.

Ford engineers are no better.

I have needed to replace the back flow preventer in the fuel pump for about a year now. What happens is when the truck sits for a while, it loses fuel rail pressure at the injectors, requiring me to cycle the ignition on and off a few times before starting to re-pressure the line. No big deal. Ethanol gas is the culprit. Destroys seals.

It would have been fixed by now, but ya gotta drop the gas tank and without a lift the job is more than I want to try, laying on my back at 71 years of age on the garage floor.

An access panel in the pickup bed right above the pump would have been a God send. Thanks for nothing Ford.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Last night I made a fab dinner for myself.
Watched some movies and stayed home, inside.
Today is pretty much the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.