• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Paying bills and drinking coffee today.

Fencing practice at school and also at the club later.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm having coffee too.
Green Mountain Nantucket blend from the Keurig.
Working today and tomorrow.
Things seem to be calming down there.
It's been a little crazy with the renovations, owner visitations and temp short staffing with so many out on vacations.
I'll survive tho it stirs my mood at times.
Sheesh.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been sick since December 27. First a bad cold and then the flu.

I went to work sick and likely infected everybody. Most have suffered thru with very few absences. Yesterday my voice box wouldn't work.

Today I can talk but it is squeaky. I've been ill for 4 solid weeks.

Now I hear we have a new Corona strain Flu coming.

How long can this crap go on???:hammer:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Worked my butt off in the garage all day on the snowmobile. After several choice words and taking the chaincase apart 5 times to figure out why the reverse wasn't working, I finally got it figured out and all back together and working. My back is still very sore but I was smart enough to haul out my back brace which I haven't used in 2 years and wear it.

Off to scouts this evening. Tomorrow I have to haul the snowblower to town and do the driveway at the old house. We finally have a conditional offer on it. The conditions should be lifted this week with a February closing date.

rugerman

Physical therapy this morning, wore me out, hoping this will give my legs back so I don’t need a walker, and I have some stamina, no pain no gain.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Physical therapy this morning, wore me out, hoping this will give my legs back so I don’t need a walker, and I have some stamina, no pain no gain.

Same here, use the walker more than a cane. PT has helped some and I just got a Cubii seated elliptical machine to see if it helps.

https://www.cubii.com/products/cubii-jr

Interviewed a new primary care physician today. He thinks he was interviewing me:). Good news is he passed with flying colors!

rugerman

Jim I hope that helps, during my long stay in the hospital where my fistula in my right arm kept blowing out where I was told to basically be a vegetable to keep it from blowing out again, I lost the strength in my legs and core, my exercise bike has not brought that back, of course my arthritis hasn’t helped so now I go to physical therapy to try to get my body back in good enough shape so I can walk unaided and with enough stamina that I don’t feel that I am going to get stranded if I don’t have a walking aid.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim I hope that helps, during my long stay in the hospital where my fistula in my right arm kept blowing out where I was told to basically be a vegetable to keep it from blowing out again, I lost the strength in my legs and core, my exercise bike has not brought that back, of course my arthritis hasn’t helped so now I go to physical therapy to try to get my body back in good enough shape so I can walk unaided and with enough stamina that I don’t feel that I am going to get stranded if I don’t have a walking aid.

I won’t know if it helps until I try it for a while. The PT really helped when I first got out of the hospital last time but there hasn’t been much improvement the last couple of months.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Same goes for me. Pt was helping but after 4 years of it, it has plateaued. I was going 3 times a week at first. Now I'm going once every 2 weeks. Has it helped? Sure. But it's more of a maintenance thing than an improvement thing.

I rarely go anywhere without a cane. When I go to the gym, I use 2 arm crutches for additional support. I have a walker and also a wheelchair for the really bad days. Most evenings I'm using the walker as during the day I go go go nonstop as it helps to keep moving the muscles. After supper I hit a brick wall and can't move anymore. My back stiffens to the point of locking up. And my legs tense up like rigamortis.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm looking out the window today, at the weather which cannot discern what it wants to do.
Sunny or cloudy with biting cold rain.
Warm or cold at the freezing divide
Is it snowing or raining, it cannot seem to decide.

I know now why it is called "Mother " nature and not father; and the reasoning to!
The climate embellishes the female trait of indecision, aggravation and pain.
Whether to be cold as winter ice or warm with lovely flowerings.
All whilst a man like me holds hope for a moment of spring.

For the record women are so like that.
And it's a suffering I will endure but...;
I am sooooooo done with winter.:hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Woohoo!
Finally a day off.
I'm meeting Jules and Cieregan downtown for coffee and quiche brunch.
Banking, grocery shopping then home.
I'm making an Italian dish for dinner this evening.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wrote out payroll checks to myself and my daughter. In order to avoid ObamaCare plans I decided to set up a new corporation last year, employ myself and my daughter, and then buy a high quality private health insurance plan instead of the "exchange" plans that are offered in my state.

So I have a property management business (fortunately I own income property) and it buys my health insurance, which it provides to me, my wife and my daughter, as a benefit of employment. All very legal. It actually costs me money in extra taxes, but I get a better health insurance policy with a lower deductibles/co-pays at a similar price to the exchange policies, which have huge deductibles, higher co-payments and do NOT cover the insulin and insulin pump that my daughter uses to control her diabetes.​

I also chased 2 goats back into their yard. I was driving down the road about a mile from my house and noticed 2 goats grazing alongside the road. That seemed odd. They were near an open gate that I always see closed. Doubled back and parked. Exited the car and 1 of the goats ran into the fenced area. The other looked at me. I walked toward it and it started to bray, I said SHOO and it turned toward the gate. Got both comfortably inside the gate and pulled it closed. Not sure who the owner is, never met them. Figured it would be the right thing to do. On my way back home from running errands I noticed the 2 goats were still behind the gate but were now joined by a flock of chickens. I never see animals in the front fenced yard ... it always looked like they were kept in the back. I'm now wondering if there was a family emergency?

Heading to the fencing club this evening. We had a special practice at the school this afternoon with a guest coach. I skipped the practice. Never committed to actually attending, and this morning I emailed the other coach to say I wouldn't make it. Given that there was a guest coach I really didn't have much that I was going to do anyway so I gave myself a break.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just got a full injection treatment for the varicose veins in my leg.

Saw my family doctor earlier today to get the results of the ultrasound I had a couple weeks ago due to the stomach problems I have been having. Looks like I have a gallstone starting up due to the fact that the bile ducts in my liver were damaged in my accident 5 years ago. So I'm getting a ct scan soon to confirm then possibly surgery to remove the gallbladder.

When it rains it pours. Always something.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You're going to feel soooo much better when you get the gall bladder removed, Brian.
I sure did.

Made Italian sausage meatballs over linguine for dinner.
Yum yum!
20200129_163942-768x768.jpg

20200129_164517-768x768.jpg

20200129_171922-768x768.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I hope this is the cause of the pain I've been having since about April 2019. Since then, I just can't eat. I often feel bloated and constipated. Frequent sharp pain right under my right rib cage. Uncontrolled vomiting a few times without warning. I never even considered it. The ct scan should confirm it though then we can formulate a game plan.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope this is the cause of the pain I've been having since about April 2019. Since then, I just can't eat. I often feel bloated and constipated. Frequent sharp pain right under my right rib cage. Uncontrolled vomiting a few times without warning. I never even considered it. The ct scan should confirm it though then we can formulate a game plan.

I'm not a doctor but I used to play one on weekends.
Your symptoms point directly to gall bladder failure.
You may wake one night in extreme pain with that organ having a severe infection. I am told it is worse that passing a stone and would suggest an aggressive attempt to get this addressed before then. Once so damaged, it must be removed. Hopefully minor surgery can keep it on line.

Some people do well after losing the gallbladder. Some don't. If you like pork products, ham, sausage and bacon, you'll want to keep that puppy.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm going to Council Bluffs to see VP Pence today. Hopefully I can get a picture to share with y'all.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not much today.

Planning to cook some corned beef and cabbage. I've been craving it for a couple weeks. Today is the day :hammer:

I also have high school fencing practice this afternoon.

I'm going to Council Bluffs to see VP Pence today. Hopefully I can get a picture to share with y'all.

That would be awesome! :weneedpic

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, we made it to the cabin yesterday, I was expecting a lot of snow as have been postponing trips due to snow covered mountain roads. When we got here we found it to be just like the last time. 2.5 miles of rough muddy forest road then a couple miles of wet snow( deep in some spots and bare in other spots ) the rest of the way. The Suzuki worked fine even with a full load ( about 500# in the bed of generator, cooler and everything else pulling a sled full of wood then me the wife and the dog ) didn't even have to engage the lockers. We are going back out to town this morning as I forgot my tool bag and glasses in the truck and when I made coffee this morning I used the last of it. I will take some pictures and post them now that I have a hot spot on my phone I am able to use my laptop up here. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not a doctor but I used to play one on weekends.
Your symptoms point directly to gall bladder failure.
You may wake one night in extreme pain with that organ having a severe infection. I am told it is worse that passing a stone and would suggest an aggressive attempt to get this addressed before then. Once so damaged, it must be removed. Hopefully minor surgery can keep it on line.

Some people do well after losing the gallbladder. Some don't. If you like pork products, ham, sausage and bacon, you'll want to keep that puppy.

I can eat just about anything now that I no longer have one, but yes it varies with many people.
I'll never forget the pain of pancreatitis, then a fully inflamed gall bladder.
Tried to blame it on an ulcer for years, knowing full well what was likely the cause.
When the whites of my eyes turned yellow and my urine looked like strong tea.. uh oh.

I'm working today.
I think the Jewish mafia have cleared out lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Everything I've been reading is pointing to the gallbladder. We'll get it sorted out.

Today, I'm feeling like an old man. Lmao. Taking my oldest son for his beginners driver's test.

Up here, we have a graduated licensing system. You write the beginners then spend a year learning how to drive with a licensed driver in the vehicle. Then you do a road test. If you pass, you have a g2 license which allows you to drive without a licensed driver beside you and 3 other passengers. After a year, you do another road test and if you pass, you get a full license. Driver's education cuts down the time and improves your insurance ratings. He's starting driver's ed next week.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, we made it to town and back, Tomorrow want to go higher to some deeper snow. We will be here until Saturday. During the day its pretty warm out feels 50"s. I will take some more pics. tomorrow.Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0555-2.jpg
    IMG_0555-2.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 52

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's a toss up right now. Either I'm driving 2 hours to go look at a car with my son or I'm going to the gym then physio.

Our oldest boy has been working for a few months now and already saving up to buy his first car at age 15. A friend of ours is selling a low mileage 1999 Pontiac grand am for cheap. It might be sold already. We're just waiting to hear back then we can go see it if it didn't sell.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Repeat of most days.

Fencing practice at the high school in the afternoon.

Working around the house this morning.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I acutally got to have about a one minute conversation with him about Veterans. He's VERY pro-Military and Veterans!

View attachment 122383

View attachment 122384

Wow Lenny!
How cool.
Next you'll be meeting the President for coffee.
Lol
Really, that's awesome.
:smile:

I'm trying to wake up after not sleeping well.
Bad day yesterday at work.
We won't go there.
Today I'm off.
Recoup and recover for the weekend!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Finally got the JEEP back today. You know, the one we bought last November and has been in the shop for two months. New Tranny, new computer, a bunch of little stuff.

And I thought all that was wrong was a bad video screen on the dash and a stuck glove box.
CarFax scored it at 80.
Dealer had a good reputation.
Oh well.

I'm gonna drive it about 150 miles today and will make sure it doesn't go into limp mode again. Then we can take it to Springfield for the week end, and possibly out to our Ozark ranch property.

Right now I have my right leg up on a pillow. Took my morning run and the damn thing went out. Hasn't happened in years, but today,,Ouch. It's an old injury from my teen years. Compounded by an argument I held with a packaging machine at work. Mostly just a minor aggravation.

Not today. I can put weight on it but cannot walk without severe cramping in the calf muscle. Aspirin would make it worse so I might have to resort to the golden liquid cure of Scotland.

Do you know why the Scottish invented whisky? So the Irish could never rule the world.

Don't laugh....

So far, it seems to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.