• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We spent the day up in our private spot up in the mountains. We layed on sheets in 70 degree weather with a warm breeze while the kids played in the dirt. It costs no money and it was the most fun and relaxing time we have had in a long time.. :)

Sounds like a good day :clap:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
shut my eyes 4 a few-- then my landlord went iso of me, actually drank, then my bar-manager/pal, my best pal, & 2 others gave me calls-- well, anyhow, 4 ppl were looking 4 me--
then snug snoozin' 'til my joel shows-- he brought me my angry orchard--
so sluggish; see yins

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, my wife has referred me to the University of Vermont Rehab Center to more PT on my foot. My podiatrist concurred so this afternoon I start the next chapter in this left foot saga of mine.

Other then that just weathering out the heat wave. Supposed to be close to 100 today with a heat index of 110 or more. 72 indoors so not bad.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I wrangled 2 toddlers in a bubble bath.
Helped their Mommy take a shower.
Made grilled cheese for lunch, made 8 phone calls and wish I had some scotch.
:yum:

Just kidding (the scotch).
I'll settle for iced tea, been drinking it by the gallon.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Have some legal estate matters to take care of in Poland.
So, our marriage needs to be recognized in Poland in order to finalize everything, since my wife uses my last name.
First step, visit cook county clerk's office to get certified copies of our marriage license and my birth certificate. Was expecting a dmv type wait. Walked in the door, walked up to the open window, and within 2 whole minutes, was out of there.
Wow.
Next step was to go downtown Chicago to the Secretary of States office there to get those documents certified via appostile. Found 17 north state after walking past it once, up to room 1010, and within ten minutes it was all done.
So, wtf is wrong with government these days, this should have taken at least two trips and a hotel stay.

And now it's time for frozen raspberry margaritas....

Attachments

• 15305705434871735641922.jpg
    15305705434871735641922.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 68

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
this place keeps texting me to audition 4 this movie, so during my weak phase, finally gave them my info-- i'll see

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
this place keeps texting me to audition 4 this movie, so during my weak phase, finally gave them my info-- i'll see

Remember us all when you're rich and famous.
;) :flowers:

I was up half the night with a teething toddler.
2a, 4a, 6a at which time I said to heck with it and brought her in to Nana's bed.
Rocked her and sang itsy bitsy spider over and over.
Finally she slept til 8.
Now she's sitting with her Mommy dozing.

Tonight's the fireworks here and some other shindig across the road at the park.
I'll hear and see some of those tho it's just campers who'll be doing them there.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Have some legal estate matters to take care of in Poland.
So, our marriage needs to be recognized in Poland in order to finalize everything, since my wife uses my last name.
First step, visit cook county clerk's office to get certified copies of our marriage license and my birth certificate. Was expecting a dmv type wait. Walked in the door, walked up to the open window, and within 2 whole minutes, was out of there.
Wow.
Next step was to go downtown Chicago to the Secretary of States office there to get those documents certified via appostile. Found 17 north state after walking past it once, up to room 1010, and within ten minutes it was all done.
So, wtf is wrong with government these days, this should have taken at least two trips and a hotel stay.

And now it's time for frozen raspberry margaritas....
This is actually a bad omen. Somewhere in the process, downstream, it will be bad :unsure:

Karma never quits. Ever!:yum:

Life must have balance:thumbup:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
This is actually a bad omen. Somewhere in the process, downstream, it will be bad :unsure:

Karma never quits. Ever!:yum:

Life must have balance:thumbup:

Yes, it never quits. Already.

So, make an appointment with the consulate. But lo and behold, her maiden starts with a z. Well, there's two types of z.in Poland, one like ours and one with a.little apostrophe above it.her birth certificate does not have the apostrophe, everything else does.
So now, we have to get a new birth certificate from this small town in Poland before we can get our marriage recognized in Poland.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to pack a bag this evening and get away for a few days.
I'm worn out and need a breather.
Believe it.
I won't be on the forums for possibly up until Sunday evening.
Ali's Mother and aunt can do this for a while.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to pack a bag this evening and get away for a few days.
I'm worn out and need a breather.
Believe it.
I won't be on the forums for possibly up until Sunday evening.
Ali's Mother and aunt can do this for a while.

Stay safe, have fun
:thumbup::slider3:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The crew traded today off for a three day week end. Most everyone showed up for a regular day's work.

I may buy them lunch.

Tonite we watch the city fireworks from the company parking lot. I hope the skeeters are too bad. Rain and heat brings them out. We had a lot of both lately.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The skeeters have been terrible here for 3 days. It's rained pretty much every day. Thunderstorms and lightning on and off.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Set off a couple of rounds for the 4th with my old 3/4" bore pyrodex powered cannon awhile ago. I just use wadded paper towel for wads. It's about as loud as the airbursts in commercial fireworks.
The little neighborhood kids love it!!
Mike

Angelface

Dead today.. my stupid neighbor and her drunk friends who decided to have fireworks and a party at midnight.. in their driveway just a few feet from our bedroom window.. I want to slap her.. some people do have to be up early for work the next day..

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Just a couple of pretty lame pops for fireworks around here. They were over in 15 minutes. The dog didn't even mind. Hot as blazes though.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got home last night after fireworks to find the 10 year old Maytag Frig in the garage had given up in the heat. We keep our SHTF supplies in the freezer plus about 30 lbs of meat. Top half is for milk, juices and beer. Fortunately the 1953 Montgomery Wards Chest freezer (100% American built) was still running so we put it all in their.

Luckily the beer was still cool. So that went in the commercial Frig we have in the kitchen.

Got to bed at 1:00 AM in time for about 4 hours sleep. Plant opened this morning with everyone there. WOW! Good thing though because a full 53' trailer backed up with a dumped load. We have to hand restack and stretch wrap 27 pallets of laundry soap.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's the main thing. The beer was still cold. Our hydro was out at camp most of the day yesterday so tragically my outside beer fridge didn't stay cold in the heat. I did my best to empty it throughout the day though. [emoji6] Power finally came on at midnight so it should be cold today.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
That's the main thing. The beer was still cold. Our hydro was out at camp most of the day yesterday so tragically my outside beer fridge didn't stay cold in the heat. I did my best to empty it throughout the day though. [emoji6] Power finally came on at midnight so it should be cold today.

My compliments on your gallantry. I trust the casualties were minimal.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
went to mkt. district 4 my groceries, hm--gave my Mom a dial, as well as bar-guy to see if he's yet pouring drafts (he's not, soon, tho)-- tresses & brows hafta get once-overs, & my place is getting its once-over, too~`

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the surgeons office for another follow up on my fractured hip. It's been about 6-7 weeks ago since I broke it. X-rays shows things are healing like they should. I asked why I was in more pain now than a few weeks ago. He explained that they used a nail through the two bones to keep them in alignment. Then they ran a screw through a bar and into the nail to hold it in place. The pain I'm feeling is the screw backing out a little. He said that's normal and no reason to worry. I don't go back to see him for another 6 weeks.
Damn this hurts. I gave up Percosets weeks ago. Not getting hooked on that crap. No position is comfortable when I'm trying to sleep. At least I've graduated from a walker to a cane, which he felt was remarkable. But still unable to walk too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.