• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, I'm busy too.
19 days from now I'll be in Napoleon, Ohio.
New apartment all by myself, full time job and getting my life back again.
I'm gonna miss these babies.
But not the hassle of feeling like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.
It's going to be good.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah, I'm busy too.
19 days from now I'll be in Napoleon, Ohio.
New apartment all by myself, full time job and getting my life back again.
I'm gonna miss these babies.
But not the hassle of feeling like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.
It's going to be good.

Hope your not too far from the grandkids. Best wishes!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That'll be nice. You need independence and a consistent job. Helps keep the sanity.

No appointments today. Did some running around. Picked up a good used hiking backpack for one of the girls who is moving up to scouts next year. Might head out after the kids are gone to their day program at the boys and girls club to do some truck shopping. They go every day. Normally we have 7 kids. We're down to 3 for now with summer visits and summer camp etc. Next week we'll only have 2. So nice break.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Brian.
I just told a friend first thing I'm going to do first night alone again is enjoy something boozy lol
Then sit back and say aaaaaahhhh.
:yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, that was then.
This is now.
It's not my son, it's not the Granddaughters.
It's her.
They aren't even married yet and it's been 4 years.
He's told me 3 times since I've been here that he is never going to marry her.
What does that tell you?
Besides, he's still married to Aimee legally.
There is more to that which I cannot and will not share here.
There is also an 11 year age difference.
He's mature as a 35 y/o man should be.
She's of the "snowflake" generation.
Everybody owes her SOMETHING.
She's never wrong, knows it all and can't even raise her children properly.
I don't call sleeping all day, declaring " I am not some Suzy Homemaker, doesn't want to work etc etc etc a productive member of society, nevermind a good mother to my grandkids.
She sure had me fooled the first couple of months I was here.
Then I caught on real fast.
This environment isn't healthy.
At all.
But I'll endure until I'm no longer here.
Besides, I'll only be like less than 20 miles away.

She sounds a lot like my son's current "girlfriend." Which is why we have the grandchildren, and a friend, here for the entire summer. And the grand daughter will likely be here for life.
He is still married to their mother who left him over 4 years ago

I can relate.

So sorry to hear. Not just for you but for the children involved.
Be well and hopefully, sometime soon, you'll be happy.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
She sounds a lot like my son's current "girlfriend." Which is why we have the grandchildren, and a friend, here for the entire summer. And the grand daughter will likely be here for life.
He is still married to their mother who left him over 4 years ago

I can relate.

So sorry to hear. Not just for you but for the children involved.
Be well and hopefully, sometime soon, you'll be happy.
Wow is all I can say about your situation.
Yes, you can relate.

I am happy. I'm a happy person by nature, but this is something that I can't fix.
It was broken to begin with.
Hardest thing I'm going to have to do is walk out of this house knowing I won't be greeted with hugs and kisses each morning by those babies.
After that it's their life.
I'll visit occasionally, but made it crystal clear that I won't be available to babysit unless I have free time.
It's the way it has to be.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent a few hours this morning at the local hospital having an outpatient procedure done. Cardiologist put in an Implantable Cardiac Monitor under the skin on my chest. It monitors and records my heart rhythm over a 24 hour period. Every night at Midnight it will send the information to my Dr. I have to sleep within about 6 feet from the console which is on my bedside table.
Actual procedure time was 5-10 minutes. The incision is so small, they didn't even use stitches, just steri strips and an outer dressing. This thing is tiny, maybe 2" long, 1/4" wide and 1/8" high. They numb the area and put a probe in to loosen up the tissue. Then a syringe of sorts pushes it in just under the surface of the skin. I will be able to feel it once the dressing comes off.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Why did they do an inserted one vs a Holter Jerry?
The Holter's can be a pain.
Maybe that's why.

I'm doing okay.
Ty was out until after 4am at an accident.
He just woke up after getting some much needed sleep.
He towed the car here until he can get it at the shop.
Car is a mess.
The woman lived.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Why did they do an inserted one vs a Holter Jerry?
The Holter's can be a pain.
Maybe that's why.

It's much more convenient I'd suppose. No wires, no monitor around my neck 24/7. This one can be read wirelessly without having to go to the office.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't been fishing for over 35 years. Used to Trout fish and sometimes go for Largemouth bass. Always liked Bluegill, bacon and eggs for breakfast whenever I was in the woods.

I imagine my flylines are all dry rotted hanging in the garage since the seventies like that. Heirlooms from a slower time in my life when I worked for "THE MAN" and complained, through my ignorance, of what THE MAN was doing to keep me employed.

Two weeks ago, while sitting on the sailboat my 12 year old grandson complained his dad didn't take him fishing. So last nite we bought a Zebco and some tackle. Then came the tackle box.

Jessie seemed pretty pleased. But then we bought the best item for carrying his pole and tackle box. A fourteen foot lake canoe. Today and tonite we will be tying ropes into anchor Rhodes, stern and bowlines. And getting the "Blue Falcon" as he named her, ready for Lake Stockton.
It has a square stern so, eventually, we can mount a trolling motor.

Many of the small lakes in Connecticut do not allow large motors so with this rig he and his dad can go fishing there instead of the CT river where the cabin cruiser is docked.

Mean while he and Grandpa can do Lake Stockton and maybe some of the cold clear rivers in southern MO.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dropped the lovely Mrs_Bob off at Physical Therapy a while ago, came home to let the dogs out. On my way back to get her from PT shortly and then drive up to Chicago to meet Melen for dinner.

We are planning to eat at The Asian Cajun. Its one of those "fusion" restaurants, its located just outside the edge of Chinatown. Friend of mine told me about it and loves it. Its not terribly far from Melen's apartment (12 blocks) so we are planning to walk to the restaurant.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ptsd sucking the life out of me today. One of those days I just want to crawl into a corner and hide. Splitting headache. Lots of things triggering me. Sore. Feel like crap. Hopefully you all are having a good one.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I hope today finds you feeling better, Brian.

I'm up having my coffee in wonderful silence.
Ty got called to a rollover crash on 24 and 109.
Oh and we got one.
Stay away from the ducks, varmint!
It's not dead, it's just exhausting itself trying to get free.
When I first saw it this morning I thought it was digging a hole in the ground, then I went out there.

20180720_072331.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Much better today. Thx.

I figured I'd start off the day on a good note by playing guitar for an hour.

Getting ready for camp this evening when the lovely missus gets home from work. We had our oldest foster daughter enrolled in a summer reading program. Today is the last day so I have been voluntold to go for a completion ceremony this afternoon.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Got my first batch of pellets all put away and just called to delay the next batch as we have what they are predicting as a solid week of rainy crappy weather. We are due after all the sunny hot weather over the past month.

Today, going for a stroll on the local rail trail and check out the progress they are making on connecting the gaps in the trail (mostly lost bridges). I am hoping to go 4-5 miles, but my foot and leg will be the judge of that. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to get my hair and nails done this afternoon and check out the roundabout they are building south of town.
Everyone around here freaking out over a small roundabout.
I told one lady at the store last week, I used to live in West Yorkshire, England.
You'd lose your mind driving Tingley to get on the M62.
She just looked at me Lol

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to get my hair and nails done this afternoon and check out the roundabout they are building south of town.
Everyone around here freaking out over a small roundabout.
I told one lady at the store last week, I used to live in West Yorkshire, England.
You'd lose your mind driving Tingley to get on the M62.
She just looked at me Lol

A little me time is needed every so often. :thumbup:

To me roundabouts are no big deal. Don't know about the ones overseas. Some of those look brutal.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
A little me time is needed every so often. :thumbup:

To me roundabouts are no big deal. Don't know about the ones overseas. Some of those look brutal.

Yes indeedy!

Tingley was the worst I ever encountered.
People always talked about spaghetti junction in Birmingham being bad, but it's not quite the same.
I drove in Wales where a lot of the signs are in Welsh.
I've also witnessed a car load of Pakistanis driving right OVER a roundabout. :hammer:
That one was smaller.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I like roundabouts. They make a lot of sense. I don't know whether to be surprised that Americans dislike them or that the British invented them.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Packing up for the weekend at the lake.

Jessie's new boat has a lot of gear to install for his fishing expeditions. lines, set cushions, paddles, a beer cooler, all necessities for proper passage.

Cathy bought two dock box kits for me to install on Saturday.

Between fishing with Jessie and carpentry chores much of Saturday is consumed with work. :hammer: I do hope that we finally get to sail on Sunday.:smile:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Best day ever, just me my son and daughter having fun bowling, drinking and eating shit, does not get better than that

Attachments

• IMG-20180720-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180720-WA0002.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG-20180720-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20180720-WA0008.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG-20180720-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180720-WA0000.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG-20180720-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20180720-WA0004.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 45

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Setup a temporary outdoor kitchen off the deck at camp. I picked up an older propane oven this week which will be used in the kitchen area so we can cook outside. The kitchen will be 10x12.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Hoping these kids want to nap soon so I can get the rest of the laundry done.
All the while, their mother is still in bed like a beached whale who couldn't care less.

Is it next month yet?
:rolleyes:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hoping these kids want to nap soon so I can get the rest of the laundry done.
All the while, their mother is still in bed like a beached whale who couldn't care less.

Is it next month yet?
:rolleyes:

Has she realized that you are actually leaving? :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
She's starting to sound like my ex. Lazy. I remember having to leave for 3 days for work training and getting a call from the school halfway through the first day asking where the kids were. She couldn't even drag her butt out of bed to send them to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.