• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac variator oil fill

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Who has the best method and container to get this job done? Been thinking about a squeeze bottle like a ketchup botttle, resturant style with at nipple end a hose could be slid over......

Just think some one here may have a good way to do this with minimal mess. Thanks in advance for your responces....

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the varriator is oild off the differential the best way to do this is with an inexpensive pump bought at nappa or carquest and i 1 quart oil bottle and just fill from the bottom it's tight but you can access the plug from the bottom

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
For situations like this I use a gear oil bottle with the tip and slide a piece of small plastic tubing over it. Real handy for a lot of equipment gearboxes as well. It lets you squeeze it into areas you can't get the bottle.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
first time I filled the tranny was with a funnel and a hose. Yesterday I used the pumper for gear oil .
If you read on Lyndon's suggestions he said some screw a street elbow on it with a plug.