• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier SW48's

sqdqo

Anyone who uses or has used a Bombardier SW48 or similar. Which plow system, Western or Bombardier's own provides the most clearance underneath for off season use in the woods? Either one more durable than the other? Can you use both a straight blade and V-blade with the same frame?

blystons

Being a newbie, I don't know how much help I will be. I have a 1988 SW48 with the straight blade. The blade goes way up - probably 2 ft or more, so the clearance issue is one of the mount and the rams underneath more than anything else. The plow is going to bang around a bit when up that high.

benz9

I have a '73 SW-48 with a straight plow. Only 2 inches of 1/2" steel brackets underneath. In the book, the frame is different for all 3 blades. I have quick disconnects on my plow so I've removed it for the summer. I may be able to provide scans if required....
Hope this helps.