• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The bunker

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Joe, haven't seen you around here much.

There's another thread (click HERE) where we discussed several of the things you've suggested.
I checked into paintball. It's too small.
For document storage, Iron Mountain is nearby and already has the entire market.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
You might be able to kill off the mold and spores by getting an industrial fogging machine and fog with something like a 900ppm quat solution.
This won't stop any new ones from growing, but should kill off what's there. And you don't want to be inside while fogging or you'll be a has-been.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We really don't have any (or much) mold.

The main thing I need right now is a floor scrubber. What little smell I have I think can be attributed to 15 years of dust settling on the floor.

PS. Thanks Junk for hooking me up on the air cleaners and BTW, the tetnis (sp) shot didn't hurt but they said I could be sore for a couple days. The soreness didn't happen.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
This is what the Air Sponge Odor Absorber looks like when it is used up. This is the one pound tub and all that is left of it... The top picture is the what is left when it dries out. The second picture shows the charcoal granules that are mixed throughout the "sponge" and how they migrate to the bottom of the sponge when it is used up.

Attachments

• MVC-266S.JPG
    MVC-266S.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 150
  • MVC-267S.JPG
    MVC-267S.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 154

Deerlope

bczoom said:
I mentioned over at the other site that I was looking at purchasing a cold-war era communications bunker.
Still pursuing it.

Here's some general info.
- The shelter is approx. 22,000+ square feet (it's BIG!!!).
- At floor level, it's approx. 40-50' underground.
- Walls are concrete/steel/lead and are thick!!! Doors weigh close to 3 tons each (and that's a 36" wide door ).
- It was built to sustain close to 100 people for a year.
- It was built to be able to withstand a nuclear blast as close as 5 miles away.
- The infrastructure components are probably 90+% intact and include turbine generators, self contained water and sewer treatment, HVAC, air purification... Regular system tests were performed until about 3 years ago.
- Construction was completed in 1971 and site was decomissioned in 1991.
- It appears that all of the "big ticket" potential problem areas for conversion have been addressed. (There's no asbestos, 2 stair wells, limited sprinkler system...).
- It was designed primarily as a communications site. The place is absolutely loaded with electrical capabilities.
- The main room is approx. 150'x 80'. There's several other rooms for the equipment as well as a medical office/decontamination center, conference room, bathrooms, a couple offices...
- With no heat or AC, the temp stays between 65-69 degrees (depending on season).

Jumpin mice you couldn't afford the elect bill for a month and don't say anything about maintaining it for a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Deerlope said:
Jumpin mice you couldn't afford the elect bill for a month and don't say anything about maintaining it for a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just don't turn on anything more than I need. If I just use lights and stuff, the ele. bill is pretty reasonable. When we kick on the big things (e.g. 10hp motors), it kicks up the demand meter pretty high and then the bill goes way up.

dzalphakilo

Banned
Deerlope said:

I'd figure if he REALLY needs to use it and people are begging to get in, he won't have to worry about the elctric bill!:D

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Brian.......Why does the entire bunker look like a scene straight out of the "LOST" series on TV ? Where is the weapons room & the food cache ?? (you're holding out on us aren't you ? )

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Never saw "Lost".

You know I can't talk about the cache of "stuff". :rolleyes: