• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The GOP Base Is Done Tolerating RINO Collaboration With The Democrats Kurt Schlicht

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The GOP Base Is Done Tolerating RINO Collaboration With The Democrats
Kurt Schlichter|Posted: May 16, 2019 12:01 AM

https://townhall.com/columnists/kur...ino-collaboration-with-the-democrats-n2546315

The stupid Beltway GOP Establishment, but I repeat myself, is finally standing firm on something – unfortunately, what it is standing firm on is its failure to listen to its own base. The base is woke and the Establishment’s a joke. I speak to a lot of conservative groups of various types and flavors: hardcore tea partiers, patriotic vets, loyal radio listeners, besieged students, brass New Yorkers, even rich country club types who you would think were into Jeb! – you know, diversity. And lately, I’ve tended to start off my talks by posing this question:

“Okay, who here agrees with me that the left wants us enslaved or dead?”

Every hand goes up.

Every single one of them.

That’s our base.

Folks, our base is hella woke.

And they love Trump, because Trump has delivered the oven-fresh, piping hot conservatism they ordered.

Now, these were not all Trump fans from the get-go. The vast majority were initially like me – extremely suspicious and leery of the outrageous Manhattan tycoon. But, as I described in the first chapter of book Militant Normals, I came around because Trump delivered – something the GOP Establishment never did. Trump came through with the most conservative agenda of anyone since Reagan – maybe more conservative than even St. Ronnie – and he won me over. And he won the base over. They love him.

Love him.

He fights.

He wins.

The Establishment never does either.

So, we’re now two years into what we hope will be eight years of awesomeness. The GDP is exploding. We’re rebuilding our military yet avoiding more idiotic wars that the geniuses in DC thought were a great idea for us and our kids to get killed fighting with our hands tied behind our backs. We have scores of new judges and have rolled-back bushels of regulations. Unemployment – for every kind of American – is setting record lows not seen since Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit tried to rock a miniskirt. And the constitutional abomination that was the soft coup disguised as a scandal was finally blown out of the water by a gravely disappointed Robert Mueller.

It appears the situation might be resolved, but it never should have arisen. With the party unified and rising in the polls, and the fake RUSSIA! scandal finally behind us so we can move forward with the conservative agenda we were promised, what do the Fredocon jerks of the GOP Establishment do?

What they always do.

Screw everything up.

You probably don’t know Senator Richard Burr (R-Chamber of Commerce), because he’s utterly undistinguished in everything except his total commitment to doing the bidding of his corporate donor masters in service of reinforcing the Establishment’s grip on power. He allegedly represents North Carolina, but he is actually the Distinguished Gentlemen from Open Borders.

And he’s a sap.

He’s chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee – go ahead and insert your own oxymoron joke – and it was with him that Donald Trump, Jr., agreed to give 20+ hours of testimony about the whole bogus RUSSIA TREASON EMOLUMENTS TRAITOR COLLUSION lie on the condition that his testimony was once and done. In the end Mueller, who would have gleefully charged Don Jr. with anything he could have found or invented charged Don Jr. with nada. So, after Mueller reluctantly put a stake in the heart of this garbage scandal – because you know Mueller and his pack of Democrats was slobbering at the thought of a Trump scalp – what did Burr decide to do?

1.Celebrate the total exoneration of the President of the false charges made against him by Democrats and their lying mainstream media transcriptionists?

Or

2.Decide to play along with the Democrats’ craven and malicious effort to keep the lie alive by subpoenaing Don Jr. to testify again about claims made by Federal Convict #86626, aka Michael Cohen, currently a resident of the old stoney lonesome for lying to Congress, as part of an attempt to frame the President’s son for perjury?

“Well, gosh,” you might think, “Only a Democrat-collaborating hack, or slack-jawed idiot, or both, would choose Option Two,” but then you remember we’re talking about an Establishment bot like Richard Burr.

Of course, the usual cruise ship conservative crewmembers gathered on the Lido Deck to opine that this was all perfectly legit and just fine and gee, how could anyone imagine that what is manifestly a perjury trap designed to revitalize a failed bogus narrative could be a perjury trap designed to revitalize a failed bogus narrative? Why, we should defer to our wonderful institutions because the people who run our insitutions only want what’s best for us.

Except our institutions are garbage.

There’s our lesson from the last two years. The ruling class that runs them ran the institutions not for our benefit but for its own, to preserve its own power and position. The institutions and those running them are entirely responsible for our legitimate contempt – they deserve no respect, no deference and no obedience.

That’s the feeling of the GOP base, DC insiders. You might consider interacting with some DC outsiders sometime because you don’t seem to get it. The base is furious. And now this North Carolina nitwit decides to side with the Democrats against the base just as we were all finally coming together? Does anyone think the base will just shrug it off?

This kind of nonsense is just part and parcel of what Never Trump is. See, though Burr is apparently not running again in four years, he’s laboring under the delusion that by then America will come to its senses and welcome him and his gooey ilk back into unchallenged power. He’s counting on some sort of Establishment payback down the road – a nice job on K Street, an appointment as the token GOP Secretary of Mediocrity for President Creepy Joe, or maybe some CNN hits along with Ana Navarro. He’s burnishing his credentials as one of the Republicans the ruling class can always count on to submit and obey.

He’s Mitt Romney without the dog tormenting. BTW, Mitt was last seen voting against a federal judge nominee because of True Conservatism™ or something.

Never Trump is just another flavor of narcissism, and Burr’s selfishness will shaft the rest of his Senate colleagues most of all in 2020. He doesn’t care – and he expects the Senate collegiality he is ignoring as he hurts his team will protect him from the blistering criticism he deserves from other Republicans. Pity poor Thom Tillis, North Carolina’s other senator. Most of us already suspect he’s squishy. Tillis has to run in 2020 and now Burr’s brought this Schiff-storm down on him. Burr’s behavior was bad enough that Tillis offered tweets in protest, which is a big deal among senators. When Tillis loses, he can thank his good buddy Burr the Blue Falcon.

Other senators better tighten-up and turn on the pressure. Martha McSally faces a tough run next year – where is she on this? John Cornyn? Better surf the zeitgeist, and the zeitgeist is all about fighting back. I give Mitch McConnell (who Hugh Hewitt accurately assesses as the best GOP Senate majority leader in a century) a pass, since he has to wrangle a Senate caucus composed of both sissy weak-hearts and sturdy heroes, and he needs to fight this fight his way even if we don’t fully appreciate his moves right now. But you know Cocaine Mitch must be livid at Burr; down the road, that tool will be saying “Hello” to Mitch’s little friend.

We’re woke to the Burrs too, and sooner or later we are going to purge them all.

Want to experience exactly what the left would do if given a monopoly on power? Check out my action-packed yet super-snarky novels about the United States’ split into red and blue, People's Republic, Indian Country and Wildfire. The squishes will tell you my vision could not possibly be true. The hacks who sank the garbage scow flagship of Conservative, Inc, TheWeekly Standard, call my books “appalling.” Could there be any better recommendation?