• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cherokee Woman Blasts Elizabeth Warren:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Cherokee Woman Blasts Elizabeth Warren: 'We've Asked Her to Stop' Claiming Our Ancestry

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/01/...beth-warren-claiming-native-american-ancestry

A Cherokee woman joined Jesse Watters to criticize Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) for refusing to back down on her claim of Cherokee ancestry.

Watters said Warren was recognized by Harvard University as their first minority female faculty member after the 68-year-old applied to the job as a Native American.

"As a mixed Native woman, I get to relive the stereotypes that Warren perpetuates every day," Rebecca Nagle of Oklahoma told Watters.

"I'm not 'part-Cherokee', I am Cherokee," she said. "[We're] not bit fractions of imagined Indians that used to exist. [Warren should] take responsibility for her false claim."

Watters pointed out that Trump too has called out Warren for claiming Cherokee ancestry.

"I call her Pocahontas, and that's an insult to Pocahontas," he recently said. "She's a hopeless case."

However, Nagle also criticized Trump for using Pocahontas' name in a political discussion, saying that the Powhatan princess is not the Disney character many people know.

She said Pocahontas was kidnapped by English settlers and died at 21.

Warren's senatorial election opponent, Dr. V.A. Shiva Ayyadurai (I-Mass.), who is an immigrant from India has played off her claims, calling himself the "real" Indian in the race.

I'm deeply saddened @SenWarren refused my thoughtful (gift-wrapped) Birthday Gift: the 23&me DNA Test Kit. Most unfortunate!

In 2017, Ayyadurai posted photos of an Amazon shipping receipt for a DNA test he sent to Warren's Cambridge address as a birthday gift.Ayyadurai said Warren later sent the package back "return-to-sender."