• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

"Value priced" Kioties?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have not checked too much lately, but in Indiana the Kioti pricing was very close to Big 3 brands a year ago. There have been numerous reports on TBN that Kioti prices are very similar to the name brand machines in several regions. The one area where Kioti still seems to have a substantial price advantage seems to be all through New England and down into Pennsylvania. The reason seems to be that the Big 3 dealers, with the possible exception of Messicks, won't discount their tractors below "list" price.

I'd bet there are always going to be pockets around the nation where there are hot prices for some brand or another. But it does seem that overall, over the past 12 to 18 months, the pricing of Kioti has slowly krept closer the Big 3 brands.

What was a bargain 2 or 3 years ago, now seems to be in price parity today.

The Kioti website has been featuring a banner for Value lately, but it is their antiquated LK tractor.

Anyone know when the DK 35/40 are going to be updated? Those are nice machines, but have been unchanged for the past 5 or 6(?) years. They are getting pretty long in the tooth and while they have great capacities, their age is showing and their features and ergonomics are not up to par with the Big 3 anymore. When they were introduced they were very competitive, now they are far less so. Kioti modernized the larger DKs, but bypassed the 35/40. I wonder if they are coming out with completely new design for those?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
You're in luck Bob. You can get one of their new DK90's. :thumb: I heard that it will weigh around 30,000 pounds and be $25,000 less than a comparable CNH.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
You're in luck Bob. You can get one of their new DK90's. :thumb: I heard that it will weigh around 30,000 pounds and be $25,000 less than a comparable CNH.

I heard the same rumor but it was $30,000 less and weighed 25,000 pounds (with all 4 weights on the front bracket)

Jim

Viking

Site Supporter
They're going to be called Kinma's....:yum: .....LOL, I just kill myself sometimes...:D

LarryRB

Skurka says ,
The reason seems to be that the Big 3 dealers, with the possible exception of Messicks, won't discount their tractors below "list" price.
----------------------------
Yes, Messicks sells below list price, however, I do not consider them a "discount" dealer such as Corriher or Tarheel... THe dealers in New England, at least the vast majority of them, could sell like Messick and make a hell of a lot more gross income per year than they are doing presently.. They choose not to, and would rather sell three machines a year instead of three per week... This, is their choice, and I'll have you know that the dealers around here are the largest ones and most active, that cry wolf back to corporate hqtrs. Some dealers even brag about it... Today, just like car dealers,, the days of making a few thousand off each sale are long gone. Car dealers had to learn alternative ways, (some that I can't stand) how to bring up the gross numbers while losing the high nets of new car sales.... THe tractor dealers can do it too, if they want to learn new... Messick does it and proves it works well...