• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FORBES MAGAZINE: Obama-Nomics: Half Full, Half Empty, or Just Half Assed?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not a fan of Obama, everyone should know that pretty clearly by now, but I also think the title of this editorial piece is a bit over the top. It may be true, it may be accurate, but it shouldn't have passed the civility test of the editor.

LINK => http://news.yahoo.com/obama-nomics-half-full-half-empty-just-half-192431230.html
Obama-Nomics: Half Full, Half Empty, or Just Half Assed?
By James S. Henry | Forbes – Sat, Sep 3, 2011

Well – another day, another miserable US jobs report, another stock market retreat, and yet another Obama climb-down.

At least this time the climb-down was not induced by Speak Boehner’s shadow.

Spooked by the latest abysmal jobs numbers, the President suddenly decided to cave in to pressure from big business and withdraw the EPA’s proposed revisions in the (seriously outdated) 15-year old standards for US ozone emissions.

greenobama1-300x251.jpg

The new EPA regulations were only going to take effect in 2015. But apparently Obama felt the need to get a jump on the Congress with at least some kind of new “jobs" policy on his own – no matter how modest.

After all, it only amounts to saving a highly-uncertain number of non-green jobs that are probably not long for this world anyway, at the risk of exposing thousands of asthmatic children to dangerous levels of ozone.

“Green jobs” and “health care reform” indeed.

Of course the President did promise to review this policy climb-down in two years.

Does that commitment strike anyone else out there as just a little presumptuous?

Anyway, at least we now finally know for sure who President Obama will be running against next year.

Himself.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Kermit4.jpg
"It's not easy bein' green," seriously being good stewards of this planet is important but I am so sick of this catch phrase "green."

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
...seriously being good stewards of this planet is important...

I'm in total agreement, but how "green" is it when the US imposes such strict standards that it drives factories to foreign nations where the standards are MUCH lower and the same goods get produced in MUCH DIRTIER factories???