• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Another TBN HST v. Gear Brawl

DAP

Although civil, yet another 5 plus page of posts entitled HST v. Gear thread over "there". Is there a way we can moderate that topic OUT of FF?

:yum:

buy_25

Banned
That site is or has turned into a bunch of whiners and babies. Wait till the mods step in and give there 2 cents, or lack there of!!

If the clowns over there used the search they would see half the topics are the same crap time and time again.

JayC

Huh?
Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever uses the Search function over there. The HST Vs. Gear threads are like a moron that you don't like and yet they still insist on bugging you. If the people that start those threads would just search for it, they would find enough info to make their eyes bleed. :shiner:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
JayC said:
Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever uses the Search function over there. The HST Vs. Gear threads are like a moron that you don't like and yet they still insist on bugging you. If the people that start those threads would just search for it, they would find enough info to make their eyes bleed. :shiner:

I'd have to agree. After 6 months you start to see the repetition. After a year it starts to get annoying. I just surf for new projects which are less and less these days.

Just my observation. Your times to annoyance may vary. :whistle:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
It is my impression that the management of TBN doesn't want people to use the search feature, but rather that they keep repeating the same information. This keeps the post count up and the $$$$ coming in. If people were to use the search feature to find the answers, then they would be doing a lot less posting and a lot more reading. The other reason I believe is that they hope that new people will give a new slant on a old topic. That is why you see the same topics keep coming back and new people getting into answering them. The only one that I know that uses the search feature to any extent is LBrown59. He has been known to revive threads that are years old and make only a one word reply to them that makes no sense to any reasonably intelligent people.

buy_25

Banned
I agree. So far since over there,same crap different people. Look at the number of posts for any user. All nobs yet again. It is like a breeding ground...

the hot topics for years as I see it:

Amsoil any good?
Can I use Amsoil
Is Rotella good
Anyone use Royal Purple
how is Kubota Super UDT and UDT diff
Is walfart oil any good
XXX filter any good?
Is this coolant any good?
Power Service good?
Any shop manuals for XXXX model
China tractor this or that
XXX gear fluid
oil testing, but they can't standand basic stuff
Is this weight oil ok????
Price of this and that
Fuel going up (give me a break)

I think I added up 5 years of junk in what 16 lines? I think most times when I was posting over there, I could cut and paste the same info or links (to old topics). Then same morons would give there 2 cents worth (alot for them). I guess it makes them look smart!

But ha, you can buy a shirt or hat with a TBN logo on it. I would not use it as TP if I needed some! JOKE!:pat:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Duhhhh, I was one of those morons! ;)

gsxr1100, because of your posts I learned thet value of synthetic. I know I could've used the search function, but hey, you don't get post count that way. It's more fun to talk to someone about it than to read old threads which don't ask the exact same quesiton.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc said:
Duhhhh, I was one of those morons! ;)

gsxr1100, because of your posts I learned thet value of synthetic. I know I could've used the search function, but hey, you don't get post count that way. It's more fun to talk to someone about it than to read old threads which don't ask the exact same quesiton.

There's value in synthetic? :poke:

buy_25

Banned
I agree more fun but most times it is the anti-synthetic or too cheap to buy it or anything....Grows tiresome very quick.

Now off to email my Amsoil order before the price increase next month.

JayC

Huh?
Junkman said:
The only one that I know that uses the search feature to any extent is LBrown59. He has been known to revive threads that are years old and make only a one word reply to them that makes no sense to any reasonably intelligent people.

I love it when he does that!:yum::yum: If I recognize an old thread that pops up again, I know it is him.:yum:

Maybe we can hash it out here and see if we can do it in less than 11 pages.
Damn gearheads can't quit bashing us hydro freaks.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Keweenaw4310 said:
Damn gearheads can't quit bashing us hydro freaks.
Hey, I resemble that!!!

Actually, I have both. They're both fine with me...

Mark777

JayC said:
I love it when he does that!:yum::yum: If I recognize an old thread that pops up again, I know it is him.:yum:

...I remember him responding to a thread and said something like "My wife works for the state"...just out of the clear blue sky. I think it was Bob Skurka that followed with a post that said; "I like chocolate ice cream"...It went on for awhile, but it was a short, but very funny thread.

There is currently someone resurrecting old threads identical to his style on MTF and TF. He goes by LB59...must be a coincidence???

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Junkman said:
The only one that I know that uses the search feature to any extent is LBrown59. He has been known to revive threads that are years old and make only a one word reply to them that makes no sense to any reasonably intelligent people.

Amen
And I just recently realized he doesn't have a tractor. Bringing up the old posts for no reason really pissed me off sometimes. Maybe I'm easy?:pat:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bimp was suppose to mean "bump". This is to bring a thread back up to the front so people can see it again. I believe it was discussed here in another thread.

murph

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Mark777 said:
...........There is currently someone resurrecting old threads identical to his style on MTF and TF. He goes by LB59...must be a coincidence???

That is none other than the original LBrown59 from TBN. You will realize that when you read his posts or his profile. :pat:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Junkman said:
It is my impression that the management of TBN doesn't want people to use the search feature, but rather that they keep repeating the same information. This keeps the post count up and the $$$$ coming in.

The search function has not worked very well for days. Ibrahim keeps saying he is working on it but can't get it to work right. So yeah maybe he doesn't want to make it work.

murph

rico304

I use the search function, and I also ask questions. I think Junk said it as well, you miss out on information from new people. Even if the topic is the same, the answers can change. I for one agree to repost questions. I have said it before, that is how most everyone here met....by asking questions on TBN and another member here answered them. What seems old hat to you is not to another. Nothing wrong with asking again.
If we all used search function without posting questions, ALL websites that have been around for a while would be only that...search engines. It is the active forums that make it fun to go to. How many of you would be STILL looking at TBN if every repeat question was only searched instead of asked again? There aren't that many questions posted that we couldn't search and find.
I'm sure after ForumsForums has been here for a couple years, you would be able to search EVERYTHING/ANYTHING and find the answer. Many friendships would be lost, or have never been made.

buy_25

Banned
rico304 said:
I use the search function, and I also ask questions. I think Junk said it as well, you miss out on information from new people. Even if the topic is the same, the answers can change. I for one agree to repost questions. I have said it before, that is how most everyone here met....by asking questions on TBN and another member here answered them. What seems old hat to you is not to another. Nothing wrong with asking again.
If we all used search function without posting questions, ALL websites that have been around for a while would be only that...search engines. It is the active forums that make it fun to go to. How many of you would be STILL looking at TBN if every repeat question was only searched instead of asked again? There aren't that many questions posted that we couldn't search and find.
I'm sure after ForumsForums has been here for a couple years, you would be able to search EVERYTHING/ANYTHING and find the answer. Many friendships would be lost, or have never been made.

I agree sometime they could change...and I could win a million dollars. Sad part is, that most repeated topics have the same issue, same outcome just different clowns posting. Just look at all the topics I listed above and then go over to KBN and look. It is the same info. Most times the oil forum is filled with BS and people do not even know about oil. It is the "I have used it for year" or why would I change, etc. Ask them even how many test? Below 5%. Ask then what is in the oil, no Fing clue!

:drink: