• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

!@#$^%&%!

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
One of the damn steering knuckles broke on my Oliver!

It was apparently cracked for a while (half the break was rusty), and finally let loose today. The portion attached to the wheel spindle came off without a problem, but the castle nut on the tie rod won't budge. Headed off to the store to get a 1" impact socket (yeah, I can't believe I don't have one either...). Hopefully I can get the pieces welded tomorrow since I can't find them online anywhere.

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
you may have a hard time getting someone to weld a steering knuckle.the liability would be to high in my shop. post some pics and lets see whats going on.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You've had a day like me.

I went out this afternoon to use the little B2400. I did the usual checks and got ready to go but standing at the back of it something looked out of kilter. Staring at it, it suddenly struck me. The rear wheels had a different spacing. The left rear wheel had slackened off, broke the retaining bolt that runs through the axle and slid along the axle all the way up to the transmission case. I was lucky that it hadn't moved the other way or the darned wheel would have fallen off.

So, after jacking it up, finding a replacement retaining bolt, I can't believe that I actually had a spare, and retightening the big nut, I called it a day as far as tractor work was concerned. It had obviously been loose for a while because the the hole for the retaining bolt was kind of wallowed out. Maybe tomorrow we will actually get something done.

My fix was a lot easier than yours Dave. Good luck on getting it working again.

loboloco

I rebuilt the front end on a BG Minnie Mo one time. Kind of the same thing. If it couldn't be welded or rebuilt, I wound up having to fab the pieces.