• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Antique Steam Engine & Tractor Show

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The local fairgrounds is having an antique steam engine and tractor show. There were whole areas set up for old stationary engines, the featured brand for the tractors was FARMALL, but many different brands were represented. Not enough Oliver tractors to make me happy, but there were a few beauties from Oliver and several other brands.

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 3-1.jpg
    3-1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 3-2.jpg
    3-2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 60

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:smile:

Attachments

• 4-1.jpg
    4-1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 5-1.jpg
    5-1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 5-2.jpg
    5-2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 6-1.jpg
    6-1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 54

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:biggrin:

Attachments

• 7-1.jpg
    7-1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 7-2.jpg
    7-2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 6-2.jpg
    6-2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 54

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:flowers:

Attachments

• 8-1.jpg
    8-1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 8-2.jpg
    8-2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 51
  • 9-1.jpg
    9-1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 9-2.jpg
    9-2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 50
  • 10-1.jpg
    10-1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 50

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:w00t2:

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 10-1.jpg
    10-1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 48

Deerlope

We actually have a museum near here that is just getting started(2 years now) one item that was donated is a 100HP diesel engine, 2cyl, 2 cycle. Each piston is 13" in dia. It does run and is running when they have the 2 shows per year. It came from a nearby cheese box plant.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good stuff, Bob!! Was the crawler with the tiller wheel a Hold or was it Catterpillar??
That one is a HOLT crawler tractor.

We actually have a museum near here that is just getting started(2 years now) one item that was donated is a 100HP diesel engine, 2cyl, 2 cycle. Each piston is 13" in dia. It does run and is running when they have the 2 shows per year. It came from a nearby cheese box plant.
This is an annual event here and sadly we don't have a museum to highlight these machines. Most of them are owned by local/regional farmers who bring them in for the show. I was surprised as I walked around how many farm names I recognized. Even saw some of the farmers and their families who farm the fields around my property.

These are camera phone photos, I wish I had taken a real camera as some of these machines were museum quality. The McCormick Orchard tractor was simply astounding but I never found the owner to talk with about the machine. I couldn't get better photos because it was in a large open sided shed sandwiched between other tractors.

There were exhibits for stationary engines, and also for scale stationary engines. Didn't take pictures of those :sad: There were also demonstrations of corn husking, blacksmithing (several antique forges set up by a local blacksmithing group), hay bailing, etc all with antique equipment. They even had a large model train set up.

Its a nice size show. Not huge. There are plenty of bigger shows. But this one is sized just about right to spend an afternoon with your family. Lots of good food too.

Trakternut

:doh: I gotta watch my fingers, that was a HOLT tractor.

Holt and Best came together and their offspring is the Caterpillar company that we know now. The idea for a crawler is, actually, From a British contraption built by Hornsby. The originals were steam powered but, later, were powered by internal combustion.

The McCormick orchard tractor is a rare piece. Not many of those around anymore, though their Wheatland cousins abound as of yet.
Great pix, Bob!
You should sneak up to Rollag, Mn. over the Labor Day weekend. They've got more stuff than you can see in a day.