• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WAAAM car (cat) show July 8

Sno-Surfer

Hey folks, I've been prompted to post up about the WAAAM traffic jam car show held July 7 (cruise-in night) and July 8, main show day. I posted earlier about the vintage snowmobile show there on August 12 but after looking at my schedule I realized I'm going to be out of town.
This show is a pretty good one and would be larger than the snowmobile event. I know the sno cats would be a hit here and it's well worth a trip out to see the museum if you haven't already been out. They have a nice large grassy area for the show right outside the museum. This is a "living" museum where everything runs, flys or drives and you could easily spend all day looking around in there.
If anyone has any interest in coming out maybe we could do a BBQ afterward either at my house or maybe down at the waterfront park.
Here's a couple links to the museum and event poster.

http://www.waaamuseum.org/images/TJ17-Poster.jpg

http://www.waaamuseum.org/events-classes/traffic-jam

It would be great to have a little summer get together if there's some interest. Let me know if anyone has any interest. :smile:

Sno-Surfer

I would highly recommend for anyone to come with any machine. We'll call this an open invitation from the 500 club members. :smile::biggrin:

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Just curious. Since I have a 500 machine am I automatically a member?:) I would think about taking mine but I still do not have my interior done. I need some snow to motivate me to finish it

Sno-Surfer

You hold the golden 500 club ticket. Heck we might even let some of the 400 club members come this time.
Yours would be a nice addition. :smile:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
so, mr president of the 500 club,

since you are inviting something other a 500 machine come to, how about encouraging some them there snow-tracs to attend, yes, i am thinking jimmy vt, should load up and head on down, matter of fact, why not invite any and all snow cats to attend...great summertime get together...

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like a worker for orange paint as the address is 1600 Tucker road. Steel pontoons allowed too.

Sno-Surfer

Well of course anyone can come, don't be bashful! Kristis, snow tracks, snow planes and snow motors are all welcome!:clap:

Sno-Surfer

To encourage all summer sno catters, the Tucker 500 Club has decided to pay for ALL ENTRY fees and LUNCH for attending WAAAM event July 8. You don't need a Tucker either...
Now what's your excuse....Jimvt?
Anyone else interested??
Let's get together this summer. It's bound to be a good time. :whistling::biggrin:

Sno-Surfer

The 500 Club wants to host a meet and greet for breakfast before the event. :clap:
There is a great spot called Good News Gardening, they have a cafe located conveniently a mile from the event at 1086 Tucker :brows: Rd in Hood River. There is a large parking area across the st. We can meet there about 7-7:30am and have breakfast. The gates for the event open at 8am.

Here is the event poster with all the info.

http://www.waaamuseum.org/images/pdfs/TJ17-Poster-Back.pdf

(Hope that link works)

They've never had sno cats come and I think we'll have a lot of fun there. The museum is worth it alone. Heck you can even build a model T while we're there! :wow: (See poster).

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
If any of us decide to go does anybody know if there's going to be parking for our trucks and trailers?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
the Tucker 500 Club has decided to pay for ALL ENTRY fees and LUNCH for attending WAAAM event July 8. You don't need a Tucker either...
Now what's your excuse....
Anyone else interested??

WOW, That's quite an offer
I placed a add on the internet for free lunch about 800 have signed up :whistling:man what a offer :thewave:
I think redsqwl said he would pay for 1/2 :)

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
the Tucker 500 Club has decided to pay for ALL ENTRY fees and LUNCH for attending WAAAM event July 8. You don't need a Tucker either...
Now what's your excuse....
Anyone else interested??

WOW, That's quite an offer
I placed a add on the internet for free lunch about 800 have signed up :whistling:man what a offer :thewave:
I think redsqwl said he would pay for 1/2 :)

So? Does that mean, you have no excuses and will be there in Hood River, Really should have a Villa in Hood River. remember, no excuses...

Hey, bring red squirrel with you...

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
So? Does that mean, you have no excuses and will be there in Hood River, Really should have a Villa in Hood River. remember, no excuses...

Hey, bring red squirrel with you...

Would that mean I'm "in the hood" then? I dont think Bob Villa is going to make it. And really I'm kind of a private person. But I could be there and you would never know it, I've been known to do that before:clap:, then again you might notice me cuz, I'm really polite and kind of ulgy:wink:and I get stupid after to many Rum and Cokes :yum:I start buying things on the internet that's why I have cats in four states right now, well several countries if your counting :unsure:
As far as red squirrel he hiding hunting season getting close.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Would that mean I'm "in the hood" then? I dont think Bob Villa is going to make it. And really I'm kind of a private person. But I could be there and you would never know it, I've been known to do that before:clap:, then again you might notice me cuz, I'm really polite and kind of ulgy:wink:and I get stupid after to many Rum and Cokes :yum:I start buying things on the internet that's why I have cats in four states right now, well several countries if your counting :unsure:
As far as red squirrel he hiding hunting season getting close.

more thinking of Poncho Villa and Robin Hood, hey, the good, bad and the ugly are all welcome, and even the man of mystery...

sounds more like you are a crazy cat man, hoarding cats...:w00t2:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
more thinking of Poncho Villa and Robin Hood, hey, the good, bad and the ugly are all welcome, and even the man of mystery...

sounds more like you are a crazy cat man, hoarding cats...:w00t2:

Well I think that, hoarding, is a bit strong coming from the pontoon piranha,:smile:
Heard a story about a little visit to the land of ten thousand lakes :ermm:batten down the hatches, summon the dogs, all guards on code orange, the pontoon pulling excursion is coming down the road.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
"pontoon piranha" ouch mr. MN, that bites,:smile:

these missions, are cat rescues, with all the kitty's get a warm bowl of oil every night and the best of care, they are loved and with lots of attention...after years and years of a hard life and neglect...

and back to the invitation, for any and all sno-cats to come out to WAAAM next Saturday for a good time and wishing it was snowing...

Attachments

• DSC_0618.jpg
    DSC_0618.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC_0696.jpg
    DSC_0696.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC_0647.jpg
    DSC_0647.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC_0653.jpg
    DSC_0653.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC_0671.jpg
    DSC_0671.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC_0684.jpg
    DSC_0684.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok, here's a story the way I heard it. there's this gal that comes to the land of ten thousands lakes and buys a sno-cat this alleged gal is going down the road and some people see this sno-cat and start to follow when this alleged gal stops
They tell her they want to buy that vintage sno-cat this gal says no it not for sale I just bought it. They offer any sum of money she wants for it. She answers
No I'm the pontoon piranha and it's mine now be on your way or I'll bite you.
Now I'm fairly certain this story is true it did not come from the fake news media
:whistling:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
you know you cannot believe those leaks and rumors are seldom accurate.
how much did you offer?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok, here's a story the way I heard it. there's this gal that comes to the land of ten thousands lakes and buys a sno-cat this alleged gal is going down the road and some people see this sno-cat and start to follow when this alleged gal stops
They tell her they want to buy that vintage sno-cat this gal says no it not for sale I just bought it. They offer any sum of money she wants for it. She answers
No I'm the pontoon piranha and it's mine now be on your way or I'll bite you.
Now I'm fairly certain this story is true it did not come from the fake news media
:whistling:

and they all lived happily ever after...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Took my Snow Trac to a car show today.. I highly recommend any one with a machine to do so. Car guys love machinery, and a Snow Cat will really get a lot of attention, and great conversations as well. Just do it!! :biggrin:

Regards, Kirk

Sno-Surfer

For those that want to meet for breakfast at Good News Gardening, I noticed the lot across the st to park at is gated off now so continue on around the corner past the cafe and park at the bowling alley on the left or the church parking lot on the right.
Weather looks to be outstanding, bring your sun hats, reminds me to try and find an awning for shade but there is plenty of shade in the museum and surrounding buildings.
The only thing we could use is a few loads of snow brought down from Timberline to park on:brows::whistling:

Looking forward to seeing my cat friends in the summer. :clap:

Jimvt, if you're late for the early bird breakfast, the Lions will be serving breakfast at the event too. :wink:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
For those that want to meet for breakfast at Good News Gardening, I noticed the lot across the st to park at is gated off now so continue on around the corner past the cafe and park at the bowling alley on the left or the church parking lot on the right.
Weather looks to be outstanding, bring your sun hats, reminds me to try and find an awning for shade but there is plenty of shade in the museum and surrounding buildings.
The only thing we could use is a few loads of snow brought down from Timberline to park on:brows::whistling:

Looking forward to seeing my cat friends in the summer. :clap:

Jimvt, if you're late for the early bird breakfast, the Lions will be serving breakfast at the event too. :wink:
don't plan on seeing me. maybe next time . I'll let the the 500 club break in the show .