• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1975 Tucker SnoCat Front 5th Wheel

Macstar

I Have a 1975 Tucker SnoCat model 1644 that is looking for a front 5th wheel. Mine broke right in half. Stamped on it is SnowCat 443AF. Anyone with information where a guy could get one would be greatly appreciated!

I had seen a tread from back in 2011 that one guy had come across about 7 of those 5th wheels but unable to find it again.

Also if anyone has info on anything related to 5th wheels that would be appreciated as well. So far what I know is back in the day if you ordered your Snowcat with a blade they installed a steel front 5th wheel and put an aluminum one in the back. Mine as Aluminum in front and steel in the back. Was thinking if I can't find anything for aluminum front 5th Wheel that I could build one out of steel 1/2" plate. Anyone try to do this fix before?

Thanks

Macstar

I'm not sure if this could be welded. She's broke pretty bad!!
What's your thoughts??

Attachments

• IMG_3470.jpg
    IMG_3470.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_3471.jpg
    IMG_3471.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_3472.jpg
    IMG_3472.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 324

ScottMX68

I had a broken steel one on my1344. I had a new plate cut and had the boss cut out of old one and welded in new one. Worked great. Good luck.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's a good one. I would venture a guess it happened while in a turn going over some obstacle and the table maxed out on tilt hitting the frame and the impact caused the break?

That one might be past welding.

Macstar

That's a good one. I would venture a guess it happened while in a turn going over some obstacle and the table maxed out on tilt hitting the frame and the impact caused the break?

That one might be past welding.

Unfortunately It was sitting out on the grass for a year and tracks where froze in the ground. Tried to tow it with the Bobcat so I could put her in the shop. Just about had it broke loose then I notice she wasn't sitting level? I wouldn't do that again!!