• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

a moderen krusty

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the local krusty oops I mean bv206 coming to town for a transmission replacement

Attachments

• 20151231_142915.jpg
    20151231_142915.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 20151231_143912.jpg
    20151231_143912.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 244
  • 20151231_144331.jpg
    20151231_144331.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 245

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not trying to make up for pecker size it's always nice to have the biggest cat in town

Kristi Kt-4

I would have thought that Nome, Ak would be one of the last places on earth for vandals.... What a shame to spray paint on such a nice machine and especially a Kristi relative! :wow: I am suprised that it was not stored in a secure building. Is it a diesel model?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
your right not as bad here as some of the villages you get out in surrounding villages you don't want to leave tempered glass unttended. the construction company's band plywood over the glass so its there the next spring. supposedly 420 is some dope smoking code must have come about as dope legalization came about here in ak.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If it was a real krusty it would be towed in on a trailer :whistling:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
mike I will text you some pics I built that one off the pattern for the military bars as I get some more time I will post sone pics of pulling they power pack with out the military apparatus so guys like you can get an idea of how to service the power train components.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
the lighting sucks but you look close you can see where I used a 3 inch pipe attached to fork lift forks and a come along to lift the power pack and pull it out through the drivers side rear door

Attachments

• IMG_20160105_120614.jpg
    IMG_20160105_120614.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20160105_120623.jpg
    IMG_20160105_120623.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_20160105_120638.jpg
    IMG_20160105_120638.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 207

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hate to bring it up but...... a Kristi would have pulled the Bv206 up the small incline on the first try with the superior traction of the hickory grousers. :yum:

Glad to see the good humor on both sides of the Kristi/Krusty debate :big grin:

And yea, those hickory grousers, clearly a development that was ahead of its time. Undeniably superior traction. Probably even got a U.S. Patent pending on the tree. :whistling:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice work don.

I am thinking that timing is spot on.

Governor seems right on the spot as well.

I love the extended passenger cabin.. How do you get heat to the rear cabins?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
just think Mike if you had a krusty or bv206 around, you too could have an extra snow condo. anyway got the engine pulled yesterday, and separated the transmission waiting on a torque converter to come in before installing the new good used transmission than re installing the power pack. any one who thinks finding parts for an old snow trac or Thiokol is hard, they haven't tried looking for bv 206 crap I bet Kristi parte are easier to come by and a lot less expensive. every one thinks because these are newer they are going to have more parts available, not. I heard horror stories of five hundred dollar each lower radiator hoses plus a year and half wait for a production run. I said it once and I will say it again you could not pay me to take one of these to use how ever I might consider using one to part out.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
for those who are interested here is a picture of the tow bar I built it is essentialy a field reproduction of the military tow bar

Attachments

• 20160105_191259.jpg
    20160105_191259.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 158