• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Checking on cabin roof

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Last year when the snow slid off the cabin roof it bent the 8" stainless chimney
This year looks fine had to snowshoe in unless I wanted to shovel out the gate
About 4 feet of snow in places the dog had a hard time, well so did I

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 268

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The power of snow and ice is incredible . I always build crickets behind all vents or chimneys in snow country .

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Al I know how to build grasshopper with creme de menthe but not sure what to use for a cricket ? :w00t2:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Al I know how to build grasshopper with creme de menthe but not sure what to use for a cricket ? :w00t2:
A cricket is a simple triangle flashing that sits behind the pipe and splits the snow as it slides off the roof .Think of it as a "mini dormer" on a roof
I make mine out of 3/4" plywood then cover in sheetmetal leaving a 1"tab across the sides and bottom to attaché it to the roof with screws . All you need to know is the height of the pipe you want to protect and the pitch of the roof to make one .
I make mine in the shop and just carry it up the ladder and screw it in place .It is lightweight and simple and it stops the problem for good .

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAQHAHAH

I was thinking the same thing.

So the gate was locked and I would have to shovel it out..... :cool:

I wasn't sure if that was code for something....

I needed a smile today and this was it.