• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Marquette County Search and Rescue DMC

wesley

The local Search and Rescue snowcat was at a local auto repair shop so I ran over and took a few photos. I have a friend who is with the State police who had shown it to me years ago but it was stored in an unlit garage and although I was alowed to climb all over it, none of my pictures turned out. I was told it was originally owned by K. I. Sawyer AFB, a SAC B-52 bomber base near here that is now closed. The DMC's replaced 600 series Thiokols that were to be used for pilot rescue in winter. I believe It is at the repair shop due to lack of use, I have never seen it out more than a few times in the last 10 years.:doh:

Attachments

• 100_2921.jpg
    100_2921.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 100_2923.jpg
    100_2923.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 100_2925.jpg
    100_2925.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 100_2922.jpg
    100_2922.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 100_2924.jpg
    100_2924.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 100_2926.jpg
    100_2926.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 197

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
It looks to me like a late 80's LMC 1200 that was built after Logan Mfg took over from Deloren Motor Company the rights to manufacture the snow cats. Most likely it will have the Ford industrial 300 with a C6 transmission. A few were put together at the factory with a Cummins diesel but very few seem to exist today with that engine. My parts manual I had with mine showed the diesel parts also along with the common Ford power. Mine was the Ford Industrial power with the large doors and square headlights as in the pics.

weatherby

Just to add to Wesley's photos....A interior pic of the same machine.

Attachments

• DSC02918-1.jpg
    DSC02918-1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 172

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The local Search and Rescue snowcat was at a local auto repair shop so I ran over and took a few photos. I have a friend who is with the State police who had shown it to me years ago but it was stored in an unlit garage and although I was alowed to climb all over it, none of my pictures turned out. I was told it was originally owned by K. I. Sawyer AFB, a SAC B-52 bomber base near here that is now closed. The DMC's replaced 600 series Thiokols that were to be used for pilot rescue in winter. I believe It is at the repair shop due to lack of use, I have never seen it out more than a few times in the last 10 years
maybe now they will run it a little more often and keep it running.

wesley

My thoughts exactly. I offered to take it out and run it every now and then but they wouldn't go for it.