• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

At least there's this......

Nate b

So I attended the snow cat jamboree, with no snow, then when I head for work it pretty much snows everyday I'm gone. On top of that I'm not seeing anyone out playing with their toys in the fresh white stuff we are getting, but I am at least keeping my sanity by looking at things like these.
desane9u.jpg
zedehy4a.jpg
agytagaq.jpg
ezy9yqug.jpg
u3ede7as.jpg

undy

The units on that Dodge look lots more heavily built than the TrackNGo's. Anybody know what they are?

The units on that Dodge look lots more heavily built than the TrackNGo's. Anybody know what they are?

I would hope they're a bit better built! The TrackNGo units are exactly what they say they are. You stop your vehicle somewhere, pull the tracks out and drive onto them. You tighten all the adjustments up and you're off in I think 10-20 minutes.

The tracks on the second truck look similar to Mattracks or American Track Truck units. I'm sure there's other companies making units like them and that's probably what's on the truck in that picture. They're not cheap either, I've heard numbers from $15,000-$50,000 depending on the set you get for a car/truck. They're cheaper for ATVs ($3,000ish) though.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the looks of those hd tracks on the dodge .I would be interested in something like that for my dodge, this is the one year I really could have used them in the winter. otherwise I believe they would really expand my mobility with that big heavy truck for the summer

Nate b

So some of you met my little brother, he likes snow just as much as I. So when I'm at work I always ask him what he's doing. Yesterday he sends me this.
mypa2uby.jpg

But come this weekend I should have more of these.
una2a4es.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's a Youtube video of those in action: http://youtu.be/XwpKjEa4LYY

Although it appears to be a much lighter duty system than some of the other options, it probably will be more than enough for most of the people who need/desire some sort of track system.

I wonder how much horsepower drain there is when using these? Seems like any track system will require more horsepower and be far less efficient, but this system, being a friction drive instead of a direct mechanical drive, may be even less efficient???