• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wyoming Snowcat Meet and Greet Feb 27-28-1-2

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK the location for the first ever Wyoming meet and greet will be Deer Haven lodge Ten Sleep, Wy. This is a mountain lodge 15 miles east of Ten Sleep,Wy. 45 miles West of Buffalo,Wy. There telephone number is 307-366-2424. They have a few newly remodeled motel rooms. And a bunch of rustic cabins. Cheaper lodging is located in Ten Sleep. The dates are Feb 27-28-1-2 .

Last edited by a moderator:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: wyoming meet and greet Feb 27-28-1-2

Web cams of location other than the cams labeled Alpine.
www.romehill.com/all
The snow is mounting up well with 12-24in fresh in last couple of days. More in higher elevations.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter

Deerhaven lodge is located at 8000 ft. Elevations will vary up to 9500 ft. There is a local ski hill (meadowlark) open Fri,sat,sun. Just a few miles down the road. For those who are looking for more adventure. Deerhaven lodge does rent snowmobiles.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter

Snowmobile stickers are 25$. They require year make model and a 6 digit Id number. They are avail at Deer haven lodge.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Just booked a room at Deer Haven. I hope I am not the only one.... They still have rooms and cabins to offer for that week/weekend. And they have mega SNOW!!!:winterrul:letitsnow::thewave::dancing:

utahwilson

seems doable and tempting. working hard to get the snowcat finished, but I have to fly into Toronto next week and then NJ. Worse case, may bring up the sled. How far from SLC?

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter

400 easy miles +- bring cat also good project!!!! But sled is a great time!!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

How about the "party crashers" from Levenworth?:wink: I hope some of you good folks will crash our party....:whistling::clap:

Best regards, Kirk

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter

Few pics. Don't make me haul the Tucker to the Mtn....

Attachments

• mead.jpg
    mead.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 288
  • meadow1.jpg
    meadow1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 286
  • mead2.jpg
    mead2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 286
  • west lake.jpg
    west lake.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 290

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter

Just got a few more inches we are in the groove now!!

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter

This is a snowcat get together I guess I caused confusion by changing the name.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter

Can an admin change the name?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

I have to officially bow out of the Snow Cat get together.
The final omen was a flat tire on the trailer today. I used the MAster to extract a disabled tractor from a bog. a few hours north of here.Everything went as planned and now two days later I have flat sitting in the yard. (side wall bruise)

The Thesis feed back came back less than stellar.

I have a room at deer haven if you would like it.....

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
This has been canceled due to lack of interest. If a mod wants to delete that is fine so we don't have confusion.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it takes lots to get a meet going and steup. we started out with 3 of us just getting together.
sorry this happened . I was hoping to see some good pictures.
jim

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
There will be several of us forum members in the Northern end of Wisconsin & U.P. of Michingan getting together at the same time. May visit the ice caves in lake Superior if we decide. I am sure there will be some pics from over here posted...

Regards, Kirk

Kristi Kt-4

A few pics for you guys. The shacks were tuesday/wednesday and the lunch picture was today. :w00t2:

Attachments

• 20140225_120009.jpg
    20140225_120009.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 20140227_123519.jpg
    20140227_123519.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 117