• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bent Tucker

cloudcap

GOLD Site Supporter
For vacation this year we did some camping in the mountains of northern California and took a quick detour in Medford to eyeball the Tucker plant. They have a yard full of interesting equipment.
DSCN1714.JPG
On closer examination, there were a couple of Tucker Terras in the front row with U.S. Marine Corps markings that were a little worse for the wear. Of the two, the one below was in the rougher shape. If they'd rolled it I would have thought the cab would have been deformed, so maybe it was crushed by snow or something. In any case, they appear to have been sent back to the manufacturer for a little buffing and polishing.

DSCN1715.JPG

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
For vacation this year we did some camping in the mountains of northern California and took a quick detour in Medford to eyeball the Tucker plant.
Medford, as in Medford Oregon? I lived about 30 miles from Medford for a good many years. Beautiful place. :thumb:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Alaska snow cat was telling me a story of one of his neighbors bending the frame on a tucker. I believe it was last winter when he hit a stump with it. I wonder what the seagoing bellhops need with a tucker I cant imagine them for a beach assault.

Alaska snow cat was telling me a story of one of his neighbors bending the frame on a tucker. I believe it was last winter when he hit a stump with it. I wonder what the seagoing bellhops need with a tucker I cant imagine them for a beach assault.

I bet they use it as an ancillary vehicle in the sand of one of their amphibious bases, or at their mountain warfare center.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I would bet it to be an mwr activity like a ski area or for a mountain training site generally they train with what is in the system, and the army is fat on bv206's now. in fact they are getting rid of them because the modern battlefield requires armor protection funny thing is armor and snow just never mix's well.