• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Explain your moniker

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
or on screen name. Only if you want to. :smile:

Me first. I'm old and I always need a nap. :shifty:

I also use another on many of the gun forums. MrJitters. It's from the Rolling Stones's song "You Can't Always Get What You Want.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I used to own and ride mules. I am also old and need a nap. Is it time yet?:yum:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
came to ff and used the name kimi....got sick of the pervs hitting on me thinking kimi was a woman:yum::yum::yum::yum:

Doc agreed to change it and chose Galvatron as it was on my coffee mug from Transformers....big ugly guy shooting off his large weapon:yum::yum::yum:

all true.:wink:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I came here from a tractor site. I had recently bought a New Holland TC18 and live in Ohio. Hence OhioTC18

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It had to be something nautical or to do with the sea, coming from a long list of proud serving Navy men in my family on Daddy's side.
I asked to have it changed to my real name, but I don't think it was accepted, so Doc changed it back to PG lol

Kane

I've always ended up using my real name, 'cause JackAss is usually already taken.

I hear that the Chinese are going to demand that all internet users/bloggers use their real name. Too much anonymous dissidence, they say, so they need to keep track of the trouble makers.

Won't be long in America. Isn't FaceBook making this change? Forums Forums would have about three people chatting if the Chinese had their way.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a racecar that tends to get “squerly”. And you all thought it had something to do with 4 legged nut munchers...

SquerlyLarge.jpg

loboloco

The white wolf is my totem, and I've often been referred to as being crazy. Transformed it into spanish many years ago.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i use luvs as my name on 2 of doc's sites & used to @ another. i like it. nothing much special about it. i went to urban dictonary & typed in my real name- than i was like, 'woah! i shoulda used that!' until i got to the some of the meanings further in~

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I use my own name, Joe and the C is the first initial of my last name. I have two basic handles on the Internet either joec or joecil as there is another joec on some of the boards that is not me. I've never cared for handles even when it was CB radios.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
The place where I was first blooded, and where the first of my close comrades ended up in body bags. It is mostly used
to honor those who didn't make it back alive.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I used to have a Thiokol Imp. Imps and pixies are similar.

"The queen of the Cornish pixies is said to be Joan the Wad (torch), and she is considered to be good luck or bring good luck. In Devon, pixies are said to be "invisibly small, and harmless or friendly to man." "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixie

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There was a time when more than likely when you saw me I had a Big Dog logo shirt on and I ain't a little guy!

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Well the "Fogtender" came from being stationed on a buoy tender in the Coast Guard where we went around fixing and upgrading aids to Navigation, from there I was stationed on a lighthouse/lifeboat station on the Great Lakes (Ashtabula, Ohio).

We spent a week on the lighthouse for a week, then ran boats for search and rescue for two weeks. When it was "Foggy", the lighthouse tended to the fog for the mariners safety. Since it was at the time of the 1970's when everyone had a CB. We were at the lighthouse and would chat with the CB, and the boaters would call me "hey Fogtender", and I choose "Fogtender" as a "handle" and have used it since.

Trakternut

My farming background blessed me with a fondness for tractors of another era. It is my desire to bring an example of these machines home, one day, to play with. So, since I love tractors so much, my moniker came about.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There was a time when more than likely when you saw me I had a Big Dog logo shirt on and I ain't a little guy!

Never knew that! :clap:
Well the "Fogtender" came from being stationed on a buoy tender in the Coast Guard where we went around fixing and upgrading aids to Navigation, from there I was stationed on a lighthouse/lifeboat station on the Great Lakes (Ashtabula, Ohio).

We spent a week on the lighthouse for a week, then ran boats for search and rescue for two weeks. When it was "Foggy", the lighthouse tended to the fog for the mariners safety. Since it was at the time of the 1970's when everyone had a CB. We were at the lighthouse and would chat with the CB, and the boaters would call me "hey Fogtender", and I choose "Fogtender" as a "handle" and have used it since.

Nice story behind your forum name, Mark.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc Sevin is a very flawed character in an unpublished novel. It is also a psuedonym I used when I once wrote a newspaper column.

Jimmy Stewart is my favorite personality. If I could choose to be someone, it would be him. Fortunately for Jimmy, and for the world, I could not.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc Sevin is a very flawed character in an unpublished novel. It is also a psuedonym I used when I once wrote a newspaper column.

Jimmy Stewart is my favorite personality. If I could choose to be someone, it would be him. Fortunately for Jimmy, and for the world, I could not.

I live 20 miles from Jimmy's home town! Ever been to Indiana, PA?

grizzer

Mine is a spin on the agricultural grist. After landing on the farm post 9/11 from the destruction of the hi tech industry.