• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

mining camp

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
well i've been working on a plan for a while i have a gold claim i'm planning on develiping into a tourist trap.As a family we will be goinng out tonight to start setting up for exploration and i plan on taking a camara with me the trip in is 17 miles of high terrain than dropping down in to the flambeau river drainage. should be a fun trip i had minime out wendsday with me when i took out some gear he has already picked out his swimming hole. my first stage will be brushing the trail with a weed eater to get it wide enough for the snow trac or the jeep to get down or just to keep me dry when riding quads, running through the willows when rain soaked will get you wet.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
pics will come on monday as for the map go to google earth and do a search on hazel creek or flambeau river. just remember i havn't determined weather there is any gold there yet i will say, i took some samples and found fine flood gold in the first shovel full.i have a guy comming out with some kind of $7000.00 detector that is suposed to tell me what is under the ground I havn't seen it yet most of those i have seen just find magnetic anomonlys that indicate the presence of mineral concentrations the good part about this is it will show me where to drill test holes first.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
these pics are from my trip in to camp the weather was great, took mini me and the dogs and a few friends. wiife had a date with the bottle so she didn't make it her loss. tim had a great time as you can see a taking a nap with the dogs and looking out at picknic rock

Attachments

• camping 048.jpg
    camping 048.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 203
  • camping 049.jpg
    camping 049.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 205
  • camping 050.jpg
    camping 050.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 208
  • camping 051.jpg
    camping 051.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 211
  • camping 052.jpg
    camping 052.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 204
  • camping 053.jpg
    camping 053.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 207
  • camping 047.jpg
    camping 047.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 206

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
a few more that didn't down load

Attachments

• camping 047.jpg
    camping 047.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 206
  • camping 044.jpg
    camping 044.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 209
  • camping 040.jpg
    camping 040.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 208

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Great pics Don, thanks for sharing. The one thing i enjoy is no fences, powerlines or anything else that takes away from such beautiful scenery. :thumb:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
some more pics you are right no power lines or cell towers but no cell service or hot spots to this round starts withe Tim AKA(minime) ooking out over camp from picknic rock.and also Tim swimming with the dog's first time in a long while i've seen MacaaArther has jumped in and swam all summer his hips are giving him problems also he has ever gone swimming with any of the kids.

Attachments

• camping 050.jpg
    camping 050.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 203
  • camping 051.jpg
    camping 051.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 215
  • camping 052.jpg
    camping 052.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 206
  • camping 053.jpg
    camping 053.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 201
  • camping 054.jpg
    camping 054.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 195
  • camping 055.jpg
    camping 055.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 204
  • camping 056.jpg
    camping 056.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 196
  • camping 057.jpg
    camping 057.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 192
  • camping 058.jpg
    camping 058.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 191

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i've just started exlporation and have found some flood gold on top it's supposed to be about 3 feet to bed rock where the real color will be. i was walking around as much as i could it was roasting hot on sunday almost 100 degrees qnd it's lookig like i'm going to have to get a piece of equipment in with a ripper to remove thw willows from the creek bed some of the stumps are in the 8 to 10 inch range will be a bitch just trying to do exploration in that kind of brush with a pick and shovel.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i have another creek on the same claim i believe will be more conducive to dredging as it runs accross a bedrock outcropping. both are covered in hugh will stands and the willows will have to go i'm not planning on doing any dredging i'm after the tourist buisness a little pick and shovel work up in the benches that were not worked in the 1900's as they were still frozen then up here there are a lot of old claims now days being re worked as they were frozen during the first gold rush